shape
carat
color
clarity

Uli and Daniel M earrings.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
You all know I like quirky so here are my Dan M and Uli Zeisberg earrings. I wanted the fire opals to punch you out and I think the oxidized silver does it. Comments welcome. Please don't mind the doggie hair on the gem ( I am unable to take a picture without some sort of fuzz or hair on it)

uliandDan3.jpg

uliandDan2.jpg

uliandDan.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Athenaworth. I like em a lot too. The little top stones are spinels, gray/blue.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh those are yours? I saw those on their site and thought how cool they were! I really like that oxidized silver!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered who belonged to those. Very cool, medieval even.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very cool earrings! Love the design!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
texaskj|1305857472|2926212 said:
I wondered who belonged to those. Very cool, medieval even.

That's a good way to describe them !!!!
I thought that, too !

I really think that's a cool setting, and I would LOVE to see a modeling pic :sun:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat: Hi. I tend to like antique looking jewelry so when I designed these I went for baroque modern. Hehe. I have a pair of earrings by Roger Benatar that are black rhodium plated gold and love the look but Dan doesn't do that so I we twit the oxidized silver and love the matte finish.

Texaskj. I like the medieval descriptor! :appl:

Alene thanks for the comments. I love pretty things.

Ooooshiney hehe I will try to take another pic tonight.

My new pearls earrings are listed too if you want to take a look :naughty: :appl: :love: :D

T

talamasca

They're great, lovely colour and I really like the antiquey style

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Just brilliant! A delicate antique look, with definite punch :appl: I love fire opals.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are really different in a good way; it's great to see different ideas come to fruition. Did you think up the setting design or was it a collaboration with Daniel M?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I came up with the design. Initially they were longer and more fussy but they got whittled down to this. Dan and Caren made it happen with their magical talent. :appl:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those are really neat! We definitely need some ear shots though.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy, they are awesome! I like the combo of orange, warm opals with austere metal around them.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your kind words everyone. I love hearing what you have to say. I am including an ear shot and a little background.
I did the sketch initially with a few round spinels and super dangly, turned out to be too much so the earrings got paired down to their current iteration.

Most of the inspiration was Berlin Iron Works jewelry that was made in the late 1800's it is very gothic and cool so I hope you like the pics and history.

sundayulianddan.jpg

shapeimage_4.jpg

image.jpeg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so cool and they look great on you! They're very unique and pretty.

I love your inspiration--I'm going to have to look into Berlin Iron jewelry. So neat!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
very nice earrings, unique and different! I like that! Berlin IronWorks jewelry is very interesting. Not too many people know about it. I also collect Whitby Jet jewelry, it's also something to wear when you are in a Gothic mood...very nice earrings!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you all like them. They are very wearable too, which is great.

Sapphirecats: I love antique jewelry and try to buy different pieces when I get a chance. I don't have any Berlin pieces but I have seen them and they are so finely done. I have some Jet pieces too and some gutta percha items as well! I recently moved from the East to the West coast, which has dramatically decreased the amount of antique jewelry available to me. Thank goodness for the internet, though....

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool earrings and I love the shape of the stones. I agree that the finish on the silver gives it an antiquey look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results