shape
carat
color
clarity

Two new pears!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I fell in love with Vigoruby's powder blue pear spinel that she obtained from Swala. I figure I will have to wait an eternity for one of these, so when I saw this 2.59 ct pear shaped sapphire, I fell in love. It's from Madagascar. Okay, it's not a spinel, but I think it's beautiful. Most people like a darker toned sapphire, but I prefer a lighter toned one. I would say this is medium light in tone. Here is the AIGS cert, and HT means "traditional heat" only. This is documented on AIGS website.

TLAIGSsapphire.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, TL, it''s beautiful! When will you be getting it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the vendor video. It''s from Odysseygem.

Clean as a whistle and very little zoning. It has a small amount of violet.

TLsapphirevendor.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay,
Here is my photo on the finger in dim natural light. Sorry it''s fuzzy. This stone won''t focus!! It''s a sparkler though!!

TLsapphirelonesome.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a new friend. I won this Mahenge in an auction, and I''m embarassed to say for how much I won her. Let''s just say I didn''t bother with an AIGS cert because I thought she''d be a dud, but she''s gorgeous!! From Odysseygem as well.

1.1 carats. There''s a small inclusion, but you cannot see it with the naked eye. She''s totally eye clean, and I only saw this inclusion when I looked at the photo. I would love to do a bypass ring with these two gems.

TLsapphirespinel.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the vendor photo for the spinel.

TLpearspinelvideo.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the spinel glowing in direct sun. It looks like the most garish hot pink fingernail polish you ever saw. I love it!!

So how about a hot and cold bypass ring??

TLmahengepearglows.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sapphire. I would like to get a lighter toned sapphire one of these days. The spinel is pretty too and I can totally enviison the bypass ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both stones are so beautiful and I just l
30.gif
ve the colors!!
Breathtaking!! And two of my favorite colors may I add
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spinel was even glowing the the plastic baggie that she came in.

Sorry for the fuzzy shot, but it was so glowy this morning when I first opened the package, I had to snap a few shots. This is in direct sunlight in a plastic gem bag.

TLmahengepearpink.JPG

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
color looks pretty darn nice on both..good finds TL..well done

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Both stones are beautiful!
30.gif
(& I''m flattered that you like my pastel blue spinel
2.gif
)

I just saw your post with a pic of Leon''s pear bypass ring in other thread (Btw, I looove that ring too!)... are you thinking of have something similar made with your pears?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I''m really thrilled with these latest two.

They look like they''re taking a stroll here.

TLspinelsapphirecouple.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2010 6:12:05 PM
Author: virgoruby
Both stones are beautiful!
30.gif
(& I''m flattered that you like my pastel blue spinel
2.gif
)

I just saw your post with a pic of Leon''s pear bypass ring in other thread (Btw, I looove that ring too!)... are you thinking of have something similar made with your pears?

Yes, I am thinking of something like that bypass. I am happy that both stones are medium light in tone so they won''t darken too much in a halo. Are you planning on setting your pear spinel? I really love that stone for it''s rarity, blue color and nice size. You did good on that one.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/5/2010 6:29:40 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 4/5/2010 6:12:05 PM

Yes, I am thinking of something like that bypass. I am happy that both stones are medium light in tone so they won''t darken too much in a halo. Are you planning on setting your pear spinel? I really love that stone for it''s rarity, blue color and nice size. You did good on that one.

I''m sure your pears will look fantastic in a bypass ring!

I really love my blue pear & would love to set it in an antique style pendant (following your fantastic suggestions
2.gif
), though I have to find a good local jeweller who could do a good pave/ halo setting first.. (alternatively, I could check out LOGR settings..)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

TL, your new stones are beautiful! I''m not fond of dark blue sapphires either, I also prefer the lighter tones. I love the medium blue color of your sapphire, and it''s a nice sized one too! Although the 6.66 kind of freaks me out.

23.gif
LOL!

But I''m still jealous over your hot pink pear Mahenge! I can''t believe you got it for that price!

6.gif

I wish I was that lucky.
22.gif

Are you going to set these? I can already envision the sapphire in an 18KYG head.
3.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!
how are you going to set it?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2010 6:26:57 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I''m really thrilled with these latest two.

They look like they''re taking a stroll here.
They look like they''re doing the train dance.
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love those two colored pears together! I would go for a point to point pendant, with the larger pear (blue one) fat side down and pointy side up. I know you are more of a ring gal, but this way you can wear your RHRs along with these two pear lovelies. Just a thought.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both.
I think I would have to have a pendant from one of them!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
That is my favorite shade of blue but you already knew that! Congrats on yet another beautiful score. I have something cooking on my blue sapphire from last year, I''ll keep you posted
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t expect to admit this since I’m very fussy with my blues but I prefer your blue sapphire over the pink spinel. It looks sparklier and the blue just POPS!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
They''re both wonderful, looking forward to see what you''ll do with them!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty pears TL!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
They''re both just lovely, TL. I would love to see them in a bypass ring.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and great colors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results