shape
carat
color
clarity

Tristan's ring

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Did he ever post it? I am hoping I missed it. We all spend a lot of effort to help him, myself included.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about the pink diamond ring? If so- I never saw it posted and also wondered how it turned out.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that's the one. He had bought a pink diamond from Leibish and was going to Victor Canera. I never saw a ring like that appear on VC's site, however. I'm not sure if that means anything.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a search and it doesn't look like Tristan has posted on PS since apx Aug 2012... my guess is either life got busy and he moved on from PS, or perhaps the ring and/or the engagement did not turn out.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
No, you didn't miss it. He posted for a while and I asked after the ring and shortly after he stopped posting I think.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, marrymm and starzin. It was bugging me the other day, thinking that I might have missed it. I hope Tristan comes back and tells us what happened. I can only imagine that VC would have made an absolute show stopper.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I bumped that topic a few times trying to get updates. Not cool to leave us hanging. Not cool at all. :evil: (not really that mad, but I still wonder from time to time, clearly)

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, sorry for the long absence. Just wanted to let all the helpful souls know that the ring is done (just).

No dramas, same stone same great lady, just later.

Here is the picture, do let me know what you think. Be as open as you can.

_17936.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy guac! :love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Totally Gorgeous!
I was just talking about you yesterday with a fellow FCD lover.
I'm so glad you came back, and posted your TDF pink diamond and ring.

Please tell us some of the comments the lucky lady has heard?
How often to people understand it's a fully-natural pink diamond and how rare it is to see one with no color treatment?
Do you and her educate family and friends about the subject, or keep it discrete?

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, she hasn't received it yet. Nor does anyone know about it save you guys.

The joy of not having pricescope friends. :)

Nobody I know would understand the pink stone... And most wouldn't be able to guess at the cost of something so innocuous. So it will just be a private 'secret'.

You guys really like it? (I know the tendency is to be nice since the poor man already made the ring and paid for it)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its so beautiful. I like that you didn't halo it.

I might like it more if there were a few more photos. :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy you let the stone speak for itself - it is so beautiful with just enough detail to compliment but not overshadow your pink. Yay!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1399738514|3669728 said:
I'm so happy you let the stone speak for itself - it is so beautiful with just enough detail to compliment but not overshadow your pink. Yay!! :appl:
Absolutely!!

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the straight bullet side stones. The only thing that would make it better is ... MORE pictures!!!! :naughty:

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pink diamond Tristan - congrats on getting the ring finally made :)

Kroshka

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It's amazing- just beautiful!!! And I'm not just saying that because it is already made- I love the setting you chose. Thank you for coming back to show it to us. She is a very lucky lady!!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only problem I see with it is that its currently homeless and needs to be nestled comfortably on its soon to be owner's hand.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind comments, and for everyone that was there for the journey way back in the past, thank you for all the help and inspiration, work on Photoshop and taking part in polls (especially the halo or no discussion)

Your kind words give me more confidence to share this ring with my special lady :)

I had a huge reaction to the rose gold basket - initially it was very jarring for me. But now having seen the video of the ring I realize why and how important protecting the delicate pink from washing out is.

Now I just need pregcurious to see this thread so that she can be at ease ;-)

Oh and hi Kenny, you were the first person I was thinking of when I thought to post this pink stone. I was hoping you were well from way back when. I really haven't been on price scope for so long.

Now to shop for that 1.5ct yellow for the future anniversary ring... :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tristan,
Rest assured, you did great. :appl: The pink FCD really needs the rose gold basket. Even the most intense FCD benefits from a similarly coloured basket. It is true that we aren't accustomed to seeing 2 toned settings but it doesn't mean that it is "wrong".

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tristan - what a stunner and well done you! I think you've achieved a very elegant ring. I'm glad you had a vision and decided to run with it and didn't go too bonkers with the accent stones. It's just perfect.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LD and Chrono :wavey: was hoping you would both stop by.

Thanks again for the kind words :).

I know enough to be sure that many here would have gone a different direction, and would have had a different vision had the ring design been in their hands. Yet all that can are kind enough to share something they like about it.

Now finally in the role of the 'guy with the ring - whaddaya think?'... I realize how it feels to be on the receiving end of good vibes. It helps that people appreciate different aspects, now just hoping my partner will love it.

Oh and I wanted to say for the record... Victor is a consummate gentleman and amazingly patient. Amazingly. I can't imagine someone else working on the ring. My unreserved recommendations of him as a craftsman.

And he made a video: it's scary how in some lights the pink is washed almost completely out. Hope you like the craftsmanship :)

http://youtu.be/pv2iD9GsI7o

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a shame the lighting has washed out the stone in the video. Despite that it looks awesome. I'm sure your intended will love it and, ahem, if she doesn't, I'll have it! :bigsmile:

I find pinks have a character all of their own and you'll find it'll be more pink in certain lighting conditions.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks so delicate and feminine in the video; I cannot imagine she'd be anything less than thrilled to receive the ring with your proposal.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1399908948|3671028 said:
Oh what a shame the lighting has washed out the stone in the video. Despite that it looks awesome. I'm sure your intended will love it and, ahem, if she doesn't, I'll have it! :bigsmile:

I find pinks have a character all of their own and you'll find it'll be more pink in certain lighting conditions.

There was once a silly man who insisted on a round brilliant on a fancy stone (couldn't afford argyle intense), and then later realized that fluorescent and strong white light bled out the pink ;(

I've carried it everywhere, thank god it is pink in sunlight and warm lighting. I avoid airports and dentists as a matter of principle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results