shape
carat
color
clarity

Traffic light earrings - Emerald & ruby cabs in 18k YG

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally and I joked that these are my "traffic light" earrings - the rich green emeralds, the silky red rubies and the buttery yellow gold definitely make a statement! :naughty: :naughty:

The gems and 18k yellow gold setting are both from Heart of Water / Nam chai Jewels. The carved emerald "bonbons" have noticeable jardin that brought down the price and are about 6.5mm. The inclusions are not as noticeable in real life - the carvings tend to obscure them somewhat and all you see is the color and glow. The little pinkish-red ruby cabochons are 4mm. I love how festive and cheerful these earrings look - they'll be great for holidays and festivals. My e-ring is sapphire, so I like how I'm rounding out my collection with these emerald and ruby earrings. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1422452466182.jpg
earrings4.jpgearrings3_0.jpgearrings2_4.jpgearrings1_0.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Traffic stopping indeed! What beautiful earrings - a stunning combination. :appl: I particularly like the emeralds as they remind me of old fashioned jelly moulds - we used to have one in that shape when we were kids.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1423560611|3830157 said:
Traffic stopping indeed! What beautiful earrings - a stunning combination. :appl: I particularly like the emeralds as they remind me of old fashioned jelly moulds - we used to have one in that shape when we were kids.

You're totally right!! It reminds me of those childhood Jell-o salads. :wavey:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love these earrings, glad they now have a thread of their own! :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, these beauties truly deseve their own thread. Thanks for sharing!!!
I love that they have this casual chique appearance. They look great on you. The combination of colors is amazing. Is the color combo as stunning in real life? Sally did a great job :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIce earrings! I love the carved emeralds, what a unique touch.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful. Love the carved emeralds- so unique.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely!

I think it was back in the fifties, that Cartier did a whole line of cabochon jewelry combining ruby, emerald and sapphires. It was called Tutti Fruitti and it was all the rage. This reminds me of it, you can google the images.

I think it's stunning and would wear it any time. :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely!
and lovely on you as well!

yes, reminiscent of the Tutti Frutti and I too love the carved emeralds.

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
They are lovely! I imagined them to be much bigger than they actually are. They are quite dainty in the ear shot.

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look so good on you - I love the carved emeralds! What a fun pair of earrings to own!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them on you! :love: They are happy earrings! I have a pair of "happy earrings too". Mine are made with peridot and sapphire and the jeweler who created them called them the happy earrings and your new pair reminds me of those despite the different gemstones. When you see them they brighten up the day. Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really pretty! Luv 'em!

cheers--Sharon

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
There are really pretty and very timeless. Did Sally source the emeralds for you?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for stopping by and commenting, ricezo, Acinom, TL, LisaRN, iLander, movie zombie, Asscherhalo_lover, mariedtiger, indigoblue, ilovegemstones, missy, Sharon and pregcurious. Glad to see so many YG and red/green/yellow combo admirers here :love:

Acinom, I would say that the colors are truly very rich and bold in real life. I tend to like muted pastel colors, so at first I wasn't sure of such a bold pair of statement earrings, but looking at them, I feel so happy and cheerful, like I'm transported to a tropical beach with lots of fruit and candy, lol!! I know that Sally is based in Thailand, but the rich yellow gold and the ruby and emeralds remind me of the rich gold colors you see in Thai culture. :cheeky:

iLander
and movie zombie -- ah, I hadn't heard of the Cartier Tutti Frutti line until you mentioned it. I did some Googling and oh wow, the pieces there are just gorgeous, so glamorous and reminiscent of another, timeless, era. It's humbling to own a pair of earrings that are in some small way reminiscent of such amazing Cartier jewels. :angel:

indigoblue, they do look a bit chunky in some photos due to the heavy presence of the gold (it was done deliberately to provide the rich yellow color contrast), but they are super delicate and light in real life. :)

missy, "Happy" earrings! I love it! Do you have a post of your peridot and sapphire earrings? What an interesting combo - I'm intrigued!

pregcurious, these emeralds were part of some old stock that Sally had sitting around, so she was able to give me a good price on them. In fact, I started off planning a pair of faceted emerald pear earrings, and Sally even specially sourced a matched pair of pears for me, but unfortunately there was a mishap during the setting process - the faceted pears were a shallower cut, and sadly one of them chipped during the setting process. Sally was quite upset about it, because she mentioned it was very rare for her goldsmith Pomme to chip a stone in the decade-plus of setting many types of CS. It all worked out, because in the process of sourcing new emeralds, Sally mentioned she had these carved "bonbon" emeralds in her inventory that she had forgotten about, and I fell in love with their juicy/delicious appearance despite the inclusions. They were also larger than the original emerald pears that Sally had sourced for me, but Sally still came in under the original project budget, even with the larger emeralds and the last minute addition of the rubies (the original idea was to have simple fish-hook earrings with pear emeralds only, no rubies). I think I'll still get some pear-shaped earrings at some point, but for now I am extremely happy with the way these turned out. But for sure it was a bit of a journey! :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko, I never took pics of the earrings but I will try getting some good ones this weekend and if I can I will share a picture of them. They are very cheerful earrings and match the name the jeweler who created them gave them. And I think yours are very happy earrings too. And I know you have to be happy wearing your new earrings because they are beautiful! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1423729044|3831267 said:
missy, "Happy" earrings! I love it! Do you have a post of your peridot and sapphire earrings? What an interesting combo - I'm intrigued!

Here is my best attempt at earring pics for you mochiko. I hope you are enjoying your gorgeous cab earrings. They are beautiful and bright and they are "happy" earrings too!

happyearrings.jpg

_323.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results