shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on a emerald ring please

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Good morning Meely, how are you ?
Just wondering if you have the ring back yet & was interested in the results. It seemed to me that you were in a classic " push me pull me " quandary, I would totally understand if you sent it back but would also like to know if you kept it and why :bigsmile:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello - I didn't end up getting it tested as I decided not to keep it. I have decided I want something a little more unusual so on the look out, I will probably buy at auction so watch this space. Thanks for everyone's help!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you got to love it. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for when you least expect it!

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Hi Meely, thanks for the update. It didn't sound right from the beginning so you did the sensible thing IMO.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
meely|1409957825|3745687 said:
Hello - I didn't end up getting it tested as I decided not to keep it. I have decided I want something a little more unusual so on the look out, I will probably buy at auction so watch this space. Thanks for everyone's help!

Good decision, especially for that much money. No matter what expensive piece of jewelry/gems you buy, if you aren't 150% in love with it, send it back.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really prefer your real life photos and how the Emerald looks to the seller's photo! It looked much more like a real Emerald in your photos. Also please bear in mind before you get rid of it that 98% of Emeralds have been treated so this shouldn't be a worry. In fact, if it had been sold as natural/untreated, I would have been highly suspicious. Don't forget, great Emeralds have a lovely glow about them and not all do - some look dull and opaque.

As for the ring shank, I would say that resizing will be absolutely no problem and unlike Chrono's advice I wouldn't say that any stress would be put on the stones because the shank is separate from the halo (sorry Chrono! x).

The price you paid for the ring and Emerald is very fair - considering the diamonds (and Emerald actually) are nice ones. I would be tempted to keep this for a while and see if it grew on me!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
No worries or hard feelings about the disagreement of opinion. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results