carat
color
clarity

This is the same stone, right?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green with Envy|1420898741|3814516 said:
Do you have any 2nd, 3 rd top choices for people who can get pala (or other stones) that are not going to DOUBLE the price of the stone?

Thanks.

This would be a great idea for a generic thread - kind of a comparison if we could muster it. If people added their experiences to the thread when they contact jewelers for Pala stones, we might start to have a running idea of which dealers offered better prices on their stones. Just ruminating here; don't know if this would somehow get them in trouble though. It sure would help us!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree- it is so clear who has the best deals on PS for diamonds... but colored stone list of venders too overwhelming to be very helpful for a novice.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green with Envy|1420898741|3814516 said:
I tried to contact gary... his number is no longer valid on a website i found and never returned email.

He moved to Florida back in 2010 and I don't feel comfortable sharing his cell phone number publicly. Have you tried these email addresses?
[email protected]
[email protected]

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thx. I will try both of those. I just used one that was linked to his old web page.

will let you know of I hear anything, Chrono.

The search for a nice 4-5 ct blue sapphire is agonizing!!!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Chrono. Email worked!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update. I hope he'll be able to help you find your special stone.

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Green with Envy|1420989575|3814871 said:
I agree- it is so clear who has the best deals on PS for diamonds... but colored stone list of venders too overwhelming to be very helpful for a novice.
If you don't mind me asking, who is it that has the best deals on diamonds? :naughty:

I rarely venture out of the colored stones section.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
For diamonds I think it depends what type you want, old euro, modern hearts and arrow, vintage looking cushion, etc. The usual suspects which have good prices, COMPARED TO A REGULAR B&M STORE, are WF, GOG, OLD World Diamonds, JPEG, BN, ERD, etc. There are fewer usual suspects on the diamond side compared to colored stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For diamonds, there are broken down into different categories with these main players:
Super ideal cut branded MRBs: GOG, WF, BGD
Super ideal cut branded antique OEC and OMC: GOG, BE
Non branded antique cuts: Old World Diamonds, Erica Grace
Fancy shapes: JA, GOG

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results