shape
carat
color
clarity

THEY''RE HERE! First gemmies: Sugarloaf Amethyst and Tsav

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I came home today to find my first ever gemstone purchase sitting on my doorstep!!!

I was so excited to open her up to find out what was inside!!!

Before I get to the pictures, let me start by saying Eric at Swala was just wonderful to work with. He was very quick with communications and very helpful when it came to choosing a second stone to supplement my sugarloaf, which they custom cut. And I got the customary t-shirt along with my package. (No pics of that...sorry!
2.gif
) Vendor pic of the sugarloaf and the link to the inspiration ring for the sugarloaf can be found here: Linky!

Without further ado, below, pictures of my 4.13 ctw, Eye Clean, Excellent Cut, 10mm x 10mm x 7mm Sugarloaf Amethyst and her little brother, a 0.57 ctw, Eye Clean, Excellent Cut, 5.3mm x 5.3 mm x 2.7 mm Round Tsavorite.

All pictures taken in incandescent light as the sun had set here for the day by the time we got home.

Just out of the packaging:

February 2010 046a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Just the sugarloaf...

February 2010 048a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Together on the kitchen table...

February 2010 049a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Handshot of the tsav...

February 2010 053a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Together where they belong!

February 2010 054a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Handshot of the tsav from Eric at Swala...unsure of the lighting...

February 2010 handshot.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for looking!!! I''ll take more pictures tomorrow in some different lighting!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the stones...the amethyst looks yummy!

Laura

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 9:10:35 PM
Author: cellentani
I''m starting up the car and heading over!

Woohoo!

Seriously, I can''t wait to see them in the sun tomorrow! (If we get any, that is!) We have to set up a glamour shot session. I SPRINTED up the stairs to see if they had left the package or if I was going to have to journey to the UPS place to pick them up.

And thanks, Laura! The color is just so perfect...I couldn''t have picked a more stunning purple!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful. And the color of the amethyst is stunning!
Now, where is the shot of the T-shirt?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That tsav glows like crazy and I love the color of that amethyst

What a beautiful way to start a collection

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are lovely. I really like sugar loaves, they make nice big bold rings!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these sugarloaf threads make me hungry. I don''t know if it''s the name coupled with the fact they look like yummy gumdrops.
3.gif

Very pretty amethyst, and is that the same tsavorite in the vendor photo? I thought for some reason it was over a carat, but I might be thinking of some other stone. The color is very saturated for a small stone. Enjoy!!
31.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
crasru: I'll take a picture of the Tshirt just for you when my camera's done charging.
9.gif

LtlFirecracker: I could not be happier with everything! I'm still trying to figure out where the tsav will end up...but for now, I'm content to just stare!

Dreamer: I fell in love with one at the GTG and just HAD to have one for my own! ESPECIALLY after megeve's!

TL: They DO look like gumdrops! As for the tsav, I didn't post vendor pics of this one til now, but I know someone else just recently posted a round tsav from Swala that they ended up passing on. It was a different stone, and I believe over a carat.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ammy and tsav. I hope you''ll get some sunshine tomorrow as I want to see outdoor shots!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beauties!!! Love them both in different ways. Plans for setting them or just enjoying them right now as are?

Very very pretty, congrats!!!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, yummy! They're gorgeous... I'm soo tempted to buy an amethyst sugarloaf now! I can't wait to see them set :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ammy is pure grape jelly
18.gif

some of the tsavs at swala tend to go more bluish in incandescent light . They tend to look more like the vendor pics in natural light. I don''t know why but they do. Then there''s the issue with taking pictures of green. Some cameras have a issues with it.

-A

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Chrono: Thanks! I hope to some day have a collection as lovely as yours! I don''t know about venturing outdoors as I''m a bit of a butterfingers, but we have a sunroom and there''s sun this morning!
Bella: Thank you! I''ve seen her glow this morning and I''m SO excited!
Stonie: The Ammy is going in a rose gold ring. Just prongs and a band that tapers in toward the stone. No plans for the tsav yet.
BG: You SHOULD! They are just lovely in person. The way the light plays around in the stone is just fascinating!
Arcadian: I got the tsav out in the sun this morning...he looks a LOT more like the vendor pic. I can''t quite capture the glow with my point-and-shoot...but it''s there!
Oddoneout: Thanks!!!

We got SUN this morning.
10.gif
There are pictures, but I''m on my way to a baby shower brunch. I will post them when I return!!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Tease!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your first gem purchase, Vc10um! These are really beautiful colors too. Looking forward to seeing the sunny picts!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome now hurry back and post those sunlight pictures!
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful gems, especially the amethyst!

P. S. Not so sure that it''s a great idea to post pics of t-shirts, especially if they''re always the same kind - they might become recognisable, and those t-shirts do have a distinct purpose in the case of these gems, if you know what I mean...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
ladyciel:
3.gif

AN and Chrono: They''re on the their way!
ma re: Due to posting problems I didn''t see your post until after I''d already posted the picture. You have a great point and I''ll have the mods remove the file. And thanks for your compliments!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Diffused sun this morning...

February 2010 062a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
He likes diffused sunlight, too!

February 2010 065a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Direct sun!

February 2010 068a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results