shape
carat
color
clarity

The World's Most Expensive Handbag

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ultimate handbagging: Heart-shaped, gem-encrusted accessory that costs a cool £2.35m

If you thought Victoria Beckham's £18,000 hand luggage was a little pricey, you probably won't be snapping up the Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse. The heart-shaped handbag is valued at £2.35 million - setting the record for the world's most expensive handbag according to the Guinness World Records. The Mouawad is made of 18 kt gold which is encrusted with 4,517 diamonds - 105 of them yellow, 56 pink and 4,356 colourless. It weighs 381.92 carats. The bag took ten artisans more than 8,800 hours to make. The co-guardians of the House of Mouawad, Fred and Pascal Mouawad, unveiled the scarily expensive purse at the Doha Jewellery and Watches Exhibition over the weekend.

The 1001 Nights Diamond Purse, designed by Robert Mouawad, is the fashion label's second record-breaking attempt. In 2003, Mouawad's Very Sexy Fantasy Bra, made in collaboration with Victoria's Secret, was modeled by Heidi Klum. The £6.8 million bra included a dangling 70 carat round diamond which was cut from the second largest rough diamond ever found at the time.

Mouawad's purse is, unsurprisingly, inspired by the epic tale of romance and intrigue. Pascal Mouawad, said: 'Just as the tales of Scheherazade have captivated readers with their intricately woven plots of uninhibited passion and daring, The Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse is designed to mesmerise with its lavish attention to detail and elaborate workmanship incorporating thousands of diamonds.' Fred Mouawad added: 'This breathtaking creation is a unique masterpiece... not only is it one of a kind but it is also the world's most valuable, intensifying its power to enchant those who have the privilege of wearing it.'

The luxury jewellery brand was founded by David Mouawad in 1890. Celebrities including Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Lopez, Gisele Bundchen, Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey have all worn Mouawad jewels - but we have yet to see whether any of them will be entrusted with this record-breaking piece

Gemstone Bikini.jpg

Diamond Handbag.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o

To the handbag and Heidi Klum (of course, who is looking at her bikini). LOL!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ah, if I had one of those I would so be trying to pick out the diamonds lol!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Befugly.
$29.95 at Girlprops

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
apart from the model, the rest is hideous!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't it be funny if the gal who bought this forgot here wallet and couldn't buy anything?

PrecisionGem

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Do women dress for other women, or for men, cause as a man, no man would notice the 6.8 million pound bra, we would look right past it in this case.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
PrecisionGem|1298508415|2858184 said:
Do women dress for other women, or for men, cause as a man, no man would notice the 6.8 million pound bra, we would look right past it in this case.

And by past you mean through.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrecisionGem|1298508415|2858184 said:

Come on Gene, don't you want to get a closer look so that you can check out if they're precision faceted? :twisted:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
with all that cold metal they must be pointy and at least 9 on mohs scale

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello All

I think some of those stones need to be louped :wink2:

Just to make sure they are not synthetic... LOL Thanks for lightening things up :appl: Still laughing at some of the comments :)

Most respectfully;

Dana

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bet some men are hoping for massive windows on the gems on that bra....

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
They look flux filled to me

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene,
You keep coming back to this thread. I'm beginning to think you really want that handbag to go with your outfit. :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrecisionGem|1298579261|2858658 said:
I think they have a high crown, dome type cut, with a buff top.

I have a feeling I may have released a monster! Have you got any work done today Gene or have you been staring at the pictures (all in the name of research you understand)? :naughty: :wink2: :lol:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why hasn't DF found this thread yet...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to say that it is a complete waste of diamonds to me although the gemstone bikini is somewhat sexy. Then again, with Heidi modeling it, who’s looking at the bikini!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1298641452|2859194 said:
I am sorry to say that it is a complete waste of diamonds to me although the gemstone bikini is somewhat sexy. Then again, with Heidi modeling it, who’s looking at the bikini!

Errrrr, me actually! However, all I can think about is the chaffing! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results