color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

Acinom|1459551490|4014350 said:
Lovinggems|1459550691|4014345 said:
My marquise lotus ring from Yvonne in 14k white gold, the outer melees are Hauynes and Paraibas.

This is crazy!!! What a beautiful ring. And such a rich look with the Paraiba center and Hauynes and Paraiba melee. Simply stunning.
Are you thrilled with the outcome?

Acinom yes I love the photo, the melees accented the dainty centre stone every well. The design is so pretty this is thanks to Yvonne's creative thinking. I would love to see different colour versions of this ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Dear lilysweet and Sungura that you for your kind words, I will post more live pictures one I receive it. Also very happy this ring made it to the under $1250 thread. :bigsmile:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovinggems - love your ring...my first ring with Yvonne was hauynes with a paraiba. I love the combination so much that I have to talk myself out of doing another...so I am living the possibilities through yours. I especially love how you were able to get a larger look from a tiny marquis!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

lilmosun|1459567846|4014430 said:
Lovinggems - love your ring...my first ring with Yvonne was hauynes with a paraiba. I love the combination so much that I have to talk myself out of doing another...so I am living the possibilities through yours. I especially love how you were able to get a larger look from a tiny marquis!

Thank you lilmosun and I love your first ring. Also I can't wait to see your new paraiba ring with pink spinels and paraiba melees.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

My marquise lotus ring from Yvonne in 14k white gold, the outer melees are Hauynes and Paraibas.

This is gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE this ring! The colors are beautiful, so perfect for the spring/summer season! Love everything about this piece! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovinggems, your new ring turned out so pretty. I hope you start a thread on it...with a lot more pictures. :love:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Here's a family pic of paraiba-colored gems...it's hard to get all of them to look good in one photo. I think the Yvonne jewelry is a bit brighter IRL, and the center oval not as dark.

I really like what you did with your Paraiba marquis, Lovinggems, and sort of wish I had put more stones around my marquis in the necklace. It's cute but very small without colored melee. The little diamonds don't stand out that much. Good lesson in how to use (or not use) small stones.

In this pic, the actual Paraiba are the gems set (all by Yvonne), and the little rectangle pair. The far right two and center oval are tourmaline, but not Paraiba. The left box is actually holding beryl! I just stuck them in for fun ;-) Sea foam beryl from Brazil.

img_11313.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Thank you siamersaroo, junebug, Elle and DesertRose for your kind words.
DesertRose I love your set, do you wear it often? I am wishing for another little paraiba so I can use rose gold, but that will have to wait!
Sea foam colour is deliciously serene, green is a colour I don't mind in lighter hues, actually a seafoam tourmaline is on my wish list.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning family pic Desertrose :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

skoons6694

Rough_Rock

Just a few. I have a lot more copper bearing stones that are pink and green than I do blue, unfortunately. However, they are all nice to look at. Tourmaline is by far my favorite stone. I probably have around 500 carats (maybe more; I've never really totaled them up) total of copper bearing tourmaline.

_36925.jpg

6x9_11_.jpg

p1120476.jpg

p1120438.jpg

skoons6694

Rough_Rock

Here is a nice 1.44ct pink copper bearing tourmaline with a white zircon accent set in sterling silver.

_36926.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

My wedding set. A garnet with a paraiba band.
paraiba_band.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

More photos coming later.. I don't even have this ring in hand yet (it's still with Yvonne) but I just HAD to share my excitement!!!! I know you will forgive me, right?? :lol:

il_570xn_186.jpg il_570xn_185.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1461206676|4021930 said:
More photos coming later.. I don't even have this ring in hand yet (it's still with Yvonne) but I just HAD to share my excitement!!!! I know you will forgive me, right?? :lol:

LOVE!!! :love: :love: :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

STUNNING Mochiko! Just WOW! Love everything about it. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely stunning Mochiko!!! I knew that your ring would look gorgeous and it does. :love: :love:
Looking forward to admire your pics. When will you receive this beauty?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rfisher just posted her new Paraiba pendant in the 'vendor & own pics' thread. Paraiba by Paraiba International.
Congrats Rfisher and enjoy wearing this beauty!!!

_3231.jpeg

_3232.jpeg

_3233.jpeg

_3234.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1461270433|4022166 said:
Rfisher just posted her new Paraiba pendant in the 'vendor & own pics' thread. Paraiba by Paraiba International.
Congrats Rfisher and enjoy wearing this beauty!!!
Thanks, Acinom, for including this in your thread.
It's quite simple and nowhere near as nice as these posted, but I love it.
18k chain and setting was sourced from Adam @ PI as well. He's very nice and easy to work with.
Finished piece is not exactly as I envisioned due to some miscommunication, I guess, but it still is nice. Chain is a bit short and am wearing it double looped for security.
Here's a pic of incandescent lighting as well.....looks very different

_3264.jpeg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh this thread :love: you lucky lucky lucky ladies!!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Saying again! wow! perfection... :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rfisher: thanks for sharing the additional pic! It's such a beautiful stone and necklace design! How did you envision it originally? It's a very elegant design amd it looks beautiful on you. I knew that Adam designs jewelry as well, but I have only bought a stone from him. What does his design process look like?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Love all the new additions, thanks for sharing everyone!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1461394157|4022684 said:
Rfisher: thanks for sharing the additional pic! It's such a beautiful stone and necklace design! How did you envision it originally? It's a very elegant design amd it looks beautiful on you. I knew that Adam designs jewelry as well, but I have only bought a stone from him. What does his design process look like?

Oh- I hope I didn't mislead you! It wasn't really custom that involved drawings/CADs. I sent him an inspiration pic that's all over Google images, and stated I wanted a thinner more delicate "0". I also was questioning bezel /prongs, and was advised it would be like a hybrid with both. I was leaning towards the bezel, but I was ok with bezel plus prongs for durability. He brought up that the back of the pendant would be solid, but I'm really glad it is not. I feel it would really look like it came from a gumball machine.
I received it with the heavy duty "0", but it doesn't detract from the stone too much as I was worried so I'm ok with it. It also has no hint of a bezel, just long prongs that are not really even. That's probably due to the stone, I don't know. I'm also afraid if I get it elongated to 17" chain length instead of 17 total length, it will flip without weight of the bezel to hold it.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm debating on whether or not to have it re-worked.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

skoons6694|1459695306|4014881 said:
Just a few. I have a lot more copper bearing stones that are pink and green than I do blue, unfortunately. However, they are all nice to look at. Tourmaline is by far my favorite stone. I probably have around 500 carats (maybe more; I've never really totaled them up) total of copper bearing tourmaline.

Love that emerald cut one! Beautiful!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

mochiko42|1461206676|4021930 said:

I LOVE your ring!!!! It turned out beautifully. I'm also having a camellia ring made with my paraiba cab. I'd love to hear from you when you receive it if you think the outer row of tiny gems show up enough- I've been debating about mine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results