carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline threa

THanks Acinom for doing so much work on this thread!

I just ordered a new stone, what do you think?

Its off ebay so who knows...they do have a 14 day return policy. It's about 8x10!

_36110.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you apacherose and desertrose :wavey:
I enjoy filling this thread with glowing eye candy.

Vesper: so glad you posted your beautiful set! So inspiring, vintage and individual :love: Please feel free to post more pics.

desertrose: ooh! I like!!! I love the green turquoise tourmalines. But first of all: I am not a stone expert in any form. I am still learning myself. Hopefully the experts chime in soon. Based on this one single photo I love love love the color. Whether it has The Glow you will have to find out when you receive it and see it with your own eyes.
Not sure about the cut but who cares with such an amazing color. Not sure whether I see a tiny window.
Have you received more pics from the vendor. I hope it will be as beautiful in real life and it's great that the vendor has a good return policy. It's a rather big stone and if the color is great, I would opt for it personally even if it has no glow. The price should be right though and there should be no issues with inclusions.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much! Here it is again with my 18ct paraiba necklace. It is not clear, but I still love it. When I was having my wedding band made I knew I wanted a green of sorts to go with my garnet. I was searching the internet and found paraibas and knew I was in love.
paraiba_necklace.jpg
unnamed__14_.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for sharing more pics of your ring and set Vesper. You have made some great choices.
Your pendant is a stunning piece as well!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko's shopping bag from Yvonne. Look at that color combo!

And what kind of oval did elle 71125 pick up from Yvonne?

_1897.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a pic of the paraiba I picked up, from Yvonne. I can't wait to see it in person.
Size: 6.2 x 4.8 x 3.4mm / .64ct

image_4239.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125|1454856394|3988025 said:
Here's a pic of the paraiba I picked up, from Yvonne. I can't wait to see it in person.
Size: 6.2 x 4.8 x 3.4mm / .64ct

image_4239.jpg

This looks gorgeous elle 71125 :love: It glows like the Caribbean sea. Looking forward to hear what you think when you have received it.

Great new Paraiba/cuprian additions Mochiko & elle 71125 :wavey:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

That's a great one elle!

Here's Yvonne's pic of 3 paraibas she was selling last week. I got the marquis on the far right.

Planning to set it in her Fan necklace with paraiba melee. Thinking about rose gold...I prefer yellow or rose to white usually with my skin color. I got enough melee to make the 3 Petal Earrings to match. All small stones, but what my budget could handle. I have bought a lot of other stuff during this sale too! :shhh: Don't tell my hubbie!

il_257.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Desertrose|1454961667|3988459 said:
That's a great one elle!

Here's Yvonne's pic of 3 paraibas she was selling last week. I got the marquis on the far right.

Planning to set it in her Fan necklace with paraiba melee. Thinking about rose gold...I prefer yellow or rose to white usually with my skin color. I got enough melee to make the 3 Petal Earrings to match. All small stones, but what my budget could handle. I have bought a lot of other stuff during this sale too! :shhh: Don't tell my hubbie!

Thanks Desertrose. :wavey:
I just got mine in the mail today and it is small but glows so much...love it. :love:

I vote rose gold for the necklace. I think they would go well together.

I bought way too much too. It's just such a great sale. How could we be expected to resist? :D

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

elle_71125|1454964278|3988483 said:
That's a great one elle!

I just got mine in the mail today and it is small but glows so much...love it. :love:

I bought way too much too. It's just such a great sale. How could we be expected to resist? :D

IKR!!! Gems are the one area in my life where I need supervision lol! Thanks for the vote for rose gold. I'm planning a "modular" suite with different components that can go with each other...pink spinel, aqua paraiba and apatite, green tourmaline and maybe emerald...all in rose gold. Did you see the beaded/chain necklace she had for sale? Based on those colors. I'll attach a pic.

il_258.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Desertrose|1454965758|3988498 said:
elle_71125|1454964278|3988483 said:
That's a great one elle!

IKR!!! Gems are the one area in my life where I need supervision lol! Thanks for the vote for rose gold. I'm planning a "modular" suite with different components that can go with each other...pink spinel, aqua paraiba and apatite, green tourmaline and maybe emerald...all in rose gold. Did you see the beaded/chain necklace she had for sale? Based on those colors. I'll attach a pic.

That sounds like a great idea. I like the color blend in the pic so you're on the right track. ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a great one elle!

Gorgeous Paraiba Desertrose!!! What a great choice. I can see why you could not resist this stone. Rose gold would look amazing with your stone and I love the colour inspiration you posted.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

eos512|1455014944|3988712 said:
I have to say I am so jealous of my friend's collection!!!!!

Who wouldn't be. They are stunning. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

eos512 said:

eos, it's now officially your job to talk your friend into joining PS so we can learn more about their stunning collection! :love: <semi-kidding> :lol: :naughty:

*sigh* This thread feels like home. :D I absolutely love it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whaaaaaaaat???? :love: :love: :love:
Absolutely stunning...

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats on new glowy paraibas mochiko, Elle and desert rose

desertrose have you considered the horizontal fan ring instead of the pendant? This way you can look at the stone all the time on your hand? Though I do see the logic of the petal version of the marquis pendant which will coordinate with the three petal earrings. You can't go wrong either way!!!

eos512

Shiny_Rock

elle_71125|1455015225|3988714 said:

and pricy also. Actually very pricy. I was told that the biggest one( weighed 24ct) is bought at 8000$/ct. So a fair guess for this hand of paraiba would be half a million. My jaw has already dropped.

eos512

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1455022404|3988733 said:
eos512 said:

eos, it's now officially your job to talk your friend into joining PS so we can learn more about their stunning collection! :love: <semi-kidding> :lol: :naughty:

*sigh* This thread feels like home. :D I absolutely love it.
So sad she does not speak English

S

SparkliesLuver

eos512 said:

Aw. Well. At least we can enjoy this picture! Feel free to post again if she ever takes more. ;-)

eos512

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1455029069|3988768 said:
eos512 said:

Aw. Well. At least we can enjoy this picture! Feel free to post again if she ever takes more. ;-)
I am gonna ask more pictures from her. Hope I can get some pictures of any set paraiba

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

eos512|1455028824|3988765 said:

and pricy also. Actually very pricy. I was told that the biggest one( weighed 24ct) is bought at 8000$/ct. So a fair guess for this hand of paraiba would be half a million. My jaw has already dropped.

I responded to this but then PS was down for me so I think it got deleted. I ADORE these pics from your friend! Wow! I hope I can someday own a tiny piece of paraiba exactly like them! :love:

eos512

Shiny_Rock

lovedogs|1455030939|3988780 said:
eos512|1455028824|3988765 said:

I responded to this but then PS was down for me so I think it got deleted. I ADORE these pics from your friend! Wow! I hope I can someday own a tiny piece of paraiba exactly like them! :love:
Same here. I wish I can get a 2ct paraiba of same color, saturation and clarity. I don't mind whether it is an African or heated one as long as the color matches these. But even for small size like 2ct it would easily cost more than 4k. Well have to save money starting now

S

SparkliesLuver

eos512 said:
Same here. I wish I can get a 2ct paraiba of same color, saturation and clarity. I don't mind whether it is an African or heated one as long as the color matches these. But even for small size like 2ct it would easily cost more than 4k. Well have to save money starting now

I know how you feel, eos. I've been talking with a big German dealer, but his stuff is above my reach at the moment. He made me a deal on one but I just couldn't do it. Yes, they're all above 4k, especially when you're talking 2ct+ and clean. Saving money is the name of the paraiba game! ;-)

eos512

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1455032637|3988797 said:
eos512 said:

I know how you feel, eos. I've been talking with a big German dealer, but his stuff is above my reach at the moment. He made me a deal on one but I just couldn't do it. Yes, they're all above 4k, especially when you're talking 2ct+ and clean. Saving money is the name of the paraiba game! ;-)
Actually I am saving money for paraiba for years. But along the way I just couldn't resist buying other "cheaper" gems. I must confess my radar is onto everything as long as it has a lovely color. So I ended up with a box of a variety of gems (but no paraiba!) and big hole in the budget for paraiba :wall:

eos512

Shiny_Rock

eos512 said:

And now my radar is onto this blue tourmaline rough from Namibia. Maybe it will end up as the best alternative.

_1935.jpeg

_1936.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

eos512 said:

Any way I can get info on this dealer? I'm saving my pennies with the hope that I can buy a nice piece soon.

eos512

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1455034909|3988832 said:
Ooooooo. That rough! Looks like it might cut a nice cab. Do you know anything about it?

Sure. His name is Jochen Leen. I initially found him through IG but he also has a website.

https://www.instagram.com/jochenleen/
http://www.jochenleen.net/
well it should do more than that. it is an eye clean stuff. And it is about 2g, so it should yield about 4ct for the final product. Actually I got to choose from a whole parcel.

_1937.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, okay. My apologies!

Wow! I'd loooooove to get more info, if you wouldn't mind (as I'd be interested).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results