shape
carat
color
clarity

The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmaline!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmal

Acinom|1418752569|3802338 said:
SparkliesLuver|1418733951|3802195 said:
Hi, ladies. :wavey:

ricezo, any updates? Can't wait to hear what your jeweler said!

Acinom, I'm glad Victor's idea has grown on you. :) How fun!

A tiny update about my stone: I've decided to go with David Klass, and I just emailed him to get started on drawings. I was able to put aside enough money for the setting despite all our holiday shopping. I'm super excited!

Good to see your update Sparklieslover! I saw in the other thread that you have chosen the yummy design with the twisted shank :love: I also love the surprise stones in the gallery.

I am so looking forward to see yours.
So you have chosen white metal as well! Victor stated that the green will be gorgeous in combination with yellow gold. I considered it briefly but white and red metals look better with my skintone. My ring will be made in platinum and I will have double claws as well: Victor advised these as it will flow better with this design compared to tabbed prongs.

I read that you kept coming back to the Trueste until you chose the twisted setting. So did I 8-). And I was also worrying that it could be too plain. The design I have now chosen will have accents on the shank and a frenchie in the gallery for eye candy.

I usually favour white gold too but I absolutely love the look of your tourm against the yellow gold! Thanks for posting, that gives me a better idea of how mine would look. Decisions decisions!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds good Ricezo! Yet another different gorgeous design for one of Gene's stones!!! I love the idea of warmth against your green :love: All our designs will be unique and fabulous.

Here's some eye candy for you: DandT's former ring. I think Victor's is so right when he says that green and yellow gold look fabulous together. He says that a lot of emeralds were set in yellow to emphasize the color. Diamonds in the shank will be lovely and gives some additional oomph.
When will your jeweller get back to you with ideas?

Sparklies: David works quite fast so I now put my bets on you to be the first 8-)

_25276.jpg

_25277.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Wow that's beautiful! Thankyou for sharing :love:

He said this week so I should have a better idea by the weekend! I think I'll pop on Saturday to run through the different options, can't wait!

S

SparkliesLuver

ricezo said:
SparkliesLuver - I love the twisted shank! This is definitely a design I'd like to have one day - the twist is a beautiful design feature, makes the ring more interesting yet still delicate. It's going to look amazing.

I think my ring is going to pale in comparison to both of yours! I am pretty decided on a simple design (solitaire set with claws or double claws) but I'm still tossing up between white or yellow gold and whether to have diamonds in the shank. I'm seeing my jeweller later this week so will update you then!

Thank you so much, ricezo. :) I appreciate your kind words.
haha I highly doubt that! Simple designs are always gorgeous, too. Can't wait for you to report back. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a question for you ladies! My ring will have cuffs like the Grymera design by Victor. I have chosen a bezeled frenchie in the gallery for eyecandy. I was also tempted to have some pave on the upper cup and donut to connect with the pave on the shank. Victor says that both options will work. What would you recommend?

_25290.jpg

_25291.jpg

_25292.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Love the design, Acinom! :D

Hm. I'm not sure I'd want a bezeled frenchie with pave on the upper cup and donut. I think I'd choose one or the other, especially with the cuffs. But wait, will the cuffs have pave, like in the picture? That might help determine things.

ETA: I re-read your post. Sorry, I was too excited the first time around. hehe Yes, you said there will be pave on the shank. I vote this way:

1. Bezeled frenchie, no pave on the upper cup and donut
OR
2. Pave on the upper cup and donut, no bezeled frenchie

I feel like doing A, B, and C might be a bit too much...if there is such a thing. ;-) It's all up to you though as there is no wrong answer!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Sparklies!! Rereading my post and realise that it was not clear at all. I indeed meant either a or b. I have chosen a bezeled frenchie like below (option a) but also considered leaving the frenchie out and do pave instead (option b).

The cuffs will have pave indeed for some width and oomph as my stone is so elongated. So, quite a difference from the Trueste :lol:

_25293.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

haha It is indeed different but it's a great different. :D

I guess the question is, do you want to add more bling with pave or keep it simple with the frenchie?

Here goes my personal train of thought:
I don't know if I love the frenchie with the curves of the cuffs. It seems like two different styles, in my personal opinion. So I'd rather do the pave on the upper cup and donut to match the pave on the cuffs, if that makes sense.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for sharing your line of thought Sparklies!!! This is really helpful.
The vision I had for this ring was to keep it as basic and simple as possible. Like the Trueste :lol: With clean and simple lines. This would favour the frenchie (or nothing at all in the gallery). Pave in the gallery would connect more with the cuffs.
My heart still says frenchie as it is such a small detail. And Victor would have given me his silent treatment if the combination would be completely off and ridiculous.
Oh my... The difficulty is that both options would be lovely.

You seem so sure and confident about your design choices which is great after your long quest for the stone :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

If your heart says frenchie then I'd definitely make sure that's in there. Adding both would not be completely off or ridiculous - didn't mean to imply that! That's just a little of my OCD coming through with the "it'd seem like two different styles" comment. :loopy:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is exactly what I highly appreciate on PS: sharing knowledge, opinions, visions... I value your opinion very highly as I love your taste 8-)

I share your line of thought. For now however the bezelled frenchie is calling me :lol:

Are your design choices 'final' at this point?

S

SparkliesLuver

Same here! Aw, thank you, Acinom. :) That goes both ways.

haha That's perfectly fine! :D

I believe so, yes, unless David comes back with suggestions I haven't thought about.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1418843684|3803084 said:
Same here! Aw, thank you, Acinom. :) That goes both ways.

haha That's perfectly fine! :D

I believe so, yes, unless David comes back with suggestions I haven't thought about.

That's a great feeling isn't it!! I have considered a lot of beautiful settings for my stone but none if these were a 100% match. When you see the right setting you just know it right? Besides the frenchie vs pave dilemma I am 300% confident.
Weird question: what exactly is your avatar pic with the gorgeous blue-green colors and could you post a pic?

S

SparkliesLuver

Yes, it is! Same here. I'm glad you're so confident; very good! :D

:lol: It's actually a nail polish swatch from a vendor I frequent. :D Here's her blog (if I'm allowed to post this). It'll give you an idea and my avatar will make more sense. I plan to change my avatar to a picture of my ring when it's finished.

http://lynnderella-lynnderella.blogspot.com/

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are you kidding me!!! :D
I had put my bets on a 20th century abstract painting with bird view perspective of a rain forest 8-) . I love her nail polish swatches. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing

_25295.jpg

_25296.jpg

_25297.jpg

_25298.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Iove these yummy colors as well. Great eye candy and better for our wallets compared to colored stones :lol:
Too bad I do not have the nails for it at all, so I will pretend they are indeed Tate gallery or Saatchi gallery worthy abstract paintings :wavey:

_25299.jpg

_25300.jpg

_25301.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

I also really love the bezeled frenchie! I'm sure whatever you decide will be beautiful!

Haha I thought SparkliesLuver's avatar was a painting as well!

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: :oops: My "secret" is out. ;-) I love fun nail polish - it brings out the inner little girl. I don't get to wear it often but I love when I do. Plus, I love the inspiration. And, Acinom, you nailed it - it's great eye candy that's better for the wallet! haha :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo|1418768692|3802519 said:

He said this week so I should have a better idea by the weekend! I think I'll pop on Saturday to run through the different options, can't wait!

Any news Ricezo? Did you indeed visit your jeweller today. Any news?

Michelez

Shiny_Rock

The Grymera is one of my all time favorite designs!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1419090726|3804749 said:
ricezo|1418768692|3802519 said:

Any news Ricezo? Did you indeed visit your jeweller today. Any news?

Hi Acinom! Yes I am pretty much set on YG. I agonised over the gold for ages but I think I have made my mind up. Your pictures really helped so thank you!

My jeweller showed me some different settings and also a picture of a cathedral solitaire setting with double prongs. This is my favourite and I love the look but want to make sure that it is delicate enough - so hard to tell from a photo and without your stone in it! He has one ready made that he can bring in to show me. I'm hoping this will be it! Maybe with a couple of small tweaks. I probably won't have an update for you until the NY though as my jeweller is going on holidays.

Any updates on your ring??

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparklies: well, who says nail polish isn't art 8-)

Michelez: me too! My ring will be different though. It will have the tri-wire shank and the cuffs like the Grymera but the top will be different. One of the wires will form the cathedral while the other two join a regular donut. I hope it will look great.

Ricezo: yay! I am so glad you chose the yellow gold. It will be a stunning combination. Does the solitaire you like best have diamonds in the shank or not? Either way it will be stunning. I hope for you it will look as good in real life as on the photo.
I think it's great that - while our stones have the same origin and similar color, the three of us made such different and individual choices. I already enjoy to see our three designs come to life. And yes... the holidays are here so the jewellery business will be slow.
Happy waiting :wavey:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

I am thinking no diamonds at this stage! I'm not a super blingy person (I don't own a single halo'd piece lol) and I love my tourm so much and it's so much bigger than I expected that I'm leaning towards something simple. However I may change my mind once I see the setting! Will keep you posted!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My lifestyle does not suit delicate, intricate and blingy settings, hence I too prefer simpler settings with a plain shank, so that I can wear my rings more often than having to wait until I have a formal event once in a blue moon!

Can't wait to see the settings you ladies have decided for your green Tourmalines.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparklieslover and Ricezo: how are your projects progressing?
Got some great news from my jeweller yesterday :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Sparklieslover and Ricezo: how are your projects progressing?
Got some great news from my jeweller yesterday :naughty:

Hi, Acinom. :wavey: It's funny you ask that because just yesterday David and I got back in touch (after the holidays). He said he's going to work on some drawings. Can't wait to see them.

Ahhh, you can't leave us hanging! What'd Victor say?

Michelez

Shiny_Rock

I saw your ring on VC's website!!!!! OMG beautiful! I have a ring very similar but with a round stone - that is one of my favorite all time ring designs. I've not posted pictures because it's moissy.

Michelez

Shiny_Rock

I can't WAIT to see the gallery. I've always wondered what the ring would look like with a square stone.

S

SparkliesLuver

Michelez said:
I saw your ring on VC's website!!!!! OMG beautiful! I have a ring very similar but with a round stone - that is one of my favorite all time ring designs. I've not posted pictures because it's moissy.

What?! Post the link, please! Just checked his site and didn't see it. His site design changed, too. Ahhhhhh...going crazy over here! :lol:

Michelez

Shiny_Rock

It wasn't done by VC. Schubachs did the ring. I contacted VC about it but after the first email he was unresponsive so I moved on to a more responsive vendor. He basically told me that if he didn't source the diamond for the ring, he wouldn't make the ring. That sorta ended that conversation lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results