shape
carat
color
clarity

The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmaline!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmal

DK :lol: You travel fast!!! A quote already while the stone is actually still warm from cutting. What setting do you have in mind for the period that Piggy has fattened up?

I am gearing towards a very simple setting but I do want to spice up the gallery with a bezeled frenchie or filigree. What do you think?

_24873.jpg

Truthstar

Rough_Rock

I wanted to know your price per ct lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1417457284|3793324 said:
liao|1417453749|3793296 said:
tourmaline is not my cup of tea, but it is gorgeous :love: :love:
if I may ask, how much does it cost?
Thank you for your kind words Liao!!
The price will approximately be between 450 $ and 650 $ per carat for the larger stones.

Truthstar,
The answer is back on Page 3.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And an example of the filigree

_24875.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1417721405|3795228 said:
Acinom|1417457284|3793324 said:
liao|1417453749|3793296 said:
tourmaline is not my cup of tea, but it is gorgeous :love: :love:
if I may ask, how much does it cost?
Thank you for your kind words Liao!!
The price will approximately be between 450 $ and 650 $ per carat for the larger stones.

Truthstar,
The answer is back on Page 3.

Indeed 8-). Think 450$ for stones in this size.
Are you considering one Truthstar :naughty:

Truthstar

Rough_Rock

Ok thanks. These are the prices Im encountering also but I haven't checked out retail store pricing/quality yet.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Thank you for posting that ring Sparklieslover and also for looking closely at the inspiration ring :wavey:. The inspiration ring indeed has milgrain on the border of the sidestone, so I can imagine it's also there throughout the shank where you indicated it. I will have a closer look at my PC screen: I normally browsing PS on my smartphone. I wonder whether the Tourmaline ring actually needs milgrain? What do you think?

Sure thing. Ah, okay, sorry. :oops: I too was looking at it on my smartphone at the time. I don't think it needs milgrain, especially if you're doing grooves and adding a special something to the gallery. Just depends how much "interest" you want to have...and how wide the shank will be, I think. Personal preference for the gallery is a bezeled frenchie, providing it works well with the proportions of your stone. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy searching Truthstar!

Thank you Sparklie!!! I hope you do a much better job in decision making than I do :lol:
But thanks to you and the others I feel I am almost there!!
- platinum setting
- tab prongs
- a tapered shank with grooves throughout
- milgrain or no milgrain to be decided :twisted:
- bezeled frenchie in the gallery

S

SparkliesLuver

I wish I could say I do, Acinom, but I don't. :lol: DK even knows that - she called it when I posted my setting thread. ;-)

Your list sounds wonderful! :D

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1417724972|3795279 said:
Happy searching Truthstar!

Thank you Sparklie!!! I hope you do a much better job in decision making than I do :lol:
But thanks to you and the others I feel I am almost there!!
- platinum setting
- tab prongs
- a tapered shank with grooves throughout
- milgrain or no milgrain to be decided :twisted:
- bezeled frenchie in the gallery

Ohh bezeled frenchie in the gallery! What a nice touch! Is your ETA still March/May Acinom? I want to see it now!! :cheeky:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Late to the party, but what a GORGEOUS stone!

I love Gene's work, he's awesome.

Truthstar

Rough_Rock

I picked one up already, other thread, but the more the merrier.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom,

Re: gallery, I have no clue as my personal preference is for low profile rings. The only one I can think of that I like is the Tiffany's Legacy ring, and I guess is similar to the one you posted.

I shall post the ring setting(s) I have in mind for the round pink Spinel in my Rubellite thread later.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My stone arrived in LA!! Hopefully Victor can snap some iPhone pics in natural daylight when it's morning in LA :love: According to Victor the stone is quite impressive :D

Sparklieslover: well, I am not so sure about DK's prediction skills :twisted: . A few hours after she banned herself she bought an amazing spinel from Jeff!! And we will all help you to find the perfect setting for your stone within 18 pages!!!

Ricezo: thank you!!! I love frenchies! I coukd slap engraving and frenchies on every stone :lol:

ILander: I am impressed about Gene's work as well. Thank you for dropping by and for your kind words.

Truthstar: oh yes indeed! You have the giant elongatedTourmaline and a minty Tourmaline as well? I love your newest addition and I am looking forward to see how you will set it

DK: currently I am gearing towards the bezeled frenchie as it has a clean and simple look. I have seen your settings in your thread :love: I love love love the first flower setting you posted. Will drop by later to comment!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just received the photo's from Victor. I am so looking forward to see this stone on my hand!!!

_24913.jpg

_24914.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

I don't know how you do it, Acinom. I don't know how you "let" others see your stone before you do! It'd drive me nuts. ;-) :lol: Looks gorgeous. That makes both of us then! :naughty:

lumpsy

Rough_Rock

Acinom - I'm very excited to see the finished ring. Thanks to your thread, I have reached out to Gene about getting a tourmaline stone. (Though I feel like I'm over my head in this endeavor since I'm very new to colored stones). Thank you for sharing!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1417806158|3795873 said:
I don't know how you do it, Acinom. I don't know how you "let" others see your stone before you do! It'd drive me nuts. ;-) :lol: Looks gorgeous. That makes both of us then! :naughty:

Whahaha, I would actually not recommend this to anyone. :lol: . Up until now I have been very lucky and the stones proved to be pretty amazing. Somehow, I do not have any doubts about this one.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lumpsy|1417819467|3796058 said:
Acinom - I'm very excited to see the finished ring. Thanks to your thread, I have reached out to Gene about getting a tourmaline stone. (Though I feel like I'm over my head in this endeavor since I'm very new to colored stones). Thank you for sharing!

Yay!!! How exciting for you Lumpsy! I hope you will find your dreamstone. And if you have any doubts or questions you can always post them here and the more experienced colored stones PSers will help you. What size stone are you looking for?
And... Are you already in contact with Gene (since he is in Gwrmsny currently). I am so excited for you.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

Been away from PS for a bit so just caught this thread!

What a beautiful tourmaline! It's going to make a stunning ring, can't wait to see it! It'll be a worthy addition to your inspiring collection. Can we have a jewelry play date sometime? LOL!! :lol:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Acinom! My tourm finally arrived today and I just had to share it with you! :mrgreen:

_25058.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

Ricezo that is beautiful and will look stunning in the 4th example ring you posted on the 1st page.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo|1418172488|3798568 said:
Hi Acinom! My tourm finally arrived today and I just had to share it with you! :mrgreen:

Yay!!! I am so glad that your stone has arrived. It has such a great color and size. You have such a great eye for beautiful stones. Are you thrilled with your tourmaline Ricezo? Any ideas on how you will set it?

Thanks for sharing and please post the other pics that you made as well :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sparkleismyfavcolor|1417983261|3797321 said:
Been away from PS for a bit so just caught this thread!

What a beautiful tourmaline! It's going to make a stunning ring, can't wait to see it! It'll be a worthy addition to your inspiring collection. Can we have a jewelry play date sometime? LOL!! :lol:

Aww, thank you for your kind words!! Currently I am a bit confused on how I will set it, so I will take my time.
It would be great to have a play date :lol:
Are those yummy stones in your avatar yours?

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Yay!!! I am so glad that your stone has arrived. It has such a great color and size. You have such a great eye for beautiful stones. Are you thrilled with your tourmaline Ricezo? Any ideas on how you will set it?

Thanks for sharing and please post the other pics that you made as well :naughty:

+1! +1! :naughty: :love: :)

lumpsy

Rough_Rock

Acinom|1417851796|3796315 said:
Yay!!! How exciting for you Lumpsy! I hope you will find your dreamstone. And if you have any doubts or questions you can always post them here and the more experienced colored stones PSers will help you. What size stone are you looking for?
And... Are you already in contact with Gene (since he is in Gwrmsny currently). I am so excited for you.

I'm looking for something in 8mm width, not quite sure what that would be for a tourmaline. (I wish it could be more!) I contacted Gene and he responded quite quickly. He let me know that he has to see what he has when he gets back.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lumpsy|1418233464|3798939 said:
Acinom|1417851796|3796315 said:

I'm looking for something in 8mm width, not quite sure what that would be for a tourmaline. (I wish it could be more!) I contacted Gene and he responded quite quickly. He let me know that he has to see what he has when he gets back.

Sounds good!! I hope you will find your dreamstone from Gene. I know he has two 3.3 ct rough pieces (one elongated, the other square). Not sure about the mm sizes but Gene will give you clarity about that when he gets back. Sounds good that he reacted so soon on your request. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My stone on Victor's hand. I am so curious to learn what the true color(s) look like 8-)

_25099.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A little line up to try to determine the true color

_25100.jpg

_25101.jpg

_25102.jpg

_25103.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks wordie acinom and sparkliesluver!! I absolutely love it! It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be so I think I'll opt for a simpler setting - maybe solitaire set with diamonds in the shank! Will post more pics once I decide to set. :mrgreen:

lumpsy please keep us posted on your hunt! Can't wait to see what you end up with! And if you do get a piece custom cut from Gene's rough please post lots and lots of photos and update us on the process. Excitement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results