shape
carat
color
clarity

The Gem Trader December drop

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't get anything, but noticed that the pink Liddicoatite tourmaline is strikingly similar to one that's been in his listed inventory for ages. Is it customary for TGT to "re-drop" items? Edit: Just realized the sizes are slightly different. Gah, wonder who got the old tourm he had listed. I've been looking at it for months....

The star ruby looks beautiful - anyone snap that one up?

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I narrowly missed out on the Mozambique tourmaline - if you got it, I hope you hate it. :naughty:

dec14mtourmi.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I see little similarity in the lidocaine tourmalines; they are different weights, proportions and saturations. I do think he may get two or three stones from the same find at the same time and release them one at a time, I would if it were me.

Nothing this month really grabbed me. I did get a violet lavender star sapphire a few months ago.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the Star Ruby was gorgeous but not in my budget whatsoever! The Blue Zircon pear also caught my eye - I thought it'd be a beautiful pendant - I hope a PSer bought it so I can see what they do with it.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1418700903|3802039 said:
I see little similarity in the lidocaine tourmalines; they are different weights, proportions and saturations. I do think he may get two or three stones from the same find at the same time and release them one at a time, I would if it were me.

Agree that they don't look alike!.... Though they DID based on my fuzzy memory and little phone screen. ;))

Ah, the spaced drops idea makes sense.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
marymm - I was looking at the blue zircon pear as well. A pretty good price, too!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
liao|1418701124|3802050 said:
Oh my... :shock: :shock:
I miss a fine serendibite :(sad

Small and little overpriced - and fine????

I know they are rare but this is a bit to much.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Serendibite is extremely rare if transparent with a blue or bluegreen color.

You get a lot of large ( several ct) cheap black serendibite from Burma ( they are tranzluzent bluishgreen with a strong light source)

My Sri Lanka vendor offered 3 small Sri Lanka stones ( same weight range) for around 1000 EUR per piece - they look like small sapphirine
( difficult to seperate - one always has a lower RI than 1,70 - will edit this course otherwise I have to post it again - IPAD victim)

Here a link...

http://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/spring-2002-serendibite-sri-lanka-schmetzer

sapphirine is always above RI 1,70

I will post a pic of Cr/V Zoisite later - green and teal- bluegreen - same color.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The drop included two of my favourite things: pink fire quartz and Munsteiner. Alas, my wallet is in no shape for buying...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried signing up to receive their newsletter and was unsuccessful. :((

Shall try again later at home.

However, I have signed up to receive their eBay newsletter. :))

Just saw the star Ruby, and it is GORGEOUS!!! :love:

DK :))

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1418728607|3802179 said:
Serendibite is extremely rare if transparent with a blue or bluegreen color.

You get a lot of large ( several ct) cheap black serendibite from Burma ( they are tranzluzent bluishgreen with a strong light source)

My Sri Lanka vendor offered 3 small Sri Lanka stones ( same weight range) for around 1000 EUR per piece - they look like small sapphirine
( difficult to seperate - one always has a lower RI than 1,70 - will edit this course otherwise I have to post it again - IPAD victim)

Here a link...

http://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/spring-2002-serendibite-sri-lanka-schmetzer

sapphirine is always above RI 1,70

I will post a pic of Cr/V Zoisite later - green and teal- bluegreen - same color.

wow! 3 stone? mind sharing the name of the vendor?

I need serendibite to complete my rare gem collection. I have been searching for a fine serendibite for years :knockout: One of my vendor who can easily locate a fine painite and grandidierite cannot find me a nice serendibite

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Was five years ago...l

No problem - I talk to him, buy it and offer it on LT ( I need a new car....)

ONLY A JOKE - NOT TRADING!!!!!!!!

Do you have Bromelite?

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1418754845|3802361 said:
Was five years ago...l

No problem - I talk to him, buy it and offer it on LT ( I need a new car....)

ONLY A JOKE - NOT TRADING!!!!!!!!

Do you have Bromelite?

yeah, but mine is colorless. serendibite is literally the last rare gem absent from my collection. The other one will be cat's eye sapphire :(sad

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1418791054|3802788 said:
Wow - you have Bromelite??? Which size??? And orign???

it is only 0.59ct with one tiny inclusion. Actually, I got it extremely cheap from a street seller in ceylon. he sold it as white sapphire, but I knew it is actually something else. that one only cost me <$50 :naughty: So, I send it to GIA and Gubelin, and they identify it as bromelite. I am not sure about the origin, but I think it should be ceylon?

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
That would be the second natural bromelite ( gem quality and faceted) in the world - the other one is a large crystal cut into 15-19 gems.

Do you have any evidence? Course this would be a sensation and GIA would publish a short note in G&G!

Copy of the report?? Otherwise - sorry - I doubt that it is true...

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?blobcol=gfile&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadername2=MDT-Type&blobheadername3=Content-Type&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DGG-Lab-Notes&blobheadervalue2=abinary%3B+charset%3DUTF-8&blobheadervalue3=application%2Funknown&blobkey=id&blobtable=GIA_DocumentFile&blobwhere=1355958214387&ssbinary=true

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1418798241|3802831 said:
That would be the second natural bromelite ( gem quality and faceted) in the world - the other one is a large crystal cut into 15-19 gems.

Do you have any evidence? Course this would be a sensation and GIA would publish a short note in G&G!

Copy of the report?? Otherwise - sorry - I doubt that it is true...

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?blobcol=gfile&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadername2=MDT-Type&blobheadername3=Content-Type&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DGG-Lab-Notes&blobheadervalue2=abinary%3B+charset%3DUTF-8&blobheadervalue3=application%2Funknown&blobkey=id&blobtable=GIA_DocumentFile&blobwhere=1355958214387&ssbinary=true

ups. rly? I will check the cert. However, If I remembered correctly, it did say bromellite. :angel:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, please check it....

If you still fear to publish the report here you can send a copy on another forum (send a PM) - nobody will see it except me.

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow|1419018145|3804335 said:
Yes, please check it....

If you still fear to publish the report here you can send a copy on another forum (send a PM) - nobody will see it except me.

Um.... how should I say this... this is internet. there's a limit to trust someone on the internet. Sorry :(sad

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
No problem - this is exactly the answer I expected - honestly I don't believe that you have such an incredible collection.

Your alex looks like a CCG to me, the measurement of the box and the stone show me a smaller stone than the results you posted.

Of course you cannot post the reports course you don't have any.....

And a bromellite.... sorry - GIA would publish a note course all 17 cut gem are from one crystal so it would be the "second" one!!

That you find this in Sri Lanka buying from a street dealer - a tiny colorless half carat gem bought by a picky ( alexandrite) long time collector specialized in fine and incredible rare gems - doesn't make sence!!

Your "pink taafeite" cab - what is it - rhodonite, bad rhodochrosite???

I don't want to waste my time.

It is up to you to show the audience some evidence of your fantastic collection, your dissertation about ponzi scheme, reports of your stones. Show them and I will apologize and leave PS!

Otherwise please google "Münchhausen"!!

liao

Shiny_Rock
Marlow, u need to chill a little bit.

I will not post the gubelin cert because it is easier to replicate. You do not have to leave PS, Marlow. I will be the one who leave PS. As I said before, I cannot post the cert. This will leave a bad taste in my mouth. I will send that taaffeite to GRS. And it will be my last post. Happy Holiday guys :angel:

vividalexgrs.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I sent a copy of this topic to GRS.

We will see - I will post the answer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results