carat
color
clarity

The Appraisal Nightmare - Richard Sherwood Appraisal

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1308844677|2952953 said:
Please remember that personal insults will not be tolerated on PS. Your point can be made without the use of personal insults towards another poster.

You're right-- sorry about that.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
K9|1308752802|2951927 said:
jstarfireb|1308713642|2951684 said:
Arcadian|1308711799|2951659 said:
The stone (for those who are NOT aware) is more than just about 10 years of wedded bliss. Its about the fact that my husband and I nearly lost each other. in 2003 I had a recurrence of colon cancer. In 2006 he had a heart attack with 100% blockage on the right side of his heart. Each year together for us is a blessing because its something we almost didn't have.

Its more of the meaning behind it than the actual stone, but the fact that my husband picked out that stone means the world to me. Making sure that the ring was done by our anniversary was something both of us really looked forward to as we also will be recommitting ourselves to each other that day.

It's somehow fitting that a stone that represents survival through the trials of life has had its own tribulation to pass through. Congratulations on 10 years of love and life. Hopefully the appraisal will be in your hands soon, and you can move on with creating a beautiful piece to showcase your special stone!

If there were a "like" button, I'd be pressing it on this comment. Thoughtful and appropriate, jstarfireb. Nicely said. :appl:

Arc - glad to see you'll be getting the refund. I hope once things settle a bit you can still get your project done before your anniversary. *hugs* to you. :))

Thank you, K9 - that was really heartwarming to read!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to thank those who tried to help provide constructive solutions to this problem. As of today, I've not received anything from Richard. So its been my decision to go ahead and have the stone sent back to me and procure another appraisal.

All, I do hope that some of this serves as a lesson for everyone, it certainly has for me. I think even with trusted vendors( though you would hope it wouldn't be a nightmare) that things can and do go pretty horribly wrong. I for one hope that its not going to be an ongoing pattern as I've seen lately on this board. As a small business person myself (though in a different industry), I do not like the thought of putting someone's reputation in a bad light because I know what that could mean for myself. Nobody likes to look bad, and try to do the very best for any customer I work with. So I try to give as much leeway as possible.

I try to see the bright side of things,(not in this thread anyway) and I believe that things will work out one way or another. The setback is a big one for me but if the stars align right, I will have the ring finished by the end of this year and if not, well.... its not the worst thing to happen, right?

-A

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Hi, A. :wavey:

I am so very sorry that you are going through this. I didn't say anything before because I didn't know what to say that could help (I don't know this vendor from Adam). However, I hope, with all of my heart, that your phenomenal gem is returned to you, starting a new journey that unfolds exactly right (read: everything you DESERVE and dream of!!!)

Most sincerely ~
faegrace

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian, your refund is in the mail and your appraisal was emailed to you this evening.

Once again, my apologies. Sorry to have caused you so much stress.

Rich

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results