shape
carat
color
clarity

The Alistair Kelsey collection

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Alistair Kelsey collection. Unfortunately I cannot make good photo's with my iPhone as the weather is so bad, but thought I would share these anyway :roll:

_4540.jpeg

_4541.jpeg

_4542.jpeg

_4543.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My zircon ring with baguette sidestones by Alistair Kelsey. He used 18kt WG and RG for this ring.

_4544.jpeg

_4545.jpeg

_4546.jpeg

_4547.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My purple garnet ring by Alstair Kelsey. The rounded shoulders are a true masterpiece.

_4548.jpeg

_4549.jpeg

_4550.jpeg

_4551.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alistair Kelsey's Bionic design with Sunstone Iolite. I love how he played with matted and polished 18kt WG and RG.

_4552.jpeg

_4553.jpeg

_4554.jpeg

_4555.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1460641190|4019210 said:
I'm popping in to share this "rough sketch" for my blue topaz cut by Doug a few years ago. I sent a few photos of rings with features that I like to Alistair, and he came up with this! So easy! One day, I'll become a more modern girl, but for now, still feeling vintage-y.

Any other additions to this thread? Works in progress?

Acinom - I commented in your other thread, but I really love Radiance! Hand shots soon?

Loves Vintage!!! Is this beauty yours :appl:
It's a beautiful ring. Do you love it?

_4587.jpeg

_4588.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drooled over this one earlier today on FB, Acinom! I hope it's a PSers so we can see more amazing pics!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Acinom,

Thanks for posting! Yes, soon to be mine. Can't wait to see it.

Hi LovesDogs,

Thank you, and thanks for posting ideas in my other thread. My mind has wandered a bit, but I will make my way back there, and we'll see what I come up with! Fun stuff!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the estimated date of arrival for your beautiful ring Loves Vintage?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking, Acinom. It was shipped on Thursday, so I'm thinking maybe Tues/Weds of next week? The tracking number I have isn't working for me, so I'm not really sure!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing blue topaz. I love it even more in your pics.
And what a ring!!! It looks stunning. Do you love it?

Hopefully you will not keep us hanging here without handshots :naughty:
I cannot wait to see it on your finger :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage gorgeous ring, the sparkles on the topaz is amazing too!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Acinom and Lovinggems!

Acinom - Yes, I do love it. I was worried that it would be too high, as I really prefer a low setting, but it really doesn't feel high at all. And, the topaz looks kind of amazing, right? I was so surprised at how different it looks from when it was just sitting in the box vs. in this setting. It's like its little personality has come out!

A few more photos!

ak_blue_ring_9.jpg

ak_blue_ring_8.jpg

ak_blue_ring_3.jpg

ak_blue_ring_6.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks stunning on you :love: :love: :love:
It looks great on your hand. A gorgeous classic look.
Personally I love low settings too but topazes seems to be cut quite deep. I love what Alistair did with the proportions of the ring; the setting does not look to high on your finger. All the details are just perfect: the prongs, the beautiful bezels around the sidestones... Enjoy wearing it and please come back with more pics.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted this in my Acinom's colors thread as well:

Alistair will make 3 stacking bands for me: plain, scattered diamonds and engraved.
And he will create a three-stone ring as well with a greenish sapphire and diamonds.

_5894.jpeg

_1442.png

_5895.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still undecided on a AK setting for my black opal.
I would love a setting like the one below.
Any advice would be great!!

_5896.jpeg

_5897.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the Solace setting and it looks like a good fit for your gorgeous opal. Are you thinking of using yellow gold?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1474173417|4077962 said:
I like the Solace setting and it looks like a good fit for your gorgeous opal. Are you thinking of using yellow gold?

Thanks for your advice Lovinggems! I am definitely willing to use YG for this particular ring. I think it matches the stone better compared to RG?

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really excited to see what you do with your opal acinom more so because I'm just about to post my semi black opal off to Sally! Eek.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This is tough, googling blue opals they do look richer next to the yellow gold. What are yours and AK's thoughts? You have a great eye so I would go with your instincts. :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems said:
This is tough, googling blue opals they do look richer next to the yellow gold. What are yours and AK's thoughts? You have a great eye so I would go with your instincts. :bigsmile:

Thanks Lovinggems. At this stage I think I will opt for yellow gold.

theredspinel said:
Really excited to see what you do with your opal acinom more so because I'm just about to post my semi black opal off to Sally! Eek.
Any news about your opal piece from Sally Theredspinel? How exciting!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I received a process pic from Alistair with my first trilogy ring! I am so excited about this. I love the proportions of the setting and the fluid lines.

Next week the ring will go the diamond setter. I am so looking forward to see the end result!

_6143.jpeg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1475872247|4084556 said:
Lovinggems said:

Thanks Lovinggems. At this stage I think I will opt for yellow gold.

theredspinel said:
Any news about your opal piece from Sally Theredspinel? How exciting!!!

Oh no I've only just seen this sorry acinom! So I got my ring back from Sally, and I LOVE it. I just realised how much I love that little dark/semi black opal. It's SUCH a "weird" stone, or maybe moody is the right word for it.

The vendor photos and even video only showed a bright red and blue colour play. So I thought ok I'm buying an opan with only 2 colours again and I was happy with that (the red and blue looked gorgeous)! However when I received it....gosh... It was a shock. Yellow, orange, bright bright green, purple and the most electric red and blue were in front of me!

I am actually thinking can this be a colour change dark opal :lol: because at the exact same angle if I hold it about 2 metres away from the windows it's red and blue. If I move it closer to the windows (without changing the angle of the stone at all) it turns bright green!

I thought to see different colours you were supposed to move the stone around....not change the light source lol.

I was actually half kidding when I said "it's a colour change opal" but I'm really thinking about it now.... I might just email Justin, the vendor I buy all my opals from (blackopaldirect) and ask him???

So sorry for the tangent acinom, once I started this train of thought I had to type it out otherwise knowing me I'd forget! Hope you don't mind?

Can you tell I'm obsessed about opals (especially black/dark and recently welo material/jelly and crystal) so you have to talk to me about your back opal from Justin :naughty: what's the latest on setting that?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SeekingClarity has a beautiful ring created for his fiancee with a stone by Victor Canera and a ring by Alistair Kelsey.
I hope he will move his thread to SMTB and add a lot of pics and handshots.
Follow his review here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/review-of-victor-canera-alistair-kelsey-from-sydney.226646/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/review-of-victor-canera-alistair-kelsey-from-sydney.226646/[/URL]

On his FB, Alistair said this about the design:
"Interlocking arms of 18ct white gold, flowing
from a sweep up shank with soft knife edge
shoulders fading to a half round base."

img_13497.jpg

img_13498.jpg

img_0150.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love the simple elegance of his designs, lovely pieces Acinom.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results