shape
carat
color
clarity

Tester pink diamond melee arrived-pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I decided to order some pink diamond melee as a tester after being discouraged by a few vendors re: price. I found them on africagems.com, and they were just delivered today! The stats:

2x 1.2mm
Light Purplish Pink
I1 clarity
$15 each

I didn't expect much because of the I1 clarity, in fact I didn't even expect to receive them as I have never heard of this company (is that bad? well, I'm not very trusting). But I am blown away! The customer service was excellent, Marc updated me on the status of the order throughout.

I just love them, and will purchase more from AG when my project starts. I'll start with the inspiration, a Singlestone halo. Not sure if these are pinks, but the shadowing/reflection makes them look a very pale pink which is what I'm going for.

Singlestonepinkhalo.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
These are under the halogens to show the sparkle. They are way more sparkly than expected, comparable to my tacori melee (actually better but probably because the tacori needs a cleaning!). They have beautiful fire too.

shimmerpinkmelee5.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when you loupe it, can you see any inclusions? they look pretty, and for $15 heck yah! will you be buying more?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi D&T! I don''t see any inclusions with my 10x loupe (highest I have), but they are VERY teensy-tiny so I think in larger stones you could tell (probably around 2mm size + like my bezel band).

shimmerpinkmelee7.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Last one! My nails are so bad, I had my gels taken off recently and they are still recovering.

shimmerpinkmelee8.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Found a couple more good ones.

shimmerpinkmelee9.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
With my (very dirty) L color cushion.

shimmerpinkmelee10.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Great find!! Such a pretty pink and they do look sparkly!! Congratulations!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks MTG!

They are very close in color to my lavender spinel, so a bit more purple than pink. You can see it when I placed my rose gold ring next to them...ETA not my favourite combo, which is probably why these are so inexpensive. It seems that most pink diamonds are paired with RG and as you can see, these purplish ones do not go well together.

shimmerpinkmelee11.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Well hooray for finding what can be an awsome future vendor! You really can''t beat $15! i can''t wait to see the finished product!

Congrats
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marc is very nice, but some of his prices are a bit too high for me, not all though. Nice little pink diamonds, if only they were 1000 times larger
31.gif
, LOL!! Well, at least they're pink, natural color, and they were inexpensive!! Don't drop them!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are great! Love the color.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice looking pinks. They’ll make nice surprise stones even if you don’t know what else to do with them. I’ve never bought from AG but have browsed a few times and inquired about a couple stones.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
How big is 1.2 mm? I see its .0075 carat but how big is that in terms of points? Its smaller than a 1 pointer isn''t it?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 11:44:18 PM
Author: Black Jade
How big is 1.2 mm? I see its .0075 carat but how big is that in terms of points? Its smaller than a 1 pointer isn''t it?
There''re 100 points in 1 carat so 0.0075 carat is 0.75 point.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are great! I''ve browsed their site before but never bought anything from them... some of their stuff seems a bit high in price, imo, but then again I am a newb so I could be wrong :)

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
They look lovely, shimmer. I really like the colour!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey thanks everyone! And Lovinggems, for doing the math
26.gif

They are so so tiny, I think Gailey said in her thread that she was wondering why they are so cheap compared to the quotes she received, now I know why! The price increases quite a bit going from 1.2mm (tiny halo size, like tacori halo tiny) to surprise diamond size at 1.8-2mm which I think is what she was looking at (so was I which is what started this, hehe).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love pink diamond halos, and I love the light lavender pink of yours. Are you going to set it in white gold?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool. Good luck with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results