shape
carat
color
clarity

Teal Montana sapphire by Jerry

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Received yesterday, haven't gotten much done since then, honestly - too busy staring :love: Jerry Newman mixed cut barion pavillion/emerald crown, 1.93ct, 6.7 x 6.1 x 4.9mm, unheated. To be bezel-set as my wedding band. Yield was a little disappointing at under 20% (started as 11.33ct SI rough) but I'm thrilled with the teal color as well as Jerry's cutting! The face up value comes close enough to my target of 7 x 6.5mm that I feel it would be a difficult/lengthy search to come closer. I certainly couldn't have pulled this off without the help of this forum, thanks so much PS! :dance:

newman3.jpg

newman4.jpg

newman2.jpg

newman1.jpg

prynceszh

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Montana sapphires have such a unique color range, it's always a treat to see them. Can't wait to see the finished product ::)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty color.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. The color is amazing!!!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
really lovely color and i cant wait to see it set

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love your stone, I can't wait to get a Montana of my own! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Absolutely lovely! :appl: The color takes me to a tranquil place.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Success! Although the yield is lower than you hoped, I think the end result is great. You managed to get exactly the colour you wanted, the size you wanted, the shape you wanted AND all within budget. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lively coloured stone, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats!

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
That teal blue is just so lovely! I can't wait to see your ring when it's finished!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful stone! Congratulations :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful & just right on your hand! It will make a super ring. I love Montanas so much. Can't wait to see the beauty set!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It never ceases to amaze me at how many beautiful blues there are and your teal blue is OMG BLUETIFUL! :love:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! The color is fantastic and unique, and Jerry always creates such wonderfully cut stones. This one is quite the winner!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - that is such a stunning color. Pretty uncommon in sapphires. You did really, really well!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing color. Particularly in a sapphire. Do you mind telling me which rough that came from?

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Came from the 11.33ct rough, it had an unusually saturated blue rind with a yellow core. There was a crack snaking through, which reduced useable depth to less than 5mm so that was all Jerry had left to work with. You can see numerous pics of the rough in my previous threads.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ephsea|1407644306|3729547 said:
Came from the 11.33ct rough, it had an unusually saturated blue rind with a yellow core. There was a crack snaking through, which reduced useable depth to less than 5mm so that was all Jerry had left to work with. You can see numerous pics of the rough in my previous threads.
I just though people might like some before shots . I know I would. But I'll go find some in you're other threads. Turned out lovely.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
First ever macros shots. Hopefully my pics start to look better from here on out.

_21238.jpg

sany0013.jpg

maghi27

Rough_Rock
Hello, im New on this forum and i must say that these Montanas cut by jerry are exactly what ive been looking for. How do i go about either getting something like this or finding the right uncut stones to get cut?

Can you help me?

Thanks and really beautiful stuff!

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
http://blazengems.com/retail/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_53_56&products_id=1297

I think this is a great buy! Cheaper and much less risky than the route I went. If you like it, act quickly as things have a tendency to sell fast after being posted here. Jeff Hapeman at Earth'sTreasury has some nice ones too - contact him as most aren't listed. You could also look at Gemfix and MasterCut Gems.
My stone was custom cut. To achieve this, I had to buy 4 pieces of rough that looked the right shape, pay to have them all cut, and then be at least somewhat flexible about size, shape, color, and clarity. In other words, I spent more than I would have on 1 finished stone. Alot more, although I did end up with 2 extra stones (1 of the 4 cracked up badly, this does happen so be prepared if you buy rough). This was fine for me, but I recommend buying an already cut stone for most end users. Or contacting various lapidaries to see if any of them have a piece in stock that could cut the stone you seek.
Which brings us to - what size/shape/color/clarity and treatment level are you looking for, or do you know yet? Keep us posted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results