shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite in NYC or Online

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Quick question for the CS crowd!

I have a friend in need of some tanzanite earrings. I have some inquiries in with some of the oft used precision cutters on PS but he is also considering going to the diamond district in NYC. Golda Jewelry was recommended to him from a jeweler in his home state but I wanted some additional suggestions as well.

Any ideas for either online (precut) or NYC would be greatly welcome!

Thanks!

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
check- paraiba international.com-some of the best prices in the US-bar none-steve...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Harriet and Steve for the suggestion!

I'll check it out. He would prefer to see something in person. I appreciate the tip.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure if Lisa Elser is on the list of precision cutters that you checked out (her inventory is sent out each month in a catalog rather than on her website, so sometimes it's hard to find her stones). But IIRC she has quite a few matched pairs available. Not sure if any of them are tanzanites, but it might be worth contacting her.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1291173273|2783722 said:
I'm not sure if Lisa Elser is on the list of precision cutters that you checked out (her inventory is sent out each month in a catalog rather than on her website, so sometimes it's hard to find her stones). But IIRC she has quite a few matched pairs available. Not sure if any of them are tanzanites, but it might be worth contacting her.

Thanks for the tip! I got in touch with her and she doesn't have anything now but is going to Tanzania soon to look for tanzanite! Its going to be too late for my friend though so we continue the search elsewhere. I appreciate the advice and will be getting on her mailing list for future stones!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Andrew Gulij has a matched pair of 6mm rounds on his site. I think his prices tend towards retail a bit more than some of the other cutters, but I've never tried negotiating with him either. I would also guess he didn't cut these himself - I'd check to make sure. http://www.gemfix.com/tanzanite.html

Just saw he has a 5mm pair on his newest stones page, and while they're more affordable, the color isn't as good: http://www.gemfix.com/newest_gems.html

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
cellentani|1291308476|2785163 said:
Hey, Andrew Gulij has a matched pair of 6mm rounds on his site. I think his prices tend towards retail a bit more than some of the other cutters, but I've never tried negotiating with him either. I would also guess he didn't cut these himself - I'd check to make sure. http://www.gemfix.com/tanzanite.html

Just saw he has a 5mm pair on his newest stones page, and while they're more affordable, the color isn't as good: http://www.gemfix.com/newest_gems.html

WOW! Thanks so much Cellentani!!

I just did some more digging and found some earrings at Blue Nile and ID that look promising. Plus, he could visit ID in person in NYC, right? Just sent him these links as well.

I'm encouraging him to get round studs so he can get jackets for her to add later. He likes the idea of creating an avenue for a future gift with the plain studs.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lisa is in, or is on her way to, Tanzania right now so if you do not hear from her right away that is why. She might be able to pick up some great tanzanite rough while she is there for you to custom cut. She usually checks her email every few days when she is there so she might respond right away.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lisa is in hour nine of an unplanned layover in Frankfurt airport. We'll be a day late getting into Nairobi. Not the worst thing that's ever happened to us in travel delay (that would probably be the 3 days unplanned in a blizzard in Iceland) but neither is it the romance of travel ;-)

Cheers,

Lisa
www.lisaelser.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results