shape
carat
color
clarity

tanzanite from deluxegems?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never heard of this vendor before. Their return and review policy is reasonable although I don't think their photography looks natural and do not trust any in-house A, AA, AAAAAA grading.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've never seen Tanzanite look like that! I wouldn't even think of buying from this vendor based on those photographs that look highly manipulated.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Problem 1. What is their definition of AAA? It isn't explained anywhere
Problem 2. I have no idea how accurate their photography is - the picture isn't what I would expect a tanzanite to look like in person. A good bit of tweaking has taken place.

GIA doesn't assign colour grades and both the lab picture and video show a desaturated stone, which would account for the low price.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
AAA

Think Top color, top clarity and top cutting....

Look at the axinite they offer - I know this material - the pictures are (primitive) fotoshopped!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow,
Not necessarily. This is an in-house standard so it will vary from shop to shop. One shop's AAA could be a whole lot better than another shop's AAA. I've also seen AAAAAA. Seriously, what's the maximum number of A's? Don't even get me started on the +, ++, and +++.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen A, AA, AAA, AAAA, AAAAA and AAAAA+ :D It's all complete nonsense because it's subjective.

Lapigems have a good explanation of the grading system but unfortunately it's so misused by unscrupulous sellers that it's meaningless. Oh and the worst offenders used to be TV shopping channels who assigned an A rating willy nilly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results