shape
carat
color
clarity

Ta-Da Redux! Gene + JKT= Very Happy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. This is my beloved spinel. Looks lavender in some light, blue-gray in others. It has a lot of flash and scintillation. When I pick this up tomorrow I will try for hand shots that show this.
This is an Argentium silver ring, textured band, fan-like fronds for the basket. My have to have request of Julia was that the setting showcase the 5-sided cut of the stone without losing a lot of surface. The spinal is from Morogoro and was 8.43 mm. I am very pleased with what Julia came up with.

alondra2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!
30.gif
I would love to see the basket shots!

-A

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having some trouble compressing basket shots.

I will take more pics tomorrow, get closeups of the basket and get some outdoor shots, handshots.

Thanks for your patience.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I have a bit of a bias towards lavender spinel bezels hahaha! Can''t wait to see hand shots!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique, and she did a nice job on the bezel considering it is probably a difficult shape to set. I like the finish too.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Arcadian, Lovinggems, packrat and t_l.

Apparently setting that 5-sider was a heck of a project. I took that stone to several jewelers in Scottsdale and they all said it could not/should not be done in a bezel, they all wanted to put prongs to it.

Julia got the cutting specs from Gene and after a lot of wheedling from me to minimize the bezel, I think she did a great job.

The finish on the band, I look forward to seeing it "in real life."

I look forward to seeing the basket close up too, they started out as leaves but I think they look more fan-like now. I wasn''t sure I would like a basket but Julia said have faith, it''ll look great and I have to say she did a wonderful job.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! I like that the bezel highlights the 5 sided shape. Can''t wait to see profile shots.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s very pretty! Love the setting - I think it shows off that lovely stone very well!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful! I''m a fan of texture surfaces, especially when combined with bezels!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely color. I love how she worked with the shape of the stone. It seems so sparkly! Usually it is hard to achieve such a sparkle in bezel set.
How do you all manage to take such wonderful photographs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results