shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Blue Spinel Satisfaction!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fate landed in my jewelry box again! I had this setting I LOVED and originally bought for another stone, but it didn't quite pair well, so I tried my OEC diamond in it for a bit ... still not quite right. So I gave up and listed the mounting for sale with some interest but no takers, so it sat in the darkness of my safe.

Then, Jim McCormick had this beautiful baby blue spinel available for sale, and I had gone back & forth about whether I would love it, as I haven't had the best luck with spinels. I took the plunge a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to think about what to do with it once it had arrived. Then, it occurred to me this morning ... wonder if it might fit the unused mounting. :think:

Well, it is a PERFECT fit, and shows the spinel off beautifully I think! So much light coming into the stone that it dazzles with flashes of gorgeous denim/light to medium blue perfection that I swerved multiple times driving home with it on my hand. I AM in love with this stone AND this ring! I am having the hardest time capturing a great still pic but here are a few and a couple videos showing it in action. :love:

Just had to share with you all, as without PS and the wonderful CS forum, I would never have learned about this fantastic CS! So thank you all!

Measurements: 8.00 mm x 6.40 mm x 4.10 mm

http://youtu.be/mlX1lSta2e4

http://youtu.be/IRanc3fXpWY

_25197.jpg

_25198.jpg

_25199.jpg

_25200.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Previous pics with ipad. These were with my mobile which takes better pics in some cases. Color in previous ipad pics is most true to life though. These are just more crisp.

_25201.jpg

_25202.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and beautiful spinel... :appl:

Now I know what to do....

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!! You have quite the collection.
Your spinel is amazing. I hope to find one like this one fine day. :love:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1418502361|3800660 said:
Acinom,

I am 100 % sure it is from Multicolorgems...

Tanzanian spinel - they offer several gems like this and I am interested too - like this color very much - I need one.... :love:

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?749838644

Maybe without a window....

Did you mean mine is from MC? I bought it from Jim McCormick. Not sure where he sourced it from though.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure. Think he offers many gems bought from MCG - why not - that is absolutely o.k.!!!! He has a good eye and like most vendors
MCG sells gem which are to cheap or to expensive - with some you can make a got deal...

I think it is a special quality - no cobalt but a fine unusual blue you never find in Sri Lanka and many tanzanian spinel are very dark.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1418502361|3800660 said:
Acinom,

I am 100 % sure it is from Multicolorgems...

Tanzanian spinel - they offer several gems like this and I am interested too - like this color very much - I need one.... :love:

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?749838644

Maybe without a window....

Thank you Marlow!! I have sent 2 spinsels back to the vendor this year. Somehow I do not have an eye for it.
JoCoJen: yours is amazing!!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Why did you sent them back???

I want to buy one of these spinels too but the describtion is a bit misleading ( dark blue ) - but looking at the close up I know I need two of them ( I try to collect minimum two of a special color - I prefer 2-3 smaller stones instead of one large stone).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1418506388|3800680 said:
Why did you sent them back???

I want to buy one of these spinels too but the describtion is a bit misleading ( dark blue ) - but looking at the close up I know I need two of them ( I try to collect minimum two of a special color - I prefer 2-3 smaller stones instead of one large stone).

They looked beautiful on the photo's but dull, lifeless and dark in real life :???:
Luckily the vendor has a very good return policy and wants happy customers.

The descriptions on the site you linked too does not seem to match with the pics. It says dark blue when pics of light/middle blue stones are shown? I am tempted by the one you linked to though...

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
OK....

but from Tanzania???

--------
So from Africa.....I am sure it is the same material.....a nice gem!!!

I bought a light blue a few years ago. Much better than the material from Sri Lanka.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I asked my question before you post that you got it from an african dealer....

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thx for clarifying Jim. I absolutely love it. Personally, I don't worry so much where it's from, just so long as I love it. And this one, I really love! More than I thought I would. I don't think I have any other ovals either, so this is a first for me. It really appeals to me, and I love how it looks in this ring setting. :)

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
It looks perfect in that setting! Does it have a slight shift to purple indoors?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful blue and I love the setting. :love: Enjoy in health and happiness JoCoJenn!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much everyone for the kind comments!

VirginiaZee|1418520033|3800790 said:
It looks perfect in that setting! Does it have a slight shift to purple indoors?
Only ever so very slightly, and only in TFL/fluorescent lighting in my bathroom. Here is a pic and it actually shows it slightly more than my eyes actually see in person.

I find the range of blue from light to medium is more prevalent. But I can not manage to capture the colors quite right.

_25218.jpg

_25219.jpg

_25220.jpg

_25221.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I love all its different personalities! Really a lovely range of blues. =) (I was just asking about the violet because it looked violet in one of the videos, and I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not!)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VirginiaZee|1418569447|3800919 said:
I love all its different personalities! Really a lovely range of blues. =)

Me as well. That's part of the reason I can't take my eyes off it. So many beautiful variations, it's like a different stone very time I move from place to place. I am really thrilled with it, and that I had a mounting that fit it perfectly and really allows it to perform is such a wonderful bonus. :D

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Kismet!! :appl:

A gorgeous spinel in a beautiful setting! Congratulations! I too love your spinel's shifty personality. Just don't get too mesmerized by it and bump into anything! ;-) I've been there and done that. :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElvisPrasiolite|1418595398|3801138 said:
Yes, the stone is from Tanzania. Most of the Tanzanian, or Tunduru material is medium dark to dark. I have a medium dark cushion in stock. Pretty stone, but much darker than JoConnJenn's stone, which is medium light in tone, which is much rarer to find in a lighter toned color in blue spinel.

BTW, the ring looks great! :)

True. Medium to medium light tone is harder to find.

Enjoy your lovely stone and ring!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, this material is very nice and rare. I like it. Only some Luc Yen spinel show a nice medium blue/ lavender too but not for this fantastic price!

You should try to find some more...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results