shape
carat
color
clarity

Started collecting gems just for fun, & pics of Gene garnet

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Re: Started collecting gems just for fun, & pics of Gene gar

Yeesh...I don't know about the rest of you, but I definitely think the morganite looks flesh colored. Weird, it's my first "flesh colored" gem.

Anyway that's it for now, I'll have more pics next month though, I'm sure. Hope some of you enjoy the pics :)

ETA - forgot to mention that all pics were taken in indirect sunlight with no manipulation (with my trusty iphone), except for two of the fluorite pics, which were taken with a flash.

Trill

Rough_Rock

Wow, you have really expanded your collection. Congrats on the new gems!

It's great to hear about your experiences with wonderful sellers. I haven't purchased from Yvonne, but have checked out her gems. I have purchased from Chris, and he was a delight!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Trill - thank you! I'm glad you liked the pics, etc. I really enjoy taking pics of my new gems and I have fun posting about them over here. I'm just adding things along to this thread as they come along. The collection is definitely growing, you're right :). I'm a complete gem addict, lol.

As far as Chris and Yvonne - I've dealt with Chris several times now and have had very good experiences, and Yvonne I've dealt with too many times to count - I can definitely recommend both of them!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

New gems for the collection thread...I've been picking these up here and there, but hadn't posted some in a while :)

Let's see...first up is my new pair of mahenge rounds, intended for studs, at 4.5 mm each and .98 tcw. These are from the same parcel as my nice mahenge cushion came from, they're so lovely and honestly far prettier than I can manage to show. They just seem to be alive with sparkle and color! Portuguese cut.

spinelpr3.jpg

spinelpr4.jpg

spinelpr1.jpg

spinelpr2.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

a bit more...

spinelprcushion.jpg

allspinels.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Also picked up a lovely merelani mint cut by John at Gemrite, purchased from PSer jstarfireb. approx. 5.5 mm round and .84 ct

_10453.jpg

_10454.jpg

_10455.jpg

_10456.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Another tsav, my darkest yet and beautiful in color! .84 ct, 5.1 mm cushion cut, bought from MTG (in fact first pic belongs to MTG, rest are mine). This is one of the hardest gems I've tried to photograph yet; it's actually quite sparkly and really pretty, it has a blue modifier that really pops especially in incandescent. It's a pretty amazing color IMO, I wish I could get the pics to show that!!

cushiontsav1.jpg

littletsav2.jpg

ltsav6.jpg

ltsav4.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

One pic of all of my loose green and yellow garnets

greengarnetlot.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

A small pr of Ceylon blue sapphires that I also want for stud earrings; these are just 4.2 mm. I'm having a hard time getting nice pics of these also, but here's some temporary ones. tcw is 1.04 I believe, one is a bit bottom heavy.

sapphpr1.jpg

sapphpr4.jpg

sapphpr3.jpg

sapphpr2.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock

I have a couple of others than I didn't get to, but I need to get some pics uploaded to my computer and don't want to mess with it...we'll save those for next time. Hope you enjoyed the pics :)

Planning to get two prs of studs made with the small pairs, but not sure what I want to do with the tsav and mint - I really just wanted them bc they were pretty and affordable, lol.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Love those sapphire stud stones! And your pics of the garnet capture its sparkle and brightness nicely.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Love the mint! And I could still just fall into that lovely Ceylon trilliant, lovely deep color. You've been busy -- nice collection & glad you're having fun! I'm having fun looking at them.

--- Laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock

My favorite is the Gene color change garnet. I love the color changers!! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results