shape
carat
color
clarity

star sapphire as engagement ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

runner05

Rough_Rock
does anyone have any pictures of star sapphire engagement rings?

Also, sapphires are supposed to be the 2nd hardest stone next to diamonds - is this also true for the star sapphires - do you think that it is hard enough to withstand everyday wear?

Thanks!!
9.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any photos but I think that would be very pretty. Yes sapphires are really hard stones as are rubies. I think they are a 9 on mohs scale and they can with take everyday use.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cabs are even more wearable - even if wear does leave marks on them, repolishing is way easier on a cab then on a faceted stone; this is even done without removing the stone from setting. 'Guess cabs are the easiest to wear of all gem shapes
2.gif
The nicest too, if I was the judge
5.gif

I couldn't tell what would make a star sapphire look like "engagement ring" - but some diamonds next to it would probably help - even if just accents. Most likely a classic design cannot go wrong and could safely be called "engagement ring". Fine star sapphire are pretty styking gems anyway - the ring will definitely attract attention and turn heads. All for the better !

A star sapphire engagement set might look like this

... but there's no saying that star rings can only be simple !

S33_2_1223200433755PM

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
What a gret idea! This is one of the most innovated non-traditional e-ring ideas that I''ve seen in a while!

Do, however, make sure that your ladyfriend is into the idea. A friend-of-a-friend once sprung on his girlfriend a proposal with a beautiful pearl ring, and she told him yes, but to go get a diamond. (Something *I* would never dream of doing, but no matter...) Anyway, you probably know her better than anyone else and know what she would like.

Ana! Gorgeous stuff, as always. I like this one from the jewelry expert site--
Star-Sapphire-Diamond-Ring-II-1a.gif

I''ve never though too much abou cabs... how are star sapphires graded?

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Wow, timing!

This isn''t an engagement ring (as far as I know it wasn''t ever used for that purpose.) But it''s a star sapphire ring of my mother''s that I just adore. It came down somehow through the family. I think something like this looks very engagement ring-y. In fact, wearing this for a while is making me think I should forgo a diamond e-ring one day and get something like this. It''s just amazing and so fun to play with, watching the star burst move around.

If you want to see the rest of the pics of this ring go to:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eye-candy-diamond-and-star-sapphire-ring-in-white-gold.24743/

starsapphire%20(17).jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
You said it, Indecisive! Timing!! Your other posts inspired me to go take pictures of my ring, and I come back to find this new thread!

I don't really like posting my mistakes, but it's for a good cause... I found this star sapphire in a pawn shop mounted in a man's ring, bought it and later had it mounted in this off-the-rack mounting...

A few months ago, I decided I really don't care for it, and tried to sell it. I was informed to my great chagrin that it's a "Lindy Star"...synthetic! And to add insult to injury...it tested 10K gold!
29.gif

Anyway, here it is...

widget

000_1770.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who could blame you, Widget ! The stone looks fantastic even in the photo... and the odds to find such a good star with the right pedigree are not all that great
7.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Runner05!

Lookie at what I found at Jewelryexpert.com: A star sapphire engagement ring! They even did a fitted wedding band to go with it.

widget

Purple-Star-Sapphire-Ring-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results