shape
carat
color
clarity

Spessartite Garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Hope I''m spelling this right!

Anyhow I just had to say I had seen the MOST beautiful spess today. The prettiest I have ever seen. It was an oval and I think about 6 cts. If anyone is looking for something like that - this one was an absolute stunner!! The chunks of color it threw off - just amazing!!

There was also a cute little red spinel in a heart shape and a gorgeous light yellow sapphire in a really sparkly princess cut. Also a mint amethyst in a pear shape - really nice color to it. And a huge pink tourmaline - cushion cut I think.

My jeweler friends know I love the colored stones so they always bring them out for me when I come in.
1.gif
Oh how I wished all the spess nuts on PS were there!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Certainly wish you had pics to post...
20.gif
9.gif
Glad you had a good time shopping colored stones today, and thanks for thinking of us PSr''s while doing so.

Doesn''t MZ have an orange Spess in her e-ring? And isn''t there someone else here with an "M" sounding name who is also a spess fanatic? Hmmm...let''s see if they show up to this thread.
10.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! I think that particular jewelry store would not like me whipping out a camera so I didn''t even ask.
40.gif

Also - I wasn''t expecting to see the stones so I wasn''t armed with my camera anyway. Oh well.....

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, yeah, you know how to get a gal''s attention!!!!!!

yes, MZ does in fact have an 8+ carat spess for her earring.....and is still in love with it and has yet to see any other spess compare to it.

the other spess/orange gal was/is Mine..... haven''t seen her post in a long time though.

i think pictures are mandatory of this 6 carat! any idea of the price range for this big boy/girl?

movie zombie

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spessartite and spinels are among by favorites; they sound stunning.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 5:10:44 PM
Author: movie zombie
oh, yeah, you know how to get a gal''s attention!!!!!!

yes, MZ does in fact have an 8+ carat spess for her earring.....and is still in love with it and has yet to see any other spess compare to it.

the other spess/orange gal was/is Mine..... haven''t seen her post in a long time though.

i think pictures are mandatory of this 6 carat! any idea of the price range for this big boy/girl?

movie zombie
I''ll go ahead and ask to take some pics when I go back in. I THINK the cost of the spess was around $3,800. I have no idea whatsoever if that is a fair price or not. I wouldn''t expect to get any bargains at that particular store! Also - I''m not sure if I remember that right so I''ll have to double check that.

It was such a gorgeous deep wine red color with large cognac flashes - I was pretty well entranced by it & I''m not really garnet hound. I''ve got some garnet in my collection but they are just the usual type & set in an antique style (earring & necklace set from the Baltic). I''ll have to get pics...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 10:28:42 PM
Author: marcyc
Spessartite and spinels are among by favorites; they sound stunning.
I especially love the colors that spinel comes in. There is something special about them. You instantly know it is a spinel. Nothing else looks like it to me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
spess ranges in color from a yellow to orange to a red. my particular flavor is orange.......

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results