carat
color
clarity

Speaking of holy grails!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minou,
My response was to Boerumbiddy since she(?) had a question mark after her statement with regards to Mrs. Sultan (Sultana?). It didn't read as a joke, like yours did.

Boerumbiddy,
I've never heard of the female royalty in that region referred to as Queen, it has always been Sultana. Perhaps outside of the area, she is called the Queen of Brunei. Is that what you meant?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, I have spent no time in the area at all and all my knowledge of court terminology in Brunei comes from English-language Google. She is routinely referred to as queen in news stories, rarely as sultana, which would of course be more proper. I suspect there is still a third term in Malay, which I do not speak. Forgive my ignorance. And to the royal court of Brunei, I mean no disrespect. (There is apparently a clause in the constitution holding that this monarch "can do no wrong either in his personal or any official capacity." I wish I had the same clause in my contract!)

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
And yes, I am a female lady person, with no question mark. The only honorific I routinely use is Ms.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1384451007|3556439 said:
Chrono, I have spent no time in the area at all and all my knowledge of court terminology in Brunei comes from English-language Google. She is routinely referred to as queen in news stories, rarely as sultana, which would of course be more proper. I suspect there is still a third term in Malay, which I do not speak. Forgive my ignorance. And to the royal court of Brunei, I mean no disrespect. (There is apparently a clause in the constitution holding that this monarch "can do no wrong either in his personal or any official capacity." I wish I had the same clause in my contract!)

Heck yeah - wouldn't we all?!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the clarification. No need to ask for forgiveness or anything of that sort. :wavey: Some might misconstrue my one liner as rude, condescending or whatever but my intent was to share a bit of my knowledge of what female Malay royalty are called. It is true that royalty in that region are never held accountable for their actions.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just discovered I shall be in HK in time for their next Magnificent Jewels sale later this month, and am hoping to attend one of their viewings, woo hoo!!!

DK :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I would love to see the sultana wearing a solid neutral color so I can see her jewelry better :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1384782520|3558399 said:
I would love to see the sultana wearing a solid neutral color so I can see her jewelry better :naughty:

Ditto this. All the bright sequins and fancy colours/patterns make it difficult to make out her jewellery.

Rubeum

Rough_Rock
LEVIEV, on Rodeo Drive :sun:

img_leviev.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I am really enjoying the eye candy in this thread--amazing!! I couldn't even imagine wearing that tiara on my head--I'd be constantly taking it off and staring it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
boerumbiddy|1384448713|3556404 said:
She is the mother of the heir apparent, and she has a nice ruby tiara and a substantial colored-stone pendant as well. Graff is the family jeweler.

I want Graff to be my family jeweler too, but DH just won't cooperate. :saint:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1384806057|3558635 said:
boerumbiddy|1384448713|3556404 said:
She is the mother of the heir apparent, and she has a nice ruby tiara and a substantial colored-stone pendant as well. Graff is the family jeweler.

I want Graff to be my family jeweler too, but DH just won't cooperate. :saint:

I know, me too. :lol:

Rubeum

Rough_Rock
Magnificent Cartier London ruby diamond parure reputedly made for Mrs. Marshall Field. Sold at Christie’s Geneva November 1973. :-o

580be2d7dd1f43f8296ab9dac64fcc6f.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is killing me. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results