shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'm new to this but trying to find a blue green tourmaline for my e-ring. How is this one, does it have too many inclusions?

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/238/Tourmaline/listings/51927/23-Ct-Afghan-tourmaline.html

Thanks
Jo

I actually bought this one and returned it. The color is beautiful (thought it didn't look quite as vivid as those pics). I personally didn't like the inclusions. They are not bad unless you're looking up close but one side was definitely more included than the other. One corner has an inclusion that I knew would bother me. I don't know what it's called but it's like a clear spot inside all that color. I wish I had taken pics. :oops:

That being said, It's a pretty decent size stone and would make a great ring. I already have a ring with a similar color tourmaline in it so that (combined with the inclusions) was a good enough reason for me not to keep it. Hope that helps. :D

Jojomac

Rough_Rock
I actually bought this one and returned it. The color is beautiful (thought it didn't look quite as vivid as those pics). I personally didn't like the inclusions. They are not bad unless you're looking up close but one side was definitely more included than the other. One corner has an inclusion that I knew would bother me. I don't know what it's called but it's like a clear spot inside all that color. I wish I had taken pics. :oops:

That being said, It's a pretty decent size stone and would make a great ring. I already have a ring with a similar color tourmaline in it so that (combined with the inclusions) was a good enough reason for me not to keep it. Hope that helps. :D
Thanks Elle, I will keep away from it then, since it's for my e-ring. I'll keep an eye on what everyone posts on this thread. Love this thread, some beautiful stones :) Thanks again, Jo :)

Jojomac

Rough_Rock
Hi All, I've got an old thread that I have started up again to find that blue green gem for my e-ring. So if anyone sees something can you also post in my thread:
Blue green tourmaline help please
Thanks so much!
Jo
:)

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg

From the Kosnar's facebook auction.. 2.85 / 8.25mm garnet. Oh the color! Someone get it so I don't have a finger slip ;-)

dori2002

Rough_Rock
I love the aqua, just sent an email. I hope its still avaliable.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck dori2002!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so tempted by the aqua...everything about it is so perfect..color, size and cut. Hope you snag it dori so we can see more!

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
WoW! I wish I had the funds but they are tied up in anticipation of other projects. Someone buy it and show us all the pictures! Please oh pretty please!!!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
No selling everyone.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
I know!!! that VC it's fab.

Was going to buy it but I've been off work sick

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Saw that! Love that! DH pointed out, you already have one....Albeit a tad smaller :lol:
(About 1.5 CT). Sigh. Always so many pretties.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YES! That gem is gorgeous..........I was wondering if there'd be some 'hoopla' about it! LOL!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bank account screaming "hell no girl, we need that vacation, remember?"

but man o man its a beauty. :love:

btw, AfricaGems is having 20% off sale so a good time to buy for those who might be looking.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mint Chrysoberyl approx. 1ct

chryso095b.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odd that they refer to that as a "mint chrysoberyl" as I don't think of dark toned stones as mint, lol! In fact, unless the coloration is off in the photos, I don't think I've ever seen a chrysoberyl as dark.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a greenish grey chrysoberyl. I have diamonds that color and they look amazing in rose gold. I suspect that rose gold would look nice with that stone too for those wanting a very grayish stone with nice cutting and luster.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding to the confusion, the description above it says "near colorless"

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is cheating because its a ring, but omg look at this thing! SOMEONE BUY IT BEFORE I DO PLEASE! Also then maybe down the road I can buy it from you!:lol::loopy::appl: il_570xN.1257683209_k0n7.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/533893569/emerald-ring-rose-gold-flower-ring?ref=shop_home_active_1

That is really awesome! If you think of it, for posterity's sake and the usefulness of this thread, try and remember to add the price and any relevant info including a photo (as you did) in case the link stops working. I say this cuz I went to look and since its sold, there is no price listed, waaaaahhh!

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
The ring was $2999 and the center emerald (oiled) was 9 by 7mm and the melee are hyunite and paraiba tourmaline. It was all set in 14K gold. Also, fess up who on here bought it!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring was $2999 and the center emerald (oiled) was 9 by 7mm and the melee are hyunite and paraiba tourmaline. It was all set in 14K gold. Also, fess up who on here bought it!!
Thank you!

And I second the fess up request!

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
O.M.G full stop. I think I need new pants.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results