shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news apacherose!! Congrats with that amazing stone. I was quite tempted when I saw that beauty. So glad that it's yours.

S

SparkliesLuver

YAY! :dance: Way to go, apacherose! I'm super happy that one is staying in the family. Can't wait to see your pictures!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1447987435|3951936 said:
lucky me! I've been watching for an afghan tourmaline for a while- my husband deployed there twice but I always told him not to buy any gems, except if there was a pretty and cheap lapis or something, but, I'm excited for this one- my first step cut gem!

YES! I think the colouration is very bright and open, and the step cut is divine! Can't wait to see you post more pictures of it. :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thank you, Acinom, Sparklies, and Chrono! Your comments have made me feel really good about the purchase.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay apacherose! Glad a PSer got that stone, it looks beautiful and I can't wait to see pics of it when you get it in hand. :appl:

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1447388126|3949102 said:
Had to post this stone. It looks to be a beautiful tsavorite for an excellent price. 1.25 ct oval for $800. 7.79x5.67x3.77mm, and eye clean. That's $640/ct, which is good these days.
Just arrived back from Kenya yesterday. There was Tsavorite to buy, but our cost - buying as parcels, not selecting - would have ended up just above the cost of the 1.25ct oval tsavorite noted above. As some other cutters have mentioned to me, they are going into Tucson with the idea of buying poorly executed Tsavorites that may have been sitting for a while with the intention of recutting them.

I believe the days of bargains in Tsavorite may have come to an end. I too, will be looking for bargains.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of our own seems to be selling a few AMAZING pieces!

1) 1.76 ct precision cut calibrated oval Mahenge Spinel. Vivid eye clean Pink/Magenta. Does not lose color. Stunning, saturated stone. 8x6mm. Beautiful stone - in lower light, has more of a reddish component; in indirect bright light, pure bright pink. I have included a photo of it in direct sunlight, where you can see that it does close up somewhat, but that is only in strong midday sunlight. Also included a photo in fluorescent light, where it looks ever so slightly less saturated.
$2800 OBO. I have more photos, and am offering a 7-day review period, details to be worked out with buyer.

Pics: Mahenge_Inside_Lower_Light_1_Pre.jpg Mahenge_Outside_Hand_2_Pre.jpg Mahenge_Outside_Table_Pre.jpg

2) Stunning, saturated and bright, large untreated blue tourmaline. Precision cut, 9x7.5x6.3mm long asscher. Medium dark in tone, eye clean with strong saturation. Ever so slight green, but not much.
$2080 OBO. I am offering a 7-day review period. More photos available.
Blue_Tourm_Rentfrow_8_3-07-14_Preview.jpg Blue_Tourm_Rentfrow_3_3-07-14_Preview.jpg Blue_Tourm_Rentfrow_5_3-07-14_Preview.jpg

PLEASE someone buy the blue tourmaline! I want it SO MUCH, but can't afford it right now :boohoo: . Would love to live through one of you and see more stunning pics :naughty:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Had to post this stone. It looks to be a beautiful tsavorite for an excellent price. 1.25 ct oval for $800. 7.79x5.67x3.77mm, and eye clean. That's $640/ct, which is good these days.

If this Tsav is still available, where is it please?

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Mahenge! Wow! Someone please get that and show us a lovely ring with it!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
apacherose|1447990565|3951953 said:
Rockinruby|1447988727|3951944 said:
Yay! :appl: :appl: Lucky you! I hope you will share pics when it arrives. I'm so excited for you! It's very pretty! :clap:

Thanks, Rockinruby- you are always so nice- I love the nice things you post on people's preloved listings and smtb's. I'll post pics. :wavey:

Aww, thanks so much! You are the nice one to say such kind words. I truly appreciate it! Any news on when your beautiful new stone will arrive? :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1448237378|3952893 said:

1) 1.76 ct precision cut calibrated oval Mahenge Spinel. Vivid eye clean Pink/Magenta. Does not lose color. Stunning, saturated stone. 8x6mm. Beautiful stone - in lower light, has more of a reddish component; in indirect bright light, pure bright pink. I have included a photo of it in direct sunlight, where you can see that it does close up somewhat, but that is only in strong midday sunlight. Also included a photo in fluorescent light, where it looks ever so slightly less saturated.
$2800 OBO. I have more photos, and am offering a 7-day review period, details to be worked out with buyer.

Pics: Mahenge_Inside_Lower_Light_1_Pre.jpg Mahenge_Outside_Hand_2_Pre.jpg Mahenge_Outside_Table_Pre.jpg

2) Stunning, saturated and bright, large untreated blue tourmaline. Precision cut, 9x7.5x6.3mm long asscher. Medium dark in tone, eye clean with strong saturation. Ever so slight green, but not much.
Blue_Tourm_Rentfrow_8_3-07-14_Preview.jpg Blue_Tourm_Rentfrow_3_3-07-14_Preview.jpg Blue_Tourm_Rentfrow_5_3-07-14_Preview.jpg

PLEASE someone buy the blue tourmaline! I want it SO MUCH, but can't afford it right now :boohoo: . Would love to live through one of you and see more stunning pics :naughty:

Stunning stones! I hope these stay in the PS family! Gorgeous! :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I agree beautiful stones. :love:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1448239771|3952911 said:

Anyone know? Who wants to cost me $$$$?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1449037153|3956320 said:
Andelain|1448239771|3952911 said:

Anyone know? Who wants to cost me $$$$?

I will help you spend some money! :naughty:

Check Fine Faceted Gems & Cab Market or Rioux Rocks on fb. Joshua Rioux posted it awhile back, but It's not listed as sold yet. :wavey:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1449502633|3958553 said:

I have looked at that spinel so many times! It is gorgeous and I hope it goes to a PSer so we can see more photos :naughty:
lovedogs said:

Echoing lovedogs.. please somebody buy these two AMAZING stones!! I would be so thrilled with either stone but alas my bling budget is maxed out. :blackeye:

S

SparkliesLuver

*sigh* I'd love to buy both, but after my JW spinels I made the decision to set what I already have. :(sad They definitely deserve a good home!

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm not sure if this is sold yet, but it's a gorgeous color shift garnet and we all know how wonderful Jerry's cutting is. I've included more pictures that he sent me (before he listed it). Someone please snap it up! :love:

2.73ct
9.3 x 7.35 x 5.4 mm
$682
http://gemartservices.com/stones.php?id=gar004

_35519.jpg

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I love the blue tourmaline. I would kill for that!! Can you tell me the carat weight. The spinel is awesome. Just kidding about the "kill" part

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Gem Queen|1449903815|3960569 said:
I love the blue tourmaline. I would kill for that!! Can you tell me the carat weight. The spinel is awesome. Just kidding about the "kill" part

The blue tourmaline is 3+ ct and price reduced to 1950! It's so so so beautiful!

NiceSmile

Rough_Rock
marymm|1417208460|3791830 said:
^ I just checked out Lee Wasson's website - man, those sugarloaf cabochons in the Loose Emeralds section are sooo gorgeous! But his site is kinda hard to navigate; specifically, I was trying to find out if he sends his emeralds to AGL or GIA but couldn't find anything about that, or any real info as to treatment. If I end up emailing him about the sugarloafs, I'll update this post with his response.

I loved the sugarloafs too. the set sold for 50k a while back lee told me.

S

SparkliesLuver

Excellent, planet_jp! Thanks for mentioning it; I haven't looked there yet today (on purpose). haha

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Nice! It looks like someone took your suggestion to heart and bought it!

S

SparkliesLuver

Awesome! :appl: Hopefully they post pictures once they receive it. ;-)

J_Orstadius

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi all!

Avoiding to cross any lines towards promoting, I will just let you know that all website content – including Contact Us page – and contact details linked throughout the previous couple pages of this thread are indeed perfectly up-to-date and fine to use.

Pardon the lack of translation on our trade portal :bigsmile:

It should be noted regarding international trade (albeit I can only speak for Sweden myself), that trading overseas from Europe is oftentimes more advantageous than shipping within Europe; within Europe, VAT must be added unless a VAT number can be provided.

PS. It's hard to decide which of those last two blue tourmalines is more mouth watering...

All the best,
Johannes Orstadius

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results