shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
lilmosun|1435027683|3892900 said:
+4 on the recommendation. I was looking for a certain colored stone and colorluvr had one. She could've charged me a lot more than she did. GREAT SELLER who knows her stones.

I would've bought this Gary Braun chrysoberyl in a heartbeat if I didn't decide to just settle on my sample stone. (In fact I almost did before she reduced her prices).

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loos...dot-73ct-gary-braun-precision-cut-chrysoberyl

1_396.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to Minousbijoux, LisaRN, Gemajames and Lilmosun for the recommendations on Colorluvr as a seller. :clap: I had a great experience with her recently & was able to get the GB Chrysoberyl! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1436937326|3903003 said:
Anyway, to get this thread back on track!

Somebody please get this beautiful pink tourmaline from Kosnar Gem Co that's been tempting me for a long time.. and I normally don't even like heart shapes. :)

Gem: Copper Bearing Elbaite Tourmaline
Weight: 2.29 cts.
Size: 7.98 mm.
Color: Hot Purple Pink
Clarity: VVS
Cut: Heart
Locality: Mozambique
Treatment: None
$458

il_570xn_144.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/230383377/outstanding-pink-tourmaline-gemstone

Mochiko, I am not usually drawn to heart shapes, but that's a beautiful pink tourmaline! Love it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tourmaline heart is lovely, and I love hearts, however, the piggy bank is empty, nevermind. :rolleyes:

DK :))

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I had not heard of Kosnar Gem Co before mochiko's post about the heart tourmaline. They have some beautiful stuff. Does anyone have experience with Kosnar Gem they'd like to share?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby|1436938603|3903006 said:
+4 on the recommendation. I was looking for a certain colored stone and colorluvr had one. She could've charged me a lot more than she did. GREAT SELLER who knows her stones.

I would've bought this Gary Braun chrysoberyl in a heartbeat if I didn't decide to just settle on my sample stone. (In fact I almost did before she reduced her prices).

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loos...dot-73ct-gary-braun-precision-cut-chrysoberyl

1_396.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to Minousbijoux, LisaRN, Gemajames and Lilmosun for the recommendations on Colorluvr as a seller. :clap: I had a great experience with her recently & was able to get the GB Chrysoberyl! :appl:

Ooh, congrats Rockinruby! Please post pics when you get it! I had had my eye on that chryso for awhile and would love to see additional pics.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urseberry I bought a gorgeous boulder opal from them and they were amazing about questions, payment and shipping
The stone looked better in real life too!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1437007031|3903349 said:
Rockinruby|1436938603|3903006 said:

Ooh, congrats Rockinruby! Please post pics when you get it! I had had my eye on that chryso for awhile and would love to see additional pics.

Thanks so much Blingbunny! Here is a quick pic I took upon opening up the package. I have no idea of how to photograph gemstones so hoping to find some threads with tips so I can try to get more this wknd. I'm afraid my pic does not capture how pretty it is in person. :doh:

image_3703.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also from the latest The Gem Trader news update, this good looking zircon. Too bad I am on a ban...

_32619.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver - I just tried for this tourmaline on Barrys site. Doubt I was the first.... After seeing how pretty LisaRN's medium pink spinel looks on her hand I decided to try to find one that works for me

Edited to add picture

gemtrader_pink_tourm.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked the blue zircon as seen in TGT's mail drop, however, there is another stone that I liked more (not the pink tourmaline) and have made enquiry about it.

DK :naughty: :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1437597317|3906228 said:
I liked the blue zircon as seen in TGT's mail drop, however, there is another stone that I liked more (not the pink tourmaline) and have made enquiry about it.

DK!!! You are always up to sonething :wavey:
Hope you can get the stone you like. Curious to learn which one it is 8-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1437597520|3906232 said:
dk168|1437597317|3906228 said:

DK!!! You are always up to sonething :wavey:
Hope you can get the stone you like. Curious to learn which one it is 8-)

I was very tempted by the marquise Tsavorite, however, it is beyond my reach. Besides, I am not too keen on the shape as it will bring back memories about losing the imperial jade of my mum's ring during one drunken work event! :oops:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The marquise tsav is stunning. I looked at it too... (Just looking :lol: )
And oh no! That is a bad memory. Losing a stone is very unfortunate. I am sure it was not related to the alcohol level during the work event though 8-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1437598878|3906248 said:
The marquise tsav is stunning. I looked at it too... (Just looking :lol: )
And oh no! That is a bad memory. Losing a stone is very unfortunate. I am sure it was not related to the alcohol level during the work event though 8-)

I would by lying if I said I did not drink much. :oops:

Mum was good about it. Being Chinese and rather superstitious, she said something in the line about the jade taking a blow on my behalf. :roll:

Still waiting to hear from Brad. He gave me a different e-mail address to use so that my messages do not bounce.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am in love with the Munsteiner citrine (ok, I am always in love with Munsteiner).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1437594740|3906202 said:
SparkliesLuver - I just tried for this tourmaline on Barrys site. Doubt I was the first.... After seeing how pretty LisaRN's medium pink spinel looks on her hand I decided to try to find one that works for me

Edited to add picture

Oh my goodness that is GORGEOUS! I am not a fan of anything pink, but that stone is out of this world! I hope someone gets it so I can admire it!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some really nice stuff going up on LT these days, including a Luc yen spinel and a 3.28 ct tsavorite! Both very rare and beautiful stones!

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
How long does it usually take for Brad to respond to purchase emails? I'm still waiting too...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppyguts|1437720255|3906847 said:
How long does it usually take for Brad to respond to purchase emails? I'm still waiting too...
He often only responds if you got it, or were close. Sometimes a week later if you didn't get the stone.

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
I heard this morning that there was one person in front of me for the pink tourm. So whoever got it has already heard.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All..

I heard from Brad yesterday re: the Tsavorite (fabulous colour) & the Zircon. I've actually released the Zircon so if anyone from PS is next, I'm sure you'll be hearing from him very shortly. :))

I did want to get opinions regarding the "fingerprint" Brad mentioned in his description of the Tsavorite. I see it on the left hand side, & I have to admit, I did miss it initially but after reading his description, I found it. Do you think this will be noticeable in person? I'm not familiar enough with gems to know if a gems sparkle will hide the blemish like a diamonds sparkle would. Thoughts on this? Thank you.. Judy

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1437745364|3906905 said:
Hi All..

I heard from Brad yesterday re: the Tsavorite (fabulous colour) & the Zircon. I've actually released the Zircon so if anyone from PS is next, I'm sure you'll be hearing from him very shortly. :))

I did want to get opinions regarding the "fingerprint" Brad mentioned in his description of the Tsavorite. I see it on the left hand side, & I have to admit, I did miss it initially but after reading his description, I found it. Do you think this will be noticeable in person? I'm not familiar enough with gems to know if a gems sparkle will hide the blemish like a diamonds sparkle would. Thoughts on this? Thank you.. Judy

Hey Judy: Your question will just get buried in this thread so best to start a new one asking your excellent question. That way, this thread can go on being about good stones people should buy, and you can get the answers you seek. And when you start your thread, you might want to include the link or some pics to make it easier for people to help you. :))

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk...did you get what you wanted?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't get the pink tourmaline either. I did get the green sapphire. I was intrigued by it. Will be interesting to see it IRL

So. Who got the pink tourmaline???

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minousbijoux....you're right of course. I was trying to take a short cut. LOL Thank you for the advice. :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1437785476|3907135 said:

Yup, Brad confirmed I was the first to request the 5.77ct Sunstone Iolite with Haematite, 15.6 x 11mm:

jul15siolitei.gif jul15sioliteii.gif

I was not in the position to get the last one on offer which was an rectangular cut, and am glad I am able to get this one.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1437853007|3907407 said:
NKOTB|1437785476|3907135 said:

Yup, Brad confirmed I was the first to request the 5.77ct Sunstone Iolite with Haematite, 15.6 x 11mm:

jul15siolitei.gif jul15sioliteii.gif

I was not in the position to get the last one on offer which was an rectangular cut, and am glad I am able to get this one.

This is awesome, and definitely off the beaten path!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This 1.91ct Afghan aqua in Liquid Flower cut from Uli of osirisgems caught my eyes, however, I was too late, and hope it is being snatched up by one of the PS CSers:

notpurchasedafgaqu1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results