shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy, I wish I were looking for a sapphire! That's very nice & a price you won't see anywhere else! Somebody please grab it.

--- Laurie

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that sapphire is a lovely blue too, but I would find particularly the inclusion near the girdle bothersome - still, the stone is very, very well-priced for its size, color, cut, and inclusions.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Where was that sapphire 6 months ago?! Sigh. It's lovely and a great price.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be curious how the large facets reflect the color - would want to ask the seller if due to the faceting, its like a giant checkerboard, with the facets reading as either on - reflecting any surface light back - or off - reflecting light back up from within. Long winded way of saying I'm not that familiar with that cut... :confused:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1402772044|3693244 said:
I'd be curious how the large facets reflect the color - would want to ask the seller if due to the faceting, its like a giant checkerboard, with the facets reading as either on - reflecting any surface light back - or off - reflecting light back up from within. Long winded way of saying I'm not that familiar with that cut... :confused:

Well, she mentions a rolling flash, so I'm wondering if maybe it's similar to an opposed bar cut? She might be open to taking a video to help convey what she means.

waka22

Rough_Rock
Trade
Anyone know anything about bixbite gemstone I have two, I need to know how much they are worth one 1.3 ct and the other .045 ct, can anyone help me out

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
If they are true red beryl, they can be fairly valuable, especially in the larger size. However, it would be nice to know if they have been treated, as much of the material can have an epoxy treatment to improve their clarity, and this would lead to some devaluation of the stone(s). Additionally, specimens may be mislabeled as red beryl when it is actually pezzottaite, which is not as valuable...albeit a nice mineral in itself. Do you have pictures, just out of curiosity to see them?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That blue sapphire is amazing and amazingly priced. Not only that, it comes with a lab report, is well cut and the seller is open to a 1 day review/return which is generous for a second hand piece.

Ditto Xrisus about the bixbite - make sure it is really red beryl and find out whether they have been treated. Knowing the two will make a huge difference in valuation.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe as an occasional wear 18k YG pendant?

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
alexah|1403030371|3695104 said:
waka22|1402970263|3694658 said:
Anyone know anything about bixbite gemstone I have two, I need to know how much they are worth one 1.3 ct and the other .045 ct, can anyone help me out

Litnon just posted a Red Beryl Bixbite (untreated) of 1.26ct for $3450 FWIW: http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=10126

How good quality of a bixbite is this? Curious as I've been interested, but do not know enough how to judge quality for colored stones. Hoping more experienced colored stone enthusiasts will comment.

Kroshka

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Niel, thank you for putting that up! I just bought it. Have been looking for a green chryso for ages & from the video, this could be it. I saw the Multicolour one some time ago but the window would bother me. I haven't looked at stones lately because I have no willpower & really want to get some stones set. Great job, huh? :D But if this is as good in hand as it looks, I'm delighted!!

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
thank you TL

very nice!!

now please go to my size thread in hangout and put yourselves in. I need data.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1404257803|3704830 said:
Niel, thank you for putting that up! I just bought it. Have been looking for a green chryso for ages & from the video, this could be it. I saw the Multicolour one some time ago but the window would bother me. I haven't looked at stones lately because I have no willpower & really want to get some stones set. Great job, huh? :D But if this is as good in hand as it looks, I'm delighted!!

--- Laurie
Awesome. I thought the green was very striking.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Pics when it arrives. I'm excited! Been looking for just that kind of stone for ages & ages!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1404300105|3705107 said:
Pics when it arrives. I'm excited! Been looking for just that kind of stone for ages & ages!
--- Laurie

JF,
You bought the green 2 ct cushion chryoberyl?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yep! From Gemrite. Hope it's as good as the video looks!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1404492622|3706759 said:
VirginiaZee|1404349796|3705618 said:
Yeah I saw that an expected it to be snapped up right away. But still there.
I wonder why?

I'm guessing it is the fuzzy quality of the photos, and the fact they only depict the stone inside the gem box through the glass/plastic lid... looks to be great color but the pics do not show anything re: cut quality or clarity, and the listing description only provides carat weight/dimensions and color info.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
From the blurry photos it looks to have nice colour. I wonder if it has an orangey modifier irl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results