shape
carat
color
clarity

Some of my older gems with newer pics or better macro

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
sorry diamond in here too. posting garnets in a sec

mystuffzyay.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
ok so i put 984392843 fingerprints trying to angle it right...diamonds are way easier to photograph...no colour seems to come out right...this looks dark and it is neon/canary like though Barry did say it was hard to photograph back then. Anyways tmw if it is sunny I will try to change them and practice my skills some more :/

teamali.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the updated pictures. Yes, diamonds are MUCH easier to photograph. I find that natural lighting brings out the best in the gemstones so you can get more accurate colours to show up in the pictures. Don''t use direct lighting. You can shade the gem with your other hand or place something like an unbrella over it to diffuse the sunlight.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Some SUN shots...well sorta...getting a bit better....Very dirty now :/

Picture 433.jpg

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Last one..photo practice is over....next gem more practice!

Picture 44900.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look much better than the first few pictures. Good work!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the setting you have your diamond in. I also really really like the earring setting, I think it matches a ring I have. Are the earrings Garnets?

Lovely pendant, what type of stone is it?

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Stone Hunter: Mali garnets on the earrings 5mm (Barry cut them and had some left over setting for me). Tourmaline from Barry which is 9mm by 7mm (just under 2 carats I think) if I remember right in a 20 dollar ebay setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I like that so many people are trying to get better pictures of their gemstones. Lovely!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY....thank you for the AWESOME photos!!!
36.gif

Lori

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty! Your pics look great! I love your ering!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results