shape
carat
color
clarity

Small drop of color arrived in the mail today

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
So I couldn't resist and ordered this little 5mm sapphire some time back from Litnon (on the day that it was posted). I'm not very good at reading color but I figured...why not. XD; At 45 dollars, it wasn't all that much (and shipping here is relatively cheap from here, so conducting a return would've been relatively hassle free for me). Anywho, I did receive it in the mail today and took just that one handshot.

Vendor's picture

40557.jpg

My picture

2013-03-09_16.jpg

I think this picture is fairly accurate on my monitor in terms of what I'm seeing IRL indoors for color. More closeups as soon as I figure how to take them...

So...how did I do? Opinions appreciated, since I'm still a newbie ^^; Also, setting ideas would also be appreciated since I now officially have no idea what to do with it. XD I was thinking maaybe just a plain solitaire or a three stone ring with pink sidestones? (I'm a huge fan of the blue/pink combo)

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Yeah, I thought it was the perfect description too; its really a bright blue IRL.

Hmm, I totally would consider that setting :) Thanks for the suggestion!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! Such a beautiful drop of color..truly like a drop of the ocean!! A tiny stacker would be perfect for it I think ::)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this around 0.6 carats? I presume it is heated? I think $45 is a reasonable price. For the size, it makes an excellent stacking ring.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Chrono: approximately 0.6 carats, yes. It was sold to me as traditional heat only. I think I might go the stacking ring route- but since I don't ever wear more than one ring per finger, it'll have to serve as a rather cute solitaire- not that it can't do as a solitaire though!

Pandabee: Thank you! :) I consider it more as something really blue. Like I said above, I think I might go with the stacking ring route.

Marcy: Thank you :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a multi-stone ring instead of a traditional 3 stone ring?

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Chrono: that might be a possibility, but I often find myself going for more classic settings, so I might have to think about how it'll work out...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results