shape
carat
color
clarity

silver smith and colouredstones

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
who works with silver? I've contacted sally at heartofwater, and I know danielm seems to be going through some difficulties orders (as far as I can tell from a recent thread). any suggestions?

I'm looking at bezeling and possibly milgrain with a rope band. tia!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mastergoldcraft on etsy works with silver I believe. I communicated with him a few times on a gold project, but have had no work by him personally, though he has had many great reviews.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Sony, I'm bumping this because I'm also interested.
Anybody? :wavey:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Kyleannemetals on Etsy for simple bezels (I don't think she does any prong work). Otherwise, you've already hit my go-to people (Daniel M and Sally). I've also heard good things about yvonneraley (also on Etsy), though I haven't used her.

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
I've used Yvonne Raley a few times, and she does excellent work and responsive. The only piece that I've commissioned from her that I currently own is a ring, and the work on it is excellent. the only time I commissioned a bezel from Yvonne was a pendant for a close friend's engagement and it was very well done as well. HOWEVER, I don't think she takes outside stones as a rule.

I've used Deb Blazer of Blazerarts once as well to set a topaz I won from Uli's ebay auctions. I'm happy to say that she was very communicative despite running into some minor issues while setting and the price she charged me was very fair for the amount of work she put in.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I also especially recommend Sally of Heart of Water and JanishJewels. Great work with silver.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
just an update so far:

madelynn of onegarnetgirl doesn't take customers' stones, and Sally of HoW is bothrresponsive and lovely but I'm still soliciting quotes!

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also can vouch for Sally's work and Yvonne's work. Bezel's are perfect and seamless from Janishjewels and LindaBlumelStudios! Here is a custom bezel Linda did for me. All the pieces from her are very smooth and polished.

il_157.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mariedtiger said:
I also especially recommend Sally of Heart of Water and JanishJewels. Great work with silver.
+1 for Sally from me. She is currently working on 7 projects for me (4 rings and 3 pendants). :o :o wow, I just realized I might have a slight CS/bling problem.. :razz:

I would say Sally and Pomme put as much love and care into their silver pieces as she does her gold pieces, despite the cheaper material.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42 said:
+1 for Sally from me. She is currently working on 7 projects for me (4 rings and 3 pendants). :o :o wow, I just realized I might have a slight CS/bling problem.. :razz:

I would say Sally and Pomme put as much love and care into their silver pieces as she does her gold pieces, despite the cheaper material.

wow, mochiko! I think I'm veering towards Sally - she does very beautiful work and really I'm just waiting for my mind to make itself up. Is there a thread on those coming beauties?! I'm VERY interested!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonyachancs|1407383754|3727687 said:
mochiko42 said:

wow, mochiko! I think I'm veering towards Sally - she does very beautiful work and really I'm just waiting for my mind to make itself up. Is there a thread on those coming beauties?! I'm VERY interested!

Slightly OT: I don't know where you are based, but for me, it's also a plus that Sally is based in Thailand. She really understands and sympathizes with the situation for non-US buyers, and her shipping is super fast. Never had any problems with her thus far.. (compared to working with some sellers in the US who I also really like, but are hesitant/less experienced about working with buyers outside the US. Also, the USPS sucks and is very slow. Once, they sent my spinel to Honduras instead of Hong Kong before.. :o But I've never had problems with the Thai EMS / courier service.

I've written a little about some of the pieces Sally is working on for me here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-choose-settings-for-my-new-stones.203896/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-choose-settings-for-my-new-stones.203896/[/URL]
She's also working on setting my AVR (diamond) in a lush lotus rope band and a couple other smaller pieces which I haven't written about yet. :) :) Shhhh, don't tell my husband :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results