shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver Blue Violet Oval Burma Spinel Halo

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's lovely. I do like Gemcal for their very reasonable prices. I have a spinel that is similar in color and size to yours, and I love it so. People mistake it for a lavender diamond...depends on my mood as to whether or not I choose to correct them!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
a beauty indeed~ :bigsmile:

T

talamasca

Loving both the gem and the setting :D

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. I like this color, very light. The stone is very clear and bright, and the halo is nicely made! Did you send it to them, or just gave the measurements?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1307200049|2937680 said:
ZestfullyBling|1307191311|2937602 said:
Its one thing to read and research that spinels have the highest refractive index than any natural gemstone, being closest to the diamond. Its another thing to actually SEE it!! Kind of mind boggling!!

Actually, there are a few gemstones with a higher RI than spinel and some higher than diamond, like sphene, demantoid, natural rutile, sphalerite, cerrusite, but they are really too soft for jewelry wear. Spinel is great in the fact that while it's still dispersive (in the violet and lavender hues), it is very durable and hard. I also like that your stone appears to have a nice crown, (can't see the profile view, but would love to see that too), which helps with the dispersion and brillance. Congratulations on what is a wonderful and well thought out project. :appl: Spinels can be addicting, I must warn you!! :Up_to_something:

Thank you TL! :)) So spinels have the durability and great dispersion!!! Cool!!! Best of both worlds! 8) :))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1307289488|2938336 said:
It's lovely. I do like Gemcal for their very reasonable prices. I have a spinel that is similar in color and size to yours, and I love it so. People mistake it for a lavender diamond...depends on my mood as to whether or not I choose to correct them!

Thank you Freke!!! Gemcal does have reasonable prices and beautiful gems. Yes the lavender diamond thing...I get that as well. I just go along with it...what the hay. 8-) Its kinda cool! I bet you have some wonderful shots of it too. I'd love to see photos of yours one day. :appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1307369262|2938885 said:
Beautiful. I like this color, very light. The stone is very clear and bright, and the halo is nicely made! Did you send it to them, or just gave the measurements?

minmin and talamasca thank you for your kind words!

Crasru thank you so much for your comments! To be honest, they did not have an auction for this semimount. I emailed them photos of what i wanted with the measurements needed. But I took it to my B&M and the halo was made to small. So i emailed jewelryhoo, mailed my gem and the semimount back to the together, and a week late I received what you see here.

I did upgrade the diamonds and gold as recommended buy so many on PS. Im absolutely OverJoyed with the results! They did a superb job and easy to work with.

Thanks for looking!!!! :)) :))

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
La fabulosa.......from every angle.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
ZestfullyBling|1307381428|2939055 said:
FrekeChild|1307289488|2938336 said:

Thank you Freke!!! Gemcal does have reasonable prices and beautiful gems. Yes the lavender diamond thing...I get that as well. I just go along with it...what the hay. 8-) Its kinda cool! I bet you have some wonderful shots of it too. I'd love to see photos of yours one day. :appl:
Oh I wish! It's a very shy stone and while it's amazing IRL, on camera it just looks terribly drab. I haven't tried it with my new camera...perhaps one day...

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
OH EM GEEEEEEEEEEEEE Zest, that looks SO perfect on your hand. I'm droolin'
Beautifully done. And thanks for posting more pics!

kt

Shiny_Rock
oh, I love the delicate color!!! It's a beauty of a ring... :love: Must go check out Gemcal now....

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
texas Thank you for your lovely comments!!! :D

Freke- Hey, you never know...the new camera may bring out the best in the spinel ;)) . You have such an amazing collection of blues, blue/greens and violets. Your new blue/green Namibian tourm ring is TDF!! :love:

Rox-Your words are so sweet and encouraging!! Thank you for looking! ;))

kt- Im sure you'll enjoy your visit. They have a great selection of gems. Thank you so much for your comments!!! :bigsmile:

I appreciate everyones encouraging words so much!! Thank you for looking!!!! :D :))

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
I simply love your violet oval burma spinel. The halo is gorgeous. I think they did a wonderful job! Were you nervous about
sending the stone to China? My biggest stress would that it gets lost, etc.

Congrats on a beauty! I keep going back and looking!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kimber418|1308595886|2950341 said:
I simply love your violet oval burma spinel. The halo is gorgeous. I think they did a wonderful job! Were you nervous about
sending the stone to China? My biggest stress would that it gets lost, etc.

Congrats on a beauty! I keep going back and looking!

Thank you for the the kind words Kim, :)
I was very nervous to send my gem to them. But I read some PS forums where others had success so i took a leap of faith. I had a big "whew" (sigh of relief) when I received it in the mail. Im just glad the end result was a successful project.

purplemelody

Rough_Rock
It looks gorgeous on you! The purple spinel looks really sultry, as someone has said previously.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ZB: It is so beautiful on your hand that I was really surprised to see it up for sale...I hope you reconsider unless you are sure its the right thing to do. On the other hand, it means some lucky soul could score your beautiful ring :naughty: :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results