shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your NOT Blue Sapphires!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One day, I would like a pink and/or purple sapphire. In the meantime, I shall ogle at everyone else's lovely stones.

DK :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
colorluvr: That pinks has such gorgeous saturation! All your goodies are cool, and it's great to see a green one, so rare!

livannie: That one has great saturation, very nice!

canuk-gal: Those earrings are gorgeous, they turned out so beautifully!

LD: Your secret stash of goodies is awesome! I am in lust over your color changers especially! A bicolor color changer? That's just amazeballs! :love: :love: Want, want, want!

Marlow: Great change on those, remarkable.

Catmom: Want earrings, please send asap! :D

NKOTB: I love the delicate colors on yours, especially the pink, and I love that setting!

Sonyachancs:
I'd love to see more pics of your green, if you have them. Maybe start a thread? I've been looking for a green stone, and it's remarkable how few are out there.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I'm loving all the pretties on this thread! Great idea. =)

Here's mine, from Gene. She's a bit shifty, but oh-so-purple indoors.

_25741.jpg

_25742.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gayani1|1420158152|3810632 said:
wow.catmom's sapphire is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you gayani1!!!

Oh and iLander, sorry but I think I will keep them. :lol:

Divad

Rough_Rock
We're big fans of the funky colors you sometimes find in Montana sapphires. Here's the Montana sapphire that was cut from the rough in our profile pic to the left (aka the goldfish sapphire). It was cut by Steve Wallner and the specs are 6.8 X 6.8 X 4.7 mm, 1.56 cts, and the design is Electron Brillian by Fred Van Sant. Steve put the orangey-yellow blob in the culet which makes the whole stone look yellow when you look straight down on it:

This last pic is a bit blurry, but it shows you how the denim blue starts to appear when you look at the stone from an angle rather than straight down on it:

(If this stone looks familiar it's because it used to appear in a now-deleted post.)

goldfish-crop1.jpg

goldfish-crop2.jpg

goldfish-angle1-crop.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this goldfish stone!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Divad: So great to see the evolution of Goldfish from his "bowl" to his final finery. Truly a beautiful stone.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Divad|1420226965|3810968 said:
We're big fans of the funky colors you sometimes find in Montana sapphires. Here's the Montana sapphire that was cut from the rough in our profile pic to the left (aka the goldfish sapphire). It was cut by Steve Wallner and the specs are 6.8 X 6.8 X 4.7 mm, 1.56 cts, and the design is Electron Brillian by Fred Van Sant. Steve put the orangey-yellow blob in the culet which makes the whole stone look yellow when you look straight down on it:

This last pic is a bit blurry, but it shows you how the denim blue starts to appear when you look at the stone from an angle rather than straight down on it:

(If this stone looks familiar it's because it used to appear in a now-deleted post.)

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

WOW!!!!!!! Mr . Wallner did a fantastic job and I am def. jealous!!!! :shock: :shock:

Congratulation!!!!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
VirginiaZee|1420226148|3810955 said:

A bit shifty.......This is a Color Change!!! Gorgous!!!

Is the daylight color really greenish??

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marlow|1420232175|3811010 said:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

WOW!!!!!!! Mr . Wallner did a fantastic job and I am def. jealous!!!! :shock: :shock:

Congratulation!!!!

+1000!!!!!!!!!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Marlow said:
VirginiaZee|1420226148|3810955 said:

A bit shifty.......This is a Color Change!!! Gorgous!!!

Is the daylight color really greenish??

For some reason my camera is picking up green that isn't there IRL, and adding more grey. Outdoors it's an (only slighty grey) violet blue color, which doesn't want to come through in the photo. :rolleyes:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SILs yellow.

uploadfromtaptalk1419646241711.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1419646263916.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
iLander said:
Sonyachancs: I'd love to see more pics of your green, if you have them. Maybe start a thread? I've been looking for a green stone, and it's remarkable how few are out there.

iLander, shot a couple for you - it's a bit tricksy to photograph my sapphire - it blacks out in fluorescent, it is very pale in sunlight, and it's under somewhat cloudy indoor lighting that I see my favorite colour. but I love it - I think the chunky facets really help to make it more interesting.

blacking out somewhat here:
dsc09670_1.jpg

pale-ing the colour out:
dsc09677_1.jpg
dsc09680_1_0.jpg

close to my favorite colour:
dsc09672_1.jpg

and this is the vendor's photograph (jeff davies - which isn't wrong oer se, but the colour isn't nearly this saturated - his videos are more accurate), you can see my favorite colour above is very close to his photograph:
sapphire_5.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr|1419960436|3809623 said:
Thanks for the nice compliment livannie. I forgot that I had a couple of photos of my 2.71 ct purple unheated sapphire from Jeff Davies - lousy photo, but gives you an idea. It's a shifter and can go toward blue, but looks purple under most lighting.

I finally got some better photos of my purple sapphire. Not perfect, but better :wink2: It's such a pretty stone, but it's not heavily faceted so my past photos made it look flat. It's got great luster IRL.

_25758.jpg

_25759.jpg

_25760.jpg

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!!!!! (bookmarking this page for future inspiration)

Light pink sapphire in halo (ya'll are probably tired of seeing it!):
img_7314.jpg

small pink pear sapphire: img_7660_cr.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander: Thanks for starting this thread - what an excellent idea for a thread. :))

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
My yellow sapphire. About 6 cts. I have a large green sapphire I need to dig out and photograph. This is not the best picture but it will do.

_25775.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Gem Queen|1420350802|3811588 said:
My yellow sapphire. About 6 cts. I have a large green sapphire I need to dig out and photograph. This is not the best picture but it will do.

VERY nice! I'd love to see a close-up shot of your ring :appl: :appl: :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

This stone is amazing! So unique.

Here is my bi-coloured sapphire - blue and pinkish lavender in some lights, blue and white in others. The lavender is more prominent IRL and any black is reflected from my iPhone. :)

I would love to add a pad, purple and parti bicolor sapphire to my collection one day!

_25803.jpg

_25804.jpg

_25805.jpg

_25806.jpg

Divad

Rough_Rock
Wow, your bicolor sapphire is gorgeous!

AlexPark

Rough_Rock
3.50ct pink and ruby star sapphire

_25870.jpg

rubystarsapphire.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ricezo, I agree your bicolor sapphire is lovely and the ring as a whole is gorgeous. But I honestly think you could put a lump of coal on your hand model hands and it would sing!

ETA: Alex Park: your ruby looks very pretty - is it translucent at all? Nice star. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results