shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Diamonds by Lauren pieces!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I've been searching around for rings by DBL, and thought it would be good to start a thread compiling all the PS pieces from David. If you know of a preexisting thread, please post it here. I'll start below.

Thanks,
Preg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes':
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pink-ladies-from-diamonds-by-lauren.168233/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pink-ladies-from-diamonds-by-lauren.168233/[/URL]

"I had a lovely Argyle pink I had picked up from Leibish. I knew I'd need a double halo so it would have presence on my hand and to that end I picked everyone's brains here at PS [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-set-this-wee-guy.160976/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-set-this-wee-guy.160976/[/URL] and gave poor David quite a bit of agita. I must have emailed him like a hundred times trying to decide how to set it :errrr: Eventually I spotted a ring/semi mount on his website http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount-ring-beautiful-hand-made-double-halo-in-platinum-and-18k-rose-gold-with-pink-diamonds-uber-ring-so4056 that I fell in love with and I asked him to make the exact same one for my diamond! I got my ring yesterday and I am over the moon :D It is mad sparkly and the whole effect is distinctly pink."

DBL_abe1.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have the ring pictured in this montage any more because I upgraded to a loose stone (a chameleon that rocks my world!) from DBL but I do have my heart DBTY necklace.

U-V colour diamonds.jpg

Diamond yellow DBTY Necklace5_1_1.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have owned quite a few DBL rings! I'm down to one at this point in time but that's due to me. I spent a few years figuring out what my preferences for jewelry actually are so I currently only own my ER which I will never get rid of! It is their Hal 1 setting. The photos below actually represent my stone in it's initial temp setting, the underwire by DBL and then the reset into the Hal 1.

er 2.jpg

er 1.jpg

er 3.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The next one is another incarnation of the Hal 1, but very different! This one was rose gold with pink melee and a center stone which was brown in bright like and yellow in indirect light, a very cool ring! Unfortunately it drove me bananas to have two rings in the "same" setting and I found myself never wearing it so I traded it in for another ring which you'll see up next.

ph 1.jpg

ph 2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Last but not least, my former sapphire ring. I traded in the pink halo ring towards this, and I miss this ring after selling it :( If it had been a purple stone, I never would have parted with it. The colored stone learning process can be a hard one! This was a beautiful light blue cushion cut 4ct! stone in their double baguette setting, very nice and sturdy ring. I got so many compliments on this one and I'm sure whoever has it now does as well!

saph 1.jpg

saph 2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine were all cast but they were cast and assembled, not cast as one piece. I have gotten to know David pretty well over the last 5 years and he is a very honest man. You can be frank with as to what you expect in craftsmanship and he will let you know if they can deliver. They craft rings ranging from fully cast to completely hand made. I have seen hundreds of their pieces, in real life as well as online, they are very capable.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Apart from my pink double halo ring up top, I also have this hot pink sapphire halo ring :lickout:

And I know this is not a ring, but I have these gorgeous pink diamond hoops as well :appl:

I adore David. He's clearly very passionate about FCDs and his company does exquisite work. I also like that he is very patient and does quite a bit of hand-holding on the phone. I get compliments on my DBL pieces all the time :love: You can't go wrong with a DBL piece!

sapph1.jpg

sapph4.jpg

hoops2.jpg

pinkhoops4.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My FLY is from david but I had it set at WF...in retrospect now I think I wish I had David set it with the double halo tiffany setting - I think it is called solitce or something similar.

.93FLY4.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover, thank you for explaining more about what to expect. Good communication is really important to me on a custom project, and it's great to know that DBL provides that. I may just take a trip to NYC to see the quality of the rings based on the manufacturing process. I love the ring in your avatar, and the proportions on the sapphire ring are really nice.

Rubyshoes, your pieces are really beautiful. It's a good sign that you and many others have several pieces from DBL.

Sarahbear, that FLY is stunning.

All the FCDs on PS have obviously gotten to me :love: .

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1327176904|3108369 said:
LD, AsscherhaloLover, stepcutnut, thank you for posting your beautiful pieces! What do you think of the workmanship? Your rings look very nice in the pictures. Where they cast or hand made? I noticed that they offer different methods of manufacturing:

CAD/cast?:
http://diamondsbylauren.com/DBL_DesignYourRing.shtml

Hand made:
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/categories/ultra-high-line-hand-made-uber-jewelry-from-dbl

Of the 7 rings from David-I had 3 custom made and the other 4 were purchased from his website, of which, I believe all were custom made as well. All are of wonderful quality/workmanship! David has also set a few stones of my own for me and those are impeccable as well!!! I am wearing 2 of my DBL rings today(my 3 stone asscher ring and my 3 stone ruby/diamond ring)-both I have had several years and wear often. They have held up very well!!! David takes great photos, but all of the pieces I own from DBL have looked even more gorgeous in person-so if you can stop in and see the pieces you are interested in, you won't be disappointed! Good luck with your decision :)

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've got more than a couple rings from David over the years . . . they can do some wonderful things! Most rings have been custom made with stones from DBL. I have to say David is very patient during the design process. I'm not easy to work with because I have to see the actual pieces or pictures of the different aspects before I can commit to a design (I'm not good at visualizing in my mind how it will look). Even so, we managed to create some lovely pieces that I'd be happy to share here.

First up:

1.01 ct. Oval, L, Faint Brown, VS1, in Rose Gold and Platinum

ovalpink.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Next up:

1.27 ct. Marquise, D, SI2, in Platinum (custom design)

Marquise 127 A.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another one:

1.29 ct. Square Emerald, F, SI2, with Pink Diamonds in Rose Gold and Platinum

129 EM E.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And another:

1.61 ct. Radiant, Fancy Light Yellow, VS2, with Yellow Gold Prongs in Platinum

Radiant161r1800a.jpg

Radiant161r1800b.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One more:

1.70 ct. Old Mine Brilliant, Fancy Light Brownish Yellow, VS2, with Deep Yellow Diamonds, in Yellow Gold and Platinum (custom design)

r2866b.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results