shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your bicolor gems

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Tourmaline - Ametrine etc.

Would like to see your beautyful bicolor gems and jewels!!!

Tourmaline

pink-blue Sapphire from Winza - Tanzania
0,69 ct

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread idea! Marlow, I love your collection of bi-coloured tourmalines!

Here is my sapphire. It's a bright blue and white in direct sunlight and blue and lavender in diffused and fluorescent light. I love it!

I'd like to add an Australian parti sapphire and ametrine to my collection one day.

_24495.jpg

_27326.jpg

_27330.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I know that parti sapphires and ametrine are pretty common but I want something spectacular. Here are my inspiration pics!

_27719.jpg

_27720.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: @ Marlow's bi-colour Tourmalines!!!

Thanks for sharing.

DK :))

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo|1425805764|3843692 said:
I know that parti sapphires and ametrine are pretty common but I want something spectacular. Here are my inspiration pics!

:love: :love: :love:

This is what I want to seeeeee!!!!

Top cutting and quality!!!

The sapphire in your ring is cool too!! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo,

The cut of the ametrine is amazing!

DK :love:

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Bi-color zoisite. The greenish line seems to move up and down the stone when you move it, and the line also looks silver at times too.
Please ignore the ugly fingers! They look much better from far away, lol. I gave up on a career as a hand-model long ago. :lol:

_27722.jpg

_27723.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:
I never realized how beautiful bicolor gems are. The colors. :love:

_27726.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Molly, those stones are drop dead GORGEOUS. :love: That cut is :shock: :love: :love: :love: .

osirisgems_0.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Uli's Liquid Flower cut is perfect for bicolor and strongly dichroitic gems. Ametrine is THE gem material course you get the large sizes of rough or some boring checkerboard he recuts.

I have seen both LFs in real - a picture don't justice the beauty - you have to play with them. The tanzanite ( a Mardi Gras - violettblue and green) was an impressive blocky rough from a well known american dealer spec. in rough gems. Not cheap but this stone was outstanding....

He offers some new bar cuts - great in ametrine too.

I have a large yellow golden scapolite - bought the rough and he cut a LF - 7 ct....

Maybe I make a group shot with Uli's cuts I bought so far...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1425817569|3843743 said:
Yes, Uli's Liquid Flower cut is perfect for bicolor and strongly dichroitic gems. Ametrine is THE gem material course you get the large sizes of rough or some boring checkerboard he recuts.

I have seen both LFs in real - a picture don't justice the beauty - you have to play with them. The tanzanite ( a Mardi Gras - violettblue and green) was an impressive blocky rough from a well known american dealer spec. in rough gems. Not cheap but this stone was outstanding....

I have a large yellow golden scapolite - bought the rough and he cut a LF - 7 ct....

Ooh yes, pretty please! That would be amazing! :love:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1425817569|3843743 said:
* * * I have seen both LFs in real - a picture don't justice the beauty - you have to play with them. The tanzanite ( a Mardi Gras - violettblue and green) was an impressive blocky rough from a well known american dealer spec. in rough gems. Not cheap but this stone was outstanding....
Yes, I wrestled with my common sense self, and wallet, over the Tanzanite Liquid Flower; the fact that someone else purchased it brought an end to my prolonged dithering. :(sad

Oooh, I'm sure I'm not the only who would love to see that!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a couple of watermelon tourmalines, but no pics of them.

Does this count? It goes from blue to green at the tip. It's a 9 carat indicolite tourmaline I am dying to set. It's from Brazil.

_23644.jpg

_23645.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The cutting is awesome ( the color too :love: ) - what is it??

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1425822447|3843771 said:
The cutting is awesome ( the color too :love: ) - what is it??

Thanks Marlow, it's a bicolor indicolite. I bought it several years ago at a gem show. All I know about it is that its from Brazil.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1425822787|3843773 said:
Sorry - my bad english.

The cut - what is it...?? :D

I think they call that a millennium cut, but don't quote me on that. If you do a google search on "millennium cut tourmaline," you'll see tons of examples.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
MollyMalone|1425816468|3843736 said:
Neither of these are mine, and both are now sold, but I love the way Uli Zeisberg's (http://www.osirisgems.com) Liquid Flower cut shows off bi-color and tri-color stones:

I never realized anything so so beautiful existed OMG I so want want want :appl: :appl: :appl:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
O.K. a bit of topic...

Some of my gems Uli cut...

The chrysoberyl has a MUCH better color in real life - my best cut and one a the best colors I have - but I my camera is not able to show it.

A small namibian demantoid and a golden east african zircon and of course the big scapolite LF....

My advice - Uli has bought some beautyful colored swiss smoky quarz - untreated and ethical sourced - swiss mineral collector - so called "Strahler" find awesome mineral specimen but some with damaged tips - a perfect material, not to dark and with a very good price/quality ratio.

Nice for a large daily wear ring for example...

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1425825310|3843785 said:
My advice - Uli has bought some beautyful colored swiss smoky quarz - untreated and ethical sourced - swiss mineral collector - so called "Strahler" find awesome mineral specimen but some with damaged tips - a perfect material, not to dark and with a very good price/quality ratio.

I got an untreated Brazilian quartz from him for a real bargain from his ebay store auctions in one of his phase star designs (a while ago). Its really lovely, and the colour shifts mostly between greyish brown, brown and a nice orange. I love how it flashes those colours. I never knew quartz could be so shifty. He called it smokey citrine.

I'm enamored with your little demantoid.

Love everyones bi-colours, thanks for sharing.

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Everything is so beautiful!!! :appl:

That liquid flower cut is fabulous - I'm really drawn to it. :love:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1425830050|3843820 said:
When did you buy it???

I don't remember exactly. I think around the beginning of 2014. He sold a few similar pieces on his ebay before I got mine. It looks like this but a different cut and in some lighting it shifts to a dominant orange colour. Btw, I got this image from his website and he also calls it smokey citrine. I would take a few photos of the shift but right now I can't.

rauqua39__1_.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I know this material!

I saw you posted the stone ( your first post ) - btw the 13 phase star is one of my favorite cuts.

You want to become a GG?? I started as a teenager too so maybe this would be interesting....

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1425834165|3843839 said:
Yes, I know this material!

I saw you posted the stone ( your first post ) - btw the 13 phase star is one of my favorite cuts.

You want to become a GG?? I started at a teenager too so maybe this would be interesting....

Ah yes I forgot I posted it before, else I would have linked you to that thread. It's kinda embarrassing reading though that again because I was nervous making my first post, but whatever. I love the cut-- when you look down at it it looks like it never ends, if that makes sense.

I would definitely like to learn gemology, in some way or another. :) As of yet, I don't want to be in the trade in the future -- but who knows.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
You should do it - it is remarkable what you post. :appl:

BUT KNOW BACK TO BICOLOR GEMS!!!!!!! SHOW SOOOOMMMEEEE :)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1425836961|3843864 said:
You should do it - it is remarkable what you post. :appl:

BUT KNOW BACK TO BICOLOR GEMS!!!!!!! SHOW SOOOOMMMEEEE :)

Thanks, that's very kind of you to say.

Yes, I didn't mean to derail the thread. I'd love to see PSer's bi coloured gems.

Honestly, bi coloured gems are my favourite when they're crystal specimens. There is someone who posted a lovely watermelon tourm crystal here not too long ago but I can't find it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results