shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Yvonne Raley and Cecile Raley Designs!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for adding your beautiful photos! Katharath, it is really interesting to see those earrings- it is hard to imagine pieces like that on the ear, I am so far too scared to venture there, but they are so beautiful. What are your plans with the diamonds? Gorgeous! Very interesting Vietnamese spinels, too! Beautiful. I had not seen your opal pendant- truly stunning.

Limosun, thanks for sharing your spinel ring, as well- great color, and nice blingy ring!

Sungura, your collection is awesome!!! I love your collages, as well. I was wondering if you'd post, of if you minded if I posted, the individual collages to see the details better- Which do you wear the most? Or do you rotate? Your Paraiba pendant is just tdf. And you know how much I love your purple garnet pieces. Can you put your peachy spinel next to your Paraiba melee and tell me what you think of that combo? You have a great eye for color and what goes... I never did decide what to do with mine, but I am hoping to figure it out by summer, as I love the beachy coral color.

Mochico, thanks for sharing your pieces- gorgeous! I adore that pendant. And I will pretty much be stalking CS to see what you do with the Paraiba- omg that color combo!

Acinom, I can see you rocking a large oval camellia, like lilmosuns moonstone.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko was hoping you would post the emerald pendant...so gorgeous...and katharath, I have wanted to do an earring project since seeing your spinel/diamond ones (will also need to go back and find the story on the beautiful opal pendant).

I think it speaks to Yvonne's work that so most of us have done multiple projects with her. Working with her has become a mini-addiction for me over the past year. I was trying to get another project going over the weekend, but as I was figuring things out, someone bought the stone both times :wall: Hopefully we will see them here on PS.

Edited to add: mochiko just noticed the pink spinels and paraiba you purchased...that combination was one of the two projects I was discussing with Yvonne (although a different paraiba). Guess I should buy first and think later, lol. I will live through you until another paraiba appears. Hope you keep us posted.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Adding some more of my pics! My 'Sungura' sunflower ring and earrings. And a round tourmaline I have yet to set. Finally, the original unseated sapphire I purchased from Katharath that she purchased from Yvonne, starting my whole fancy. That sapphire is just a favorite; it just always is pretty, no matter the light. My sister wears it often!

_36440.jpg

_36441.jpg

_36442.jpg

_36443.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apacherose!!! I love love love your newest pics!! What a collection.

The Raley designs seems to automatically evoke a smile on your face because of the fabulous and bold colour combinations and the flower themes.

Leelasingh: what a fabulous ring. This thread is dedicated to Yvonne Raley designs though.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
New Yvonne Rings!

For my mom: You might have seen this ring on her site, it turned out to be much brighter and colorful IRL! My mom is getting older and needs a 'pretty' ring : ) Rose gold with blue sapphire, pink garnet, and blue zircon. Much brighter than I was able to capture in photos.

For me: a Two Flower Ring, yellow gold, with hauynite and yellow sapphire. I LOVE how this turned out! Such a fun, sparkly yet casual, and wearable design. I might need to get another with different stones! :naughty: Here's a photo of both, to show the difference in gold color.

img_11318.jpg

img_11319.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Paraiba stuff from Yvonne - this has been posted on the Paraiba thread but for the sake of keeping things organized will post it here too :) These are Yvonne's pics:

Here are the paraiba earrings showing the glow - spinels are not really showing up at this angle.

il_289.jpg

il_290.jpg

img_11320.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful work, Desertrose! I just love the colors. I also think you are obviously a lovely daughter for making your Mom jewelry! ;))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh these pieces are heavenly, I love the delicate work and the saturated, brilliant colors at play. Thank you for sharing! :love: :love: :love: :love:

TeaGlutton

Rough_Rock
I recently got engaged, I wanted one of Yvonne Raley's rings as my engagement ring. It's untreated alexandrite and untreated purple sapphire, in 14k white gold. These stones are very hard and will stand up to daily wear. I have been in love with alexandrite for a long time, and together with sapphire, the color (in daylight) resembles my favorite flower, Doritaenopsis Kenneth Schubert (a kind of orchid).

LED flash from camera
img_0346.jpg

candlelight (tea candle!)
img_0365.jpg

black light, it flouresces!
img_0372.jpg

I have not been able to capture the daylight color, but it's stoplight green instead of the lime-y green of LED light. She listed the color change as "not strong", but frankly, it mesmerizes me. :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TeaGlutton|1459821141|4015503 said:
I recently got engaged, I wanted one of Yvonne Raley's rings as my engagement ring. It's untreated alexandrite and untreated purple sapphire, in 14k white gold. These stones are very hard and will stand up to daily wear. I have been in love with alexandrite for a long time, and together with sapphire, the color (in daylight) resembles my favorite flower, Doritaenopsis Kenneth Schubert (a kind of orchid).

LED flash from camera
img_0346.jpg

candlelight (tea candle!)
img_0365.jpg

black light, it flouresces!
img_0372.jpg

I have not been able to capture the daylight color, but it's stoplight green instead of the lime-y green of LED light. She listed the color change as "not strong", but frankly, it mesmerizes me. :)

WOWZERS! That is seriously one heck of an alexandrite! And the sapphire is crazy with the flour! You must be over the moon! Congrats, and it looks excellent on you!

PS. orchids are my favorite flower, and I love the reference to that color

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you MinousBijoux! I may not have always been the best daughter, but I'm trying to make up for it now :angel: :lol:

Thanks Moneymeister - yes, Yvonne's work is very refined. At first I thought it was too delicate, but I am finding that I reach for it all the time, and really appreciate the high quality.

So beautiful TeaGlutton! So is the outer ring the Alex, or the center stone? I have never seen good quality alexandrite, and would love to see some in person!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teaglutton - congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring. I love color change stones :)

desertrose - love all your color combinations, especially love the hauynes with the yellow sapphire. My first camellia ring with Yvonne started as a way to use my hauynites and I wanted a bright yellow center stone. We searched for the right yellow (and size) for what seemed like months. I drove Yvonne crazy. Finally gave up and went with the paraiba cab...but now your mother's ring has me wanting again.

TeaGlutton

Rough_Rock
lovedogs said:
WOWZERS! That is seriously one heck of an alexandrite! And the sapphire is crazy with the flour! You must be over the moon! Congrats, and it looks excellent on you!

PS. orchids are my favorite flower, and I love the reference to that color

Thank you! Orchids are awesome, I have a sizeable collection of those, not so much glittering gems. :)

Desertrose said:
So beautiful TeaGlutton! So is the outer ring the Alex, or the center stone? I have never seen good quality alexandrite, and would love to see some in person!

The outer ring is the alexandrite, it changes colors with different lighting in the photos, the center stone is a purple sapphire. I find myself constantly looking at my ring whenever the lighting changes, it's really fun. :)

lilmosun said:
Teaglutton - congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring. I love color change stones :)

Thank you! :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Teaglutton what an unique engagement ring, congratulations!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
So many lovely new items since I last checked in here!

Desertrose - LOVE those paraiba pieces, those dangly earrings are crazy bright in your pic! Yvonne's new hexagon eternity ring is so pretty too. So sweet for you to get for your mother.

Apacherose - I really love that sunflower ring with the larger center stone, it looks so great - you have a ton of beautiful Yvonne pieces now!

Tea glutton - wow!! That's such a unique engagement ring, and I love color change stones - I really love when ladies use a CS for their engagement rings too :). Congrats on your engagement!

Loving gems - such a great color combo, and a lovely take on Yvonne's existing ring design with the marquise cut. Beautiful!

Congrats on all of your beautiful pieces!!

Lilmosun - TY for your compliment on my earrings at the top of the page! Sorry I missed replying sooner. Have you given any more thought to doing a pair for yourself? I have to admit, I was never a fan of dangly earrings for myself; I love the way they look on others, but I always wore/preferred studs. However, I have to say that Yvonne does a great job making gorgeous dangly earrings that are also very easy to wear, lightweight, and comfortable. I have two pairs of danglies from her now and love to wear them.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1459884963|4015820 said:
Have you given any more thought to doing a pair for yourself?

I opened this thread because I saw your name on it and was hoping you had more eye candy and instead saw myself get called out :shock:

...and caught...because, not only have I been giving it thought, I actually bought a pair of pears from her recent new neon stock.

mahenge_pears.jpg

I was going to make the earrings in her petal pear setting with some combination of hauynites and diamonds...but I just realized that your earrings that I've longed for use pears :think: Anyway, I have some time to think as I need to finish my paraiba ring and then save for these (with two of everything, it adds up).

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teaglutton I love your ring! I would love to see more daytime pics of it. I also have Doritaenopsis (now Phalaenopsis) Kenneth Schubert and it is that colour!
Gorgeous neon pears Lovinggems!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lilmosun|1459905020|4015957 said:
katharath|1459884963|4015820 said:
Have you given any more thought to doing a pair for yourself?

I opened this thread because I saw your name on it and was hoping you had more eye candy and instead saw myself get called out :shock:

...and caught...because, not only have I been giving it thought, I actually bought a pair of pears from her recent new neon stock.

mahenge_pears.jpg

I was going to make the earrings in her petal pear setting with some combination of hauynites and diamonds...but I just realized that your earrings that I've longed for use pears :think: Anyway, I have some time to think as I need to finish my paraiba ring and then save for these (with two of everything, it adds up).

Those are GORGEOUS!!! Oh, I've been so tempted by her recent mahenge parcel, but I'm trying not to buy a single thing until I set some of my other stuff...

Your pears would make amazing earrings, you should go for it (when you can)!! Make my exact same style earrings if you want, I don't care, lol - I didn't invent it, I got the general design idea from another Yvonne fan (it was Julie, I can't remember her PS ID off the top of my head though). I think she was the first to make earrings in that style. Mine use Burmese spinel pears, but honestly, your mahenge pears look nicer than my Burmese pair, I'm jealous. I did get a pair of the baby pink Vietnamese spinels that Yvonne got from Tucson this year, but I haven't done anything with them yet. (They were expensive enough to be mahenges, lol. But they have a beautiful baby pink color and what's so nice about them is their saturation/lack of gray).

I look forward to seeing your paraiba ring, too!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it means a lot to have your approval :) Which reminds me, the paraiba ring is your fault too....I was looking for something to do with the pink spinel melee you talked me into buying :tongue:

Can't wait to see how you set your new spinels! Lucky for my bank account that I don't wear soft colors well although I am so tempted to go that way whenever someone posts a beauty here. I am finally starting to sell things I don't wear but its so hard! I will have to watch for your sales as you do know how I envy your collection.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous neon Lilmosun!!! Those pears will be amazing as earrings.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lilmosun I love your choice!

TeaGlutton

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone. :)

ilovegemstones|1459910722|4015996 said:
Teaglutton I love your ring! I would love to see more daytime pics of it. I also have Doritaenopsis (now Phalaenopsis) Kenneth Schubert and it is that colour!

I am having a hard time getting a good picture (smartphone this time around), the colors still end up different. I can kind of get the "glow from within" with the alexandrite, but the stoplight green (glow-y blueish green) isn't entirely there.

img_20160406_120751.jpg

img_20160407_131135.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking for a nice kornerupine (dichroic green-blue) for a quite awhile. All I see are the brownish ones. I found a nice one once and while I was asking the vendor a question, it got bought and I've been kicking myself since for hesitating.

So when I saw these in Yvonne's shop today, I jumped on it despite my promise to not buy more until I get some of my projects done :shhh:

konerupine_4mm_pair.jpg

I haven't been this excited since I found my affordable Luc Yen cobalt spinel.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats lilmosun I went to that gem show specifically to see the vendor with the kornerupine. I got a nice largish Trillion. I'll take a picture later

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see yours Sungura...any ideas for setting?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mtsapphirelovingannie|1461170110|4021712 said:
I have a white gold Rosette style ring with purple garnet, spinels, and hauynite.

Wow, what a lovely ring! I love all of these Yvonne pieces, she is masterful at combining colors in just the right way :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone has such lovely pieces. There is not one ring or stone posted that I would not love to own. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results