shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Lavender/Periwinkles!!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I hope this is ok for me to post as I don't own this one, however I've recently been discussing this same family of colours (violet/lavender) with Jeff White, especially after seeing that amazing sapphire in the most recent scoop! :love:

This is a really lovely lavender sapphire in a good size that is available - clearly this remains in a (quite nice) native cut and hasn't received the precision treatment from Jeff, who I understand prefers to keep this one this way. I personally can't afford to show her a good home just now, however I figured this thread may have folks who would be keen to adopt such a pretty gem! :rodent:

sap041.jpg

sap041_hand.jpg

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
I love this thread! Although I'm a novice at taking pictures, here is my contribution. Here are my second and third attempt at purchasing spinels…..the first one turned out too dark. I think I'm getting better though. :twirl: I rather like them both! The last gemstone is a lovely amethyst (vendor's pic) that will be on it's way to me in a few days.

screen_shot_2014-06-30_at_7.png

20140630_0.jpg

20140630_1.jpg

693c_large.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
are the second and third pictures of the amethyst or a different stone?

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
The second and third pictures are of the same spinel that is in the first image. The last picture is the amethyst. Here are more shots of the amethyst.

693b_large.jpg

693d_large.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, gotcha. Who is the spinel from?

Pretty amethyst-Doug is such a nice guy!

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
Yes! Doug is such a nice man and so helpful for a gemstone newbie such as myself :) The spinel came from Jerry at Gemart Services.

purplegirl

Rough_Rock
My old and new lavenders/purples. The 2nd and 3rd from the top in the grouping are the most recent. Cut by Dana at Mastercut.

20140703_175153.jpg

20140703_174739.jpg

20140703_174916.jpg

20140703_174625.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering who bought the Maytal setting @bling_dream19, that ring is going to be beautiful, can't wait to see it!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering who bought the Maytal setting @bling_dream19, that ring is going to be beautiful, can't wait to see it!

Oh thank you Stephanie! I bought the 2 ct spinel not knowing how to set it and then saw this gorgeous setting to fit the dimensions of the spinel and was just thrilled. I'm really excited and can't wait to see it too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
20191106_092524.jpg

This is a beautiful lavender spinel and Maytal hannah setting, both bought preloved, and is at David Klass being set and sized for my right hand. I can't wait!

Ooooooh @bling_dream19! I don’t know how I missed this! It’s gorgeous! The ring is so pretty! I can’t wait until you get it!
I‘m trying to find a 8mm natural stone..and having the hardest time..Do you mind sharing where you purchased the spinel?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20191106_092524.jpg

This is a beautiful lavender spinel and Maytal hannah setting, both bought preloved, and is at David Klass being set and sized for my right hand. I can't wait!

@bling_dream19, this is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous color and I love that MH setting :love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh @bling_dream19! I don’t know how I missed this! It’s gorgeous! The ring is so pretty! I can’t wait until you get it!
I‘m trying to find a 8mm natural stone..and having the hardest time..Do you mind sharing where you purchased the spinel?

Oh thank you @Mamabean I bought it preloved on loupetroop from a wonderful PSer. I just looked on my email thread with her to see where she purchased from and we didn't talk about that. I think it was on the original loupe troop listing. I will try to find it there.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh thank you @Mamabean I bought it preloved on loupetroop from a wonderful PSer. I just looked on my email thread with her to see where she purchased from and we didn't talk about that. I think it was on the original loupe troop listing. I will try to find it there.

Hi @Sunshinelab do you remember where you got your gorgeous lavender spinel that I am now the lucky owner?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20191106_092524.jpg

Wow this is purplelicious @bling_dream19 :kiss2: So soft and pretty and calming. And gorgeous setting too. I LOVE it!:appl:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Sunshinelab do you remember where you got your gorgeous lavender spinel that I am now the lucky owner?

Her original post is on 8/26 in the preloved by sunshinelab I think maybe the 24th and if you scroll down you'll see the pale lavender spinel. Maybe she has more? Thanks for helping @Sunshinelab

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Missy!! I love light colors sometimes and youre right it is a calming stone. I'm sure you can find @Mamabean the perfect stone she's looking for as well!

Haha @bling_dream19 @missy was going to find me a new zircon because of my IG zircon fiasco...I’m not looking for a zircon anymore..That ring and stone has sailed. I need to find a stone for my previous engagement ring setting. It’s a shallow setting..so trying to find a gem to fit in there has been a challenge.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha @bling_dream19 @missy was going to find me a new zircon because of my IG zircon fiasco...I’m not looking for a zircon anymore..That ring and stone has sailed. I need to find a stone for my previous engagement ring setting. It’s a shallow setting..so trying to find a gem to fit in there has been a challenge.

@Mamabean Remind me please what gemstone are you most interested in for that setting?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy!! I love light colors sometimes and youre right it is a calming stone. I'm sure you can find @Mamabean the perfect stone she's looking for as well!

I really really love this color and it is going to look just gorgeous on you with your complexion and coloring. :kiss2: It is the color of contentment and peace and joy and a very soothing color.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Remind me please what gemstone are you most interested in for that setting?

@missy I’m looking for a replacement for the setting I had Libby in that was like a cocoon..It is so low that I can only go a hair over 5.08 in depth. 8mm or a smidge/hair higher or lower is ok too in width.. Most gems are deeper.. I put the blue topaz in it that measured 7.8mm because the depth was less than 5. I would like to get it 7.8mm to 8.07mm to be safe. Libby is a bit bigger than 8.07 but I’m worried about that depth..I would love a light gem. I don’t like deep saturated blues..I would love a gray spinel or light blue something..The blue topaz is too inexpensive for that setting..It was $40 from Mastercut Gems..I wanted to see what size fit..:wall:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Heres my lil' contribution:

A periwinkle Ceylon sapphire @approx. 5.8mm purchased a few weeks ago from desertrose.

These pictures reflect accurately on her color in person:

Screenshot_2019-12-28-00-45-58~2.png
Screenshot_2019-12-28-00-45-50~2.png

Shes currently being set by DanM in a simple YG trellis ring with diamonds to create a three stone. The picture he took doesnt show the accuracy of her color at all but gives a good impression on the 3stone design.

I'll post the finished ring on this thread soon!

icm_fullxfull.241839327_7pj5ozcpnf8cw8csskkk.jpg icm_fullxfull.241838911_cydnko1xcdck8kogwg4g.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results