shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
There are so many goodies here. I just like, like, like looking at all these pictures.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
knowsjoe|1360635778|3377986 said:
Here's 3 more from Daniel M.
I am just wondering, what is the cut for the white stone ring? What kind of stone is it?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Love that design, RandomlyChaotic!

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
I'm in talks with Daniel and Caren currently over the following :)

DBTY style single bezel necklace (rose gold and silver)
DBTY style single bezel bracelet (rose gold and silver)
Martini style bezel earrings

And a custom ring which I'm wondering if they could create from a combination of these two designs:
http://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/52022477??
http://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/48889322??
Basically I had NO idea what I wanted the setting to be, but I adore the profile of the ring on the first link, but am wondering if the halo can be miligrain(?) detailing like in the second. I also love the little bit of detailing down the sides of the band. The halo would be rose gold and the band silver.

So far I've been quoted for the necklace and/or bracelet, but the price confuses me a little compared to other examples of their bezel necklaces. Perhaps someone who's had a custom order of a bezel necklace could pm me to chat about their design and whether they used their own stones or something? I don't know the policy on talking about cost of pieces.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
In my experience the price is more than you see online. Not considerably more, but still. If you talk about gold, I think it starts from 450... based on quotes I've got. With milgrain it is going to be more. With detailed work, like split shank, bezel, milgrain. Bezels are more in price. You can't really see the price of the sold items from etsy pictures.
The quote for DBTY prices closely resemble Tiffany prices, without the cost of diamonds.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nicely done, Wyntery!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Wyntery

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Movie Zombie! It arrived on Friday and it is gorgeous! The gold is a really buttery colour and the colours of the amethyst and spess together for some reason remind me of pansies. I'm very happy!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I puffy heart purple and orange - especially with "buttery gold" lol! :cheeky: :love:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
NexivRed|1375199645|3493102 said:
I'm in talks with Daniel and Caren currently over the following :)

DBTY style single bezel necklace (rose gold and silver)
DBTY style single bezel bracelet (rose gold and silver)
Martini style bezel earrings

And a custom ring which I'm wondering if they could create from a combination of these two designs:
http://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/52022477????
http://www.etsy.com/uk/transaction/48889322????
Basically I had NO idea what I wanted the setting to be, but I adore the profile of the ring on the first link, but am wondering if the halo can be miligrain(?) detailing like in the second. I also love the little bit of detailing down the sides of the band. The halo would be rose gold and the band silver.

So far I've been quoted for the necklace and/or bracelet, but the price confuses me a little compared to other examples of their bezel necklaces. Perhaps someone who's had a custom order of a bezel necklace could pm me to chat about their design and whether they used their own stones or something? I don't know the policy on talking about cost of pieces.
Some time passed by, did it work out for you? Any final product available yet?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I put mine up a while ago in its own thread, but here it is again. Steve Wallner (Westview Gems) peachish tourmaline. I'm very late on taking my own pics -- these are Caren's & IRL it is peach, not brown.

Thinking about another project: I have 9 2-mm princess Montana sapphires...

(vendor pic: they really don't have a purple tinge)

...that I'm considering having Dan & Caren put into a shared-prong part-eternity band, maybe alternating 3 sapphires, 2 diamonds same cut & size, 3 sapphires, 2 diamonds, 3 sapphires. Rose or yellow gold.

--- Laurie

il_74.jpg

il_75.jpg

2_mm_montana_0.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1378859352|3518318 said:
I put mine up a while ago in its own thread, but here it is again. Steve Wallner (Westview Gems) peachish tourmaline. I'm very late on taking my own pics -- these are Caren's & IRL it is peach, not brown.

Thinking about another project: I have 9 2-mm princess Montana sapphires...

(vendor pic: they really don't have a purple tinge)

...that I'm considering having Dan & Caren put into a shared-prong part-eternity band, maybe alternating 3 sapphires, 2 diamonds same cut & size, 3 sapphires, 2 diamonds, 3 sapphires. Rose or yellow gold.

--- Laurie

Yes and Yes!!!

I love your peach tourm ring (great proportions) and I cannot wait to see your next project, as I love me some sapphires! :cheeky:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Me too, Minou, & thanks! Bought them a couple years ago to use as melee but their lovely denim-blue selves get overwhelmed by any center stones I've tried them with, or just aren't the right color to make a ring pop. Suddenly bethought me of an eternity & Dan & Caren, so will see what they say. Can't wait too!

--- Laurie

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Nice ring! Did Daniel M designed it?

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
I've finally had the funds I've been waiting on (whoohoo!) so I can get to work on my first project. I'm going to be shipping my little 20 point diamond off to Daniel M to have it set in a rose gold bezel on an argentium silver neck chain. Very excited :D I'm still trying to decide on whether to have the bezel plain and smooth, or to have milligrain detail on it like on one I think belongs to another PSer.

Also on a side note, what sort of post/insurance should I be using to send a diamond from the UK to the US. Never done anything like that before so just wondered what method other people used?

Edit: Seems Blue Nile do a necklace extremely similar except the chain is white gold instead of silver. But this is what I'm looking to have made :) I want it much shorter though, with the diamond sitting in the hollow of my collar bone. I chose a rose gold bezel because my skin is super pale and hopefully it'll make the little diamond stand out well against my neck. http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-necklace-14k-white-rose-gold_37645

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! Should be nice & delicate & feminine.

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
alice87 said:
Nice ring! Did Daniel M designed it?

Thanks, Alice. Actually, I kind of designed it. Saw this ring on their website:

And asked if they could do it in yg, eliminate the bezeled diamond on the side & substitute a row of melee. I was really pleased with the way it came out. Had been looking for a couple years for the right setting for that stone -- which is really a peach-ish color, not brown, and this is exactly what I wanted. One of these days I'll take pics of it in all of its peachy goodness.

--- Laurie

il_170x135.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
It is a very very nice ring. You were wondering about single or double row of diamonds too, right?
I think the result is wonderful! Thank you for clarifying.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
maebelle|1297285169|2847900 said:
Frekechild, I didn't realize til now that your silver spinel ring in Daniel M's shop is what I asked for when I got my sphene.

sphene.jpg
spinel.jpg

Maebelle - is it possible for you to post a hand shot with this ring on? thanks!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Frekechild, i am wondering if you have this ring, could you post a handshot too? I have an asscher stone in
Mind, and this setting of yours seem to be good. But i would really appreciate seeing the top view. Is it possible? Thank you!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering again, if these two are the one..

sphene_daniel_m.jpg

sphene_daniel_m2.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I just received my champagne diamond bezel pendant from Daniel M. I bought the diamond on LT a while back, it's .68ct wonky pear cut with a huge culet. And a very *interesting* color, yellowy-browny-greeny-ish. I had it set in a rose gold bezel with silver chain. The rose gold seems to have brought out the green component of the color more.

il_fullxfull_506577932_fc5k.jpg

il_fullxfull_506577948_kq7x.jpg

il_fullxfull_506577956_eatb.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
MustangGal|1382552454|3543025 said:
I just received my champagne diamond bezel pendant from Daniel M. I bought the diamond on LT a while back, it's .68ct wonky pear cut with a huge culet. And a very *interesting* color, yellowy-browny-greeny-ish. I had it set in a rose gold bezel with silver chain. The rose gold seems to have brought out the green component of the color more.

Pretty! :appl: :appl:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning diamond pendant! I just love how it looks all together in the setting. :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
alice87|1381683566|3536985 said:
Frekechild, i am wondering if you have this ring, could you post a handshot too? I have an asscher stone in
Mind, and this setting of yours seem to be good. But i would really appreciate seeing the top view. Is it possible? Thank you!

Funny you should say you have an asscher in mind. Sorry that I dont have a traditional handshot, but this is kind of close? No longer belongs to me, but absolutely gorgeous all the same!

I do have a bunch of handshots of the spinel though.

dscn1818.jpg

dscn0260.jpg

img_0726_freke.jpg

img_1565_freke.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Frekechild, thank you! I have a stone for few months now, and I asked for a quote, it is more expensive than the u-prong one, so I was really-really curious to see how it looks before ordering it. Thanks again!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem! Glad I could help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results