shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your current CS projects!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to see what everyone is working on right now - jewellery being designed, stones being set etc. Please share your projects!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I'll get the ball rolling with my projects:

1. My Precision Gem green tourmaline is finally being set into a simple yellow gold cathedral style solitaire ring. I saw the cast today and love it, the ring should be ready in a week.

2. 1.61ct London blue topaz cut by Jeff Davies and purchased from a follow PSer is on its way back to Jeff to be set in a white gold diamond halo ring. The stone is a beautiful medium-dark to dark teal blue. My camera isn't picking up the green in these photos.

_26764.jpg

_26766.jpg

_26767.jpg

_26765.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
One more shot of the topaz, this is more representative of the colour in real life

_26768.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ricezo those gems are stunning! Not working on anything right now, just dreaming and looking forward to viewing everyone's projects.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I never do things in the right order, I bought a bunch of 18k settings in hopes of finding beautiful stones like ricezo's. The jeweler was retiring, so the prices were too low to resist. I mostly set stones in rings and my mother was saying I need some pendants - so I included one pendant setting in my haul that I thought would be a fun to actually plan what I want and then acquire stones for:

settingspendant.jpg

Not a project by PS standards, but for an impulse buyer like myself, it will need to qualify lol.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
LisaRN|1423276908|3828569 said:
Ricezo those gems are stunning! Not working on anything right now, just dreaming and looking forward to viewing everyone's projects.

Thanks LisaRN! I love seeing all the projects here too! So many beautiful stones and creativity!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun|1423285381|3828618 said:
Since I never do things in the right order, I bought a bunch of 18k settings in hopes of finding beautiful stones like ricezo's. The jeweler was retiring, so the prices were too low to resist. I mostly set stones in rings and my mother was saying I need some pendants - so I included one pendant setting in my haul that I thought would be a fun to actually plan what I want and then acquire stones for:

settingspendant.jpg

Not a project by PS standards, but for an impulse buyer like myself, it will need to qualify lol.

Limosun I love that pendant! My BF recently gave me some beautiful chains but I don't have any pendants to wear them with! Great job getting all of those settings at a good price. I find that's half the struggle. I look forward to seeing your future stone acquisitions and rings!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo - beautiful projects! I love those colors. :) Ever since my Dad gave me a pendant with a blue topaz when I was eight, I've loved that blue above all others. Can't wait to pictures of you wearing that wonderful green of the tourmaline.

I'm still waiting for my Finewater purple sapphire to be set. :loopy: I also have a Welo opal pendant coming from Sally, but (bad Priscescoper) no pictures.

fwsapphire2_3.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun - that is such a classy pendant. I love how the rectangular and round shapes enhance each other. What would be your dream gems for the pendant?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you're setting the topaz, ricezo! :) I can't wait to see your setting for the green tourmaline too: yellow gold is so special and timeless, but we don't see it often enough here on PS! :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall have my Jeff Davies Aquamarine set by the end of March 2015, CAD already approved, just need to find the pennies for the setting:

jdaquaps8147.jpg
aquaringcad_03.jpg

I hope this classifies as a project: re-sizing my mum's Ruby diamond cluster ring so that I can wear it again. I have not been able to wear it for the past 10 years, and was not too bothered about it as I have another Ruby in a halo that I can wear for dressier occasions. However, when my diamond EC was away to be re-set for 2 weeks, I needed another ring to wear for a hen do and remembered the Ruby cluster, and decided to have it re-sized as I love that ring ever since my mum bought it home many years ago.

clusterrubydiamondring.jpg

I would like to have this RDF Amethyst from Jeff Davies to be set in a simple bezel setting with a chunky band, however, it may have to wait if I were to get a blue/green Tourmaline about 2-3ct from Gene :Up_to_something: :

jdrdfamethystmj130.jpg

Lastly, I have a project with Jeff White for a 17mm approx. Danburite to be cut this year, and it will take up a big chunk of my bling budget. :))

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread Ricezo!
I am looking forward to see your tourmaline set. The wait is almost over! And what a beautiful topaz. I have a topaz in the works too at Gene's.

Would love to see your settings Limosun. Great challenge to find the right stones for your settings and lovely pendant.

Oh, Mariedtiger. Your jeweler takes his time... But it will be worth it and jewelry projects should not be rushed.
I love love love that Finewater stone.

Jeff's aqua will shine in that setting DK!
And aaaah... You will love your future green tourmaline from Gene. The color and cut will be amazingly beautiful.
I love the dreamy color of that Rose de France Ammy.
And as always you are quite the busy bee with a mega Danburite coming up. How will you set that big stone?

BE is currently working on a simple setting for my Amethyst
I returned the moonstone and the green/grey/blue tourmaline.
I am waiting for a blue topaz from Gene to be cut. It will be set by Victor.
And next month my green Paraiba will be shipped to a jeweller to be set.

_26776.jpg

_26777.jpg

_26778.jpg

_26779.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see everyone's projects to be finished so that I can ogle at them! :naughty: :love: :bigsmile:

Acinom,

The Danburite is big enough to be a clasp for pearls, and I have high hopes that it can be set so that it can take 1 large strand of Tahitian and SSP (buy new if I can afford to do so as I would love to have a strand of blues and a nicer strand of SSP, otherwise I shall convert my existing strands instead), or two smaller 7-8mm strands of white metallic Freshadamas from Pearl Paradise (that is one of my holy grail for pearls). This is a (very) long term future project for certain, as I would need a very big piggy bank! :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Teknorpi

Rough_Rock
Working on an unheated sapphire ring from Wild Fish. 2.8 carats. Dichroic - blue from top and yellow everywhere else.

This will be a present to my wife who just became a mother to our beautiful son.

_26807.jpg

_26806.jpg

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1423311476|3828676 said:
I would like to have this RDF Amethyst from Jeff Davies to be set in a simple bezel setting with a chunky band, however, it may have to wait if I were to get a blue/green Tourmaline about 2-3ct from Gene :Up_to_something: :

jdrdfamethystmj130.jpg

Oh DK, I am glad to see that a PSer got that RDF amethyst! I adore the cut on it, and had meant to bid on it, but then life got all kinds of crazy and I forgot.

Can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

I purchased so many gemstones last year being in full on kid-in-candy-store learner phase. Now I am trying to slow down on gem purchases, and get some of them set. Trouble is I am having major indecisiveness about what to do first...so no projects actually in the works yet, but lots of browsing settings, playing with gemstones in different combos and with different metals, and note making and sketches. This morning I took a bunch of time considering prong type for a Gary Braun cut rhodolite I bought off of LT that is destined to become a solitaire ring. A couple days ago I was stewing about a pear shaped Welo opal that I got from Jeff Davies, and all I know so far is pendant, oxidized white or rose gold and vintage style...

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
marriedtiger What a beautiful sapphire! It will look beautiful in that setting, I love the half bezel look! I hope to own a purple sapphire one day, actually I hope to have one in every colour!

mochiko I was hoping you'd see my post! :wavey: I love the teal blue, not too dark at all. I am hoping to also set the two spinels (and the zircon and the aqua!) but one project at a time! I think the pink spinel would look amazing in a halo and I may be getting the purple one set into a pendant for valentines day. :D

DK you always have so many fun projects on the go! I am looking forward to seeing your stones set! I love your mum's ruby ring, it is stunning and huge! As much as I love finding stones and designing the settings, some of my favourite pieces have been handed down to me by family. Also, I hope you get that tourmaline from Gene!! :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom Thank you, I am so excited to finally wear my tourmaline ring!! :mrgreen:

Your amethysts are beautiful, the perfect shade of purple. Will the two rounds be earrings one day?

I'm very excited to see your topaz from Gene, I have no doubt that it will be stunning!

Do you have any design ideas for the Paraiba? I would love to have one of my own one day.

Teknorpi Congratulations on the birth of your son! That is one amazing sapphire, so unique! More photos please! I love stones that are a little different. :love:

EvangelineG I know exactly how you feel! I purchased so many stones last year too and the problem is that I hate them sitting in my jewellery box unset. I'm now on a mission to set as many as I can! For me, half the fun is playing with the gems, seeing how they look in different lights and searching for setting inspiration. I look forward to seeing your projects unfold in due course! :wavey:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love seeing projects in the works! I've got two asschers to set in rings and an opal to put in a pendant and that's all the farther I am in it. Sadly.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently purchased pieces/ completed projects:

Emerald and ruby earrings in 18k YG + basic stackers in silver (chalcedony, aqua and chrysophrase)
uploadfromtaptalk1422452466182.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423300921013.jpg

In the works:

Not CS but I'd like to share it anyway because CS is my home forum! :naughty:
Engraving and final touches on my 1.72 OEC with French cut sides in platinum from Love Affair Diamonds (setting design by LAD but made by CvB)
image5_copy.jpg

Loose stones /upcoming projects
These are all in the planning stages... Somehow my 2015 list has expanded exponentially in the past two months........ :devil:

- Barry Congo amethyst - just received it yesterday. It's quite a bit darker than the gems I normally purchase, so I'm probably go with an open setting so that it can be as bright as possible ... maybe a pendant? I'm a bit stumped at the moment on what to do with it. It does have pretty flashes of red and purple even in low lighting, but I'm still wrapping my head around a medium-dark stone..
- Barry Congo green tourmaline. Just purchased on Friday, so I haven't received it yet. Not sure how I will set it.
- Yvonne Raley Mahenge spinel cab. I just bought this today so I haven't received it yet. It was on sale at a reasonable price. If I like it in person, it's probably going into a solitaire ring by Sally. :)
- Pear chrysoprase from Carey Robbins. It's going into a bezel YG pendant.
- Doug Menadue pink Afghan tourmaline. It's going into a rose gold tabbed prong setting with tapered baguette sides that I will have Sally make.
- Silky yellow-green chrysoberyl from Mastercut. It's going into a 18k YG bezel setting, design still tbc.
- Rose de france amethyst (hexagonal cut) and two small silvery lavender Vietnamese spinels. Going into a dangly bezel pendant.

t-1348g_2024_detail.jpg
am-1325g_1470_detail.jpg
il_570xn_118.jpg
chrysoprase2.jpg503a_large.jpg
chryso1.jpg
2015group.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
my turn! :dance:

1. finally made the plunge to plate my ering - I think I will be happier with it!

dsc09672_1.jpg

2. asking for a quote to set my 10 chrysoberyl in a wedding band (not including the two pears) - I'm really liking the garland style

img_2697.jpg

(like this, but with my chrysoberyls for the bigger stones)

ab27501400_hero.jpg

3. I have to set my aquamarine, too

dsc09906.jpg

and I'm thinking a combination of these two settings:

il_66.jpg
file-5.jpg

4. and last, these two topaz I bought from JD needs to go in a bezel setting, but I can't decide how!

unnamed_38.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stones and ideas. sonyachancs and mochiko - love the chryso's as its on my wish list. And mochiko, your finished pieces are to awesome. I wish I felt confident enough to do a real "project" but don't have the eye for it at all :(sad :(sad

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful additions to this thread! :appl:

Packrat - looking forward to seeing your asschers set. I've seen a few floating around PS lately, now I want one too!

Mochiko - you have a beautiful collection there! Can't wait to see your projects unfold! Your OEC ring is gorgeous!

Sonyachancs - I love your idea for the chryso ring, it will look magnificent! And I love both settings you posted for the Aqua :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1423407631|3829304 said:
Acinom|1423312663|3828682 said:
Glad to see you got your cabochon amethyst!

Thank you Preg :wavey:. Hope I love it when I see it with my own eyes. Any progress on yours?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1423346809|3829016 said:
Acinom Thank you, I am so excited to finally wear my tourmaline ring!! :mrgreen:

Your amethysts are beautiful, the perfect shade of purple. Will the two rounds be earrings one day?

I'm very excited to see your topaz from Gene, I have no doubt that it will be stunning!

Do you have any design ideas for the Paraiba? I would love to have one of my own one day.

Teknorpi Congratulations on the birth of your son! That is one amazing sapphire, so unique! More photos please! I love stones that are a little different. :love:

EvangelineG I know exactly how you feel! I purchased so many stones last year too and the problem is that I hate them sitting in my jewellery box unset. I'm now on a mission to set as many as I can! For me, half the fun is playing with the gems, seeing how they look in different lights and searching for setting inspiration. I look forward to seeing your projects unfold in due course! :wavey:

Thank you Ricezo! The little ones will indeed be earrings one day, but I will save some funds first 8-)
I received some great advice in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-setting-for-acinoms-green-sugarloaf-paraiba.207964/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-setting-for-acinoms-green-sugarloaf-paraiba.207964/[/URL]
And this is the setting I have chosen:

_26839.jpg

_26840.jpg

_26841.jpg

nojs

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure if this qualifies, but since you asked :D :D

This is a ring I have been working on over the weekend. It is not finished. I have yet to finish the "pavé" and set the center stone. I haven't yet decided which stone I will set as the center. If I can't find a better one, I'll set either the tanzanite or the green tourmaline picture below. I made the body of the ring and bead set six 2,5 mm pink sapphires (3 on each side). The problem was that the sapphires weren't calibrated and I didn't have exactly right size drill head, so it was quite challenging :)

This is my very first stone setting project ever (on a ring) so please have mercy on me :D :D

It is much easier to fully appreciate the work of masters once you have tried it yourself :D

img_6914.jpg

img_6916.jpg

img_6917.jpg

img_6918.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1423408619|3829308 said:
pregcurious|1423407631|3829304 said:
Acinom|1423312663|3828682 said:
Glad to see you got your cabochon amethyst!

Thank you Preg :wavey:. Hope I love it when I see it with my own eyes. Any progress on yours?
No progress yet. Thanks for asking.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1423358591|3829114 said:
basic stackers in silver (chalcedony, aqua and chrysophrase)
uploadfromtaptalk1423300921013.jpg

Mochiko, I love your projects! Can you tell us who set your stackers? The bezels look perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results