shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your cabochon pieces!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologize if this thread exists already (if so, could you please link me? The search engine has me in despair).
I would love to see your cabochon pieces or inspirations!

Here's a ring from my favorites folder, and a moonstone froggie from Hearts of Water

jadeite.jpg

frogster2.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
My spinel & tourmaline earrings from Andrew Sarosi

kiz-asearrings3.jpg

My little cat's eye alex
kiz-alex1.jpg

My chalcedony & amethyst earrings
378331291_4b45f89606_o.jpg

My milky aqua ring
kiz-aquaring.jpg

Not sure if this counts as a cab... Peruvian blue opal with inclusions
kiz-opal2.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
MTG, have you ever bought or know anything about the vendor that sells that ring?

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
here r 2 of my cab items-moonstone pendant & bi-color tourmaline pendant....steve....

010.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
Kismet, the alex cat's eye is cute! just curious - what's the size of the cab?
i really like your milky aqua too! is it a medium blue colour? i've been looking out for one but those i've seen are kinda pale-coloured and tend to be a bit too gray-ish for my liking.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
these r alex catseye-the 3 stones in the center-steve...

036.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Zzz said:
Kismet, the alex cat's eye is cute! just curious - what's the size of the cab?
i really like your milky aqua too! is it a medium blue colour? i've been looking out for one but those i've seen are kinda pale-coloured and tend to be a bit too gray-ish for my liking.

Umm, I think the cat's eye is 5x3 but I don't recall exactly. As for the milky aqua, I would say it's more medium-light than medium but it's definitely greyish too.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Megeve, I love those chalcedony earrings! Love! :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
MAGEVE; Where did you get that pearls with dragonfly necklace?

I'm green with envy =)

You should post that in the PS Pearls forum, it's so boring there its tumbleweed, tumbleweed . . .

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
m76steve said:
here r 2 of my cab items-moonstone pendant & bi-color tourmaline pendant....steve....

Steve, those moonstones are beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Zambian amethyst cab earrings. The cabs are from Dana at Mastercutgems. I'm attaching a picture of the loose cabs, including a larger cab that is not set yet. The larger cab has even color and no inclusions and I'm holding out for a very nice setting. Notice the mixed light, with the reflection of the lamp and the window on the side, and after the light has passed through the gem on the left. One is blue and the other reddish. This is stunning material.

Zambiancabs8735.jpg

Ammyear9156.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tsavorite cab from Dana set into a pendant. The pendant is 18k red gold with green gold trim and a small champagne accent diamond.

Tsa8506.jpg

TsavPendant9282a.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Is it ok to post pieces that belong to other PSers?

I love the color on this one. I apologize, I didn't save who it belongs to.

amethyst sugar loaf ring_stone from swala_set by quest jewelers.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking at jadeite cab rings since jade is something that is pretty much never faceted, heh. And the cabs are often oval.

I found some different looks.

R188-1.jpg

R246-3.jpg

R255-4.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Megeve: That's a gorgeous pearl and blue chalcedony set. Are they from Cartier by any chance? The exact same necklace is on display at my local Cartier store except the chalcedony is purple instead of blue. The little dragonfly on the clasp/pendant is really cute.

AN

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Yes that must be Cartier. I actually took a photo of it when I went by the Cartier store in Stanford Mall; it was in the window. It is gorgeous!! This looks like the exact same necklace. Very beautiful!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my cabochon rings, a star rose quartz, a small but enjoyable star sapphire with a sharp star and an aqua amethyst combo.

mariecabochonnr1.jpg

mariecabochonnr2.jpg

aquaringmarie.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for reminding me how nice cabochons are MTG. Lots of lovely examples - I think the frog and moonstone go so well together.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG: What a great thread, thank you! I am a sucker for simple, elegant oval cabochon rings and I love every single one of those jadeite rings you posted. Can you attribute them?

Thanks,

-Minou

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Minou, they were just images from a google search..

Hey MariedTiger! How big is your star sapphire? I'm starting to worry the new star may be too small even though it's my perfect size for faceted stones.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some examples from Hearts of Water, I'm really liking the emerald one but I without the diamonds.

il_430xN.171160881.jpg

il_430xN.60790361.jpg

il_430xN.105280016.jpg

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
My only 'set' cabochon...a sapphire ring that I just love to bits.

I'm not sure of its origin, other than it's vintage, but I do suspect the centre isn't original to the ring - but still, it's gorgeous anyway!

It's a 6mm centre sapphire cab - which is very glowy in real life - surrounded by a cluster of single cut diamonds, that measure about 2mm each, set in 18k white gold, with engraved shank.

I have some other cabs, but nothing set into anything as yet. One of my favourites is a pink sugarloaf tourmaline that I got from Rick at Artcutgems - not an expensive stone, but just like a soft gumdrop pastille sweet!

P8301315.jpg

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here are some neat blue and white cabs that I've had in the past. That one star sapphire shows multiple stars because I had taken the picture under multiple point light sources in order to show that effect as well as to show the depth of translucency of the stone. I think that the aqua was my favorite though, darn thing was as large as the end of my thumb. Check out the background on the white star sapphire. That's a little fossil leaf plate that I found in the mountains around here. The perfect color for a background I think.

Blue-white cabs.jpg

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
Fly Girl said:
Zambian amethyst cab earrings. The cabs are from Dana at Mastercutgems. I'm attaching a picture of the loose cabs, including a larger cab that is not set yet. The larger cab has even color and no inclusions and I'm holding out for a very nice setting. Notice the mixed light, with the reflection of the lamp and the window on the side, and after the light has passed through the gem on the left. One is blue and the other reddish. This is stunning material.

the colour of your amethyst cabs are lovey!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
MTG,

My star sapphire is tiiiiiiiiiiny, just tiny. I think about 4mm. What I've noticed about it, is I enjoy wearing it anyway, because although it is just translucent it has great (although pretty typical) body color. It's a very beautiful pinkish purple when the star doesn't show and a more pink when the star shows. I've been astounded about how often I wear it, although it's small. I can't wait to hear what you think of yours! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results