shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this?? -emerald beads

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
is this a good deal? actually, have you guys heard anything about this website or have purchased from it? i'm reeeeeeeeeeeally tempted....some of their other pieces look cute too, but i know the quality is probably really cruddy...but what aobut these??

what ARE emerald beads? are they legit? oi, i don't know anything.. :( :(

http://www.diamondshark.com/p-1567-...56&utm_campaign=sharkbitekmd&utm_source=email

the deal is only for the next like 20 hours or something so quick reply would reeeeeeeeeeeally help me!! :D :D

thank you!!

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
Well emerald beads are beads made out of emeralds. They are legit. Very often the quality of the emeralds is not good and that's the reason why they are shaped in to beads and not used for other jewellery. They could be emeralds technically but probably without any of the features that make higher quality emeralds so desirable.

As to your 300 carat emerald necklace for 75 dollars -if you like it, buy it. But it's not an investment piece ;-)

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
i take the neckless for what it is-seems to be real emerald stones-maby not real high quality but emerald & a definite conversation item in a nice green color-not big bucks to purchase but u can show off the stones to anybody whose liking is tipped to real gem jewelry & emeralds-you should enjoy-show what u gots-steve...

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
+ a little more-the wife has a gemstone neckless that has an assortment of different stones & gold beads-she gets complements on this item all the time + she adds small hangers to it when she wants to change it a little-versitle-still steve...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emerald beads are exactly that - the mineral emerald has been fashioned into beads and not faceted. These are generally much less expensive than faceted emeralds because they do not have to be clean (clarity wise), colour quality is usually uneven and lesser, not well matched, and could even be treated. I noticed no mention of treatment or otherwise, but for the low price of $75, does it really matter? Get it if you like it but do not expect fine looking emeralds. It is most likely to be real emeralds but probably treated and of lower quality.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For $75, I would expect opaque black stones, composite, or some dyed cheap stones, if they are really natural stones of course.

Malachite is a very pretty natural green gem that I think would look lovely in a green beaded necklace. It is banded, but the overall color is green if you're looking for something green and natural in color. There is faux malachite, but real malachite is very cold to the touch.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re. the beads - I would not buy them, but tastes differ.

TL - sorry to tell you, but in Moscow I saw gorgeous-looking "Plisovy" malachite beads, and it was an upscale store. Being a local, I used the opportunity to look, smell, feel, and look more (into drilled holes). It was reconstituted, like they do with turquoise. Just some stuff covered with malachite. Same happened with charoite beads. I would be careful with malachite as well...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1292650065|2800164 said:
Re. the beads - I would not buy them, but tastes differ.

TL - sorry to tell you, but in Moscow I saw gorgeous-looking "Plisovy" malachite beads, and it was an upscale store. Being a local, I used the opportunity to look, smell, feel, and look more (into drilled holes). It was reconstituted, like they do with turquoise. Just some stuff covered with malachite. Same happened with charoite beads. I would be careful with malachite as well...

Thanks for the "heads up" Crasru. It just goes to show you that treatments/simulants are happening at a faster pace than I can keep up with.

Well, real malachite is lovely if you can find it. *sigh* about the simulants though.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1292695432|2800407 said:
crasru|1292650065|2800164 said:
Well, real malachite is lovely if you can find it. *sigh* about the simulants though.

Totally with you on this, TL. I love malachite, but I haven't purchased any for over 20 years because of the simulants. :nono:

I think what's happened to turquoise (we saw that become mostly fakes in the late 1970's, remember?) is also a shame. I have (non-PS) dealers try to convince me that "their turquoise" is the real stuff, but I'm not buying it.

I think a PS vendor would do well to sell us all even "cheap stuff" like turquoise and malachite if they could/would guarantee it's authentic and not full of epoxy or resin.

I would love the malachite beads that you suggested, TL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results