shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this color change sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is my first post in here!!! I am looking for a gemstone for a RHR, roundish about 6-6.5mm. I have had my eye on this sapphire for a few months and am curious why it hasn''t sold, I love the colors! Is there any reason I shouldn''t buy this??? Am I missing something? Thanks for your help
35.gif

shimmercolorchangesapphire.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It appears rather too dark for my taste. I''ve found that gemstones are usually a bit darker in person than they are in photographs too.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if there is a good return policy, why not have it sent to you for approval?

movie zombie

ps and, yes, in real life, stones are usually much darker in person than in pictures on the net. however, you won''t know if this stone is the one you want unless you see it.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you both for your input. I am such a newbie with gemstones, I didn''t know that they appear darker IRL! Thank you for the information, I think I might order it and decide then, I do like darker stones so this one may work. There is a 10 day return policy. Thanks so much!
35.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Does anyone have other suggestions for a roundish 6-6.5mm stone? It doesn''t have to be sapphire, and I would like to keep it under $500. I like purple (light and dark), blue (light and dark), pink (light and orangish-pink) and red. I would like it to be well cut. Thank you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
color stones are like diamonds.......there is something for every budget. its always a tradeoff. what is iimportant is does the stone please you........

it sounds like you''ve got an open mind re what type of stone. if you don''t have time constraints, perhaps taking time to get more educated regarding many types of stones will help you decide what tradeoffs you''re going to need to make and/or are willing to make.

movie zombie

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Spinel can come in blue, purple, pink and red. Garnets can be found in pink and red. If this stone is for an engagement ring or a ring you''d wear all the time you may want to stick with sapphires.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sapphire is much harder on the moh scale. spess is only 7.25-7.5 on the moh''s scale and not really suitable for 24/7 wear.......

movie zombie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 1:26:51 PM
Author: Kismet
Spinel can come in blue, purple, pink and red. Garnets can be found in pink and red. If this stone is for an engagement ring or a ring you''d wear all the time you may want to stick with sapphires.
agreed re garnets not being suitable for 24/7 ring wear.

movie zombie

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, this is for a RHR that would be worn 1-3x a week (not daily). I emailed Jeff White to see if he could do something with my budget. I sure hope he can
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a RHR ring any of the gemstones would work great. I love garnets, sapphires and spinels all of which come in a wide variety of lovely colors. I will look forward to what you find.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
keep us posted, please!

movie zombie

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Woohoo! Just wanted to update, I heard back from Jeff White and he will be cutting a Malaya Garnet for me!!!!! I''m so excited.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
will demand pictures as soon as you get that garnet!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results