shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt Troubles: How to Respond?

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it from your post that the replacement red spinel is comparable colour and cut wise? What is the mm and ct size difference? I am very happy for you two that everything has fallen into place now, in spite of the huge scare earlier. Congrats on the completed ring and upcoming engagement. And yes, pictures are the required "payment" for the advice (that we have gladly shared in the first place.) :devil: :bigsmile:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping the proposal went great and you two are celebrating with friends and family. I'm sure she is thrilled with the ring given all the thought and effort you put into it.

dizzyj

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delayed response, but...well, it worked...

I'm not the best photographer of these sorts of things, but I tried to get both the ring itself and how the ring looks against her hand.

Obviously, it looks darker here, it's a full-throated red, and it picks up light from my mother's diamonds beneath it beautifully. Sholdt were great about the pickup, and mailed my mother's ring and remaining diamonds back to here promptly and with a note that apparently got my mom crying again, which is going to stop being noteworthy sometime soon I imagine.

I'm so grateful for all the help I got from you folks here and for the work that Sholdt did. The most important part was that she said yes, but I'm really glad she has something beautiful and unique to show for it, and that we were able to get it done quickly and at a rate that leaves me (almost) able to afford a wedding soon :)

_16158.jpg

_16159.jpg

10013322_10152322989699668_1613803358_0.jpg

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a redder pic your fiancee sent me lol

SO EXCITED! It worked out so well! You guys are adorable.

imag0309.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! :love: You both look so happy-Congratulations!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That ring is stunning! So happy all turned out well for you! I'm a Sholdt fan and love the N-S orientation of those prongs.
Congratulations on your engagement :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Congratulations! Its as beautiful as you the couple are!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
I just want to say first of all- the two of you are absolutely adorable! And secondly, something about the design and the proportions of the ring kept drawing me in. The ring is beautiful- and the color of the spinel is gorgeous. I love the fact that you were able to use your mother's diamonds in your fiancé's engagement ring. I would be crying tears of joy too if my son had the forethought and consideration for such a gesture.

kavnadoo

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Great she said yes and its a stunning ring to top it off.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the engagement and the ring. The two of you are a beautiful couple and I wish you both the best. :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring & great photo of you both! Best wishes for everything -- and I love your mother too!

--- Laurie

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! The ring is just beautiful and she looks very happy!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting and the spinel looks beautiful. Congratulations!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Such a sweet picture! Beautiful ring too.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, this all ended up lovely. :appl:

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to a lovely couple ~ and oh my goodness that ring is gorgeous and so red! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results