shape
carat
color
clarity

Shapes you like in CS but not in diamonds

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am surprised to find myself liking trillion cut CSs, as I would not look at trillions in diamonds, except perhaps as side stones.

Care to share your experience please?

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely trilliants and possibly ovals.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I do the opposite? I looove marquise but not so much in colored stones. I don't know why.

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm with you, DK and Chrono, on the trillion thing. I like them in CS but not diamonds.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
- I like trillions in CS. Not in diamonds
- I like marquises and Emerald cuts in diamonds. In CS I prefer other shapes.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love a marquise and EC in CS but most stones just aren't to snuff as CS with numerous cut issues that diamonds can get away with but CS cannot.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For me, it isn't a matter of shape (outline) but of facet patterns. I love interesting facet patterns in CS that just wouldn't work in diamonds. Or carved stones (like Munsteiner).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1439563660|3914472 said:
- I like trillions in CS. Not in diamonds
- I like marquises and Emerald cuts in diamonds. In CS I prefer other shapes.
+1: I love cabochons in CS which is a No Go in diamonds

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Surprisingly, I don't mind hearts and rose cuts in colored stones but don't much like them in diamonds.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I'm starting to really appreciate a nice CS trillion, but in diamonds prefer them as sidestones. :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like trillions a lot and LOVE when someone does a phenomenal job setting one.

Like Chrono's Chryso, and I'm so sorry I can't remember the PSer but she is here and she will shout out that its hers (can't believe I can't remember whose it is :wall: )

And the beautiful design that DK posts from time to time...I'll see if I can find it.

chronochryso_pre.jpg

chrono_chryso_2_pre.jpg

mint__rose_and_trillion_pre.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Trillions, ovals, marquises, and pears. I really only like square, rectangular, and round shapes in diamonds, but for CS anything is fair game.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1439665968|3914935 said:
Trillions, ovals, marquises, and pears. I really only like square, rectangular, and round shapes in diamonds, but for CS anything is fair game.

:appl: Quote of the week

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: I can't find it and should have kept it when you posted it, but can you post that trillion setting with what looks like the petals of pave around it? I love that setting for trillions. If I don't sell my Merelani Mint, that is how I want to set it. :cheeky:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1439666529|3914941 said:
DK: I can't find it and should have kept it when you posted it, but can you post that trillion setting with what looks like the petals of pave around it? I love that setting for trillions. If I don't sell my Merelani Mint, that is how I want to set it. :cheeky:

Is this it?
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-did-not-like-trillions-much.207416/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-did-not-like-trillions-much.207416/[/URL]

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the one, it's a diamondmounts/jewe2004 setting:

__12_1.jpg
flowerring_1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yes, I love that setting! It would make any trillion sing. :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1439673643|3914959 said:
That's the one, it's a diamondmounts/jewe2004 setting:

__12_1.jpg
flowerring_1.jpg

I've never been a fan of trillion cuts, but that ring is enough to make me change my mind! But definitely I would never go for one in a diamond, but in a CS (depending on the stone, quality, etc), there are some amazing ones.

Also agree with the previous poster who said carved stones/fantasty cuts are something that wouldn't be possible in diamonds but look amazing in CS. Just one more reason for me to keep collecting CS :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 trillions now, and am working on a third one.

DK :naughty:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Minous, Yvonne Raley has this setting for trillions for rings (and stud earrings too, I believe). It's along the same lines as the one you like only more minimal. I really like it. She also has an interesting design for marquise cuts that I like too. See pics...

_33327.jpg

_33328.jpg

_33329.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for starting this thread, DK!

For me, it depends on the setting and the stone has to be cut well no matter what the shape.

Assuming you're talking about centre stones:

In general, I like rounds, well cut ovals, and cushions (preferably squarish). I could make an exception for a pear or marquise (CS or antique diamond) that grabs my attention. I would say NO in general to trillions except for perhaps in a pendant and even then it would have to be a fantasy cut like by Uli / Osiris Gems.

For CS I like Asscher cuts and step cuts, but I don't like them as much in diamonds (having said that, if my husband offers me something like Amal Clooney's emerald-cut ring I will not turn it down!). I love rose cuts in both CS and diamonds, but can't justify buying rose cut diamonds at the same price as a MRB or OEC because I buy diamonds for the sparkle & flashes, not shimmer factor.

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I like all shapes. I don't love princesses in colored stones, but otherwise, I'm pretty equal opportunity when it comes to all styles of cutting! I do think that marquise and trillions are underrated though!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not keen on princess in diamonds and am not keen on them in CS unless the corners are cut off.

I may still get one in amethyst as I would like to replace my cheapo copy of the Cartier Tank ring.

Definitely not keen on marquise in diamonds and was not keen on them in CS, until I saw the by-pass ring setting with the diamond set east-west, and thought it would do nicely with a CS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results