shape
carat
color
clarity

setting ideas for concave cut spessartite in JKT?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
post pictures of the finished ring when you can, Little!

MoZo

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1294766453|2819766 said:
post pictures of the finished ring when you can, Little!

MoZo

Will do, we just settled on a design. I don't have permission to post the sketches so I will just say it will be similar Largomom's ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jkt-blue-zircon-ring-in-palladium-white-gold.148123/. The shoulder will be a slightly different design and the bezel and the shoulder will be 18kt yellow gold. The shank will be silver. There won't be any accent stones.

I told her I am not into chunky rings, and she thinks for my sized stone, the split shank on the original piece I put up would be too thick for my tastes. This shoulder supports the bezel, but still allows the ring to be fairly thin.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I wear that ring at least once a week (I have a few to rotate through now), and am very happy with it. It's comfortable and I get lots of compliments on it. I think that your spess would look awesome in one of her settings. One thing that Julia noted and I agree with is that it is a very sturdy setting, that still looks and feels delicate. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Laura

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
[quote="LtlFirecracker|I told her I am not into chunky rings, and she thinks for my sized stone, the split shank on the original piece I put up would be too thick for my tastes. This shoulder supports the bezel, but still allows the ring to be fairly thin.[/quote]

that's a great design for inspiration for the setting for your spess. looking forward to when you can give us more design details.

MoZo

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Largosmom - I am glad you are happy with your ring, it really is beautiful.

MZ - she won't let me post images. But if you look on her "sold items" page, you can see a sketch of the ring and a description. I am so excited. It should be ready by mid Feb the latest :bigsmile:

Now I need to distract myself for a month. Good thing I have a trip to New York coming up....

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sketch!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The delicate gold accents frame your spess beautifully, can't wait to see the finished ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An open bezel like that is going to be gorgeous for the spess, especially since you’ve decided to do 18K gold on portions of the rings. I can’t wait to see pictures of it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the simplicity of the sketch design is breathtaking! again, post pictures when/if you can at some future time of the actual finished ring! a hand shot is mandatory.

MoZo

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty - thank you

lovinggems - I can't either. It is going to be a long month

Chrono - I remember you first making that suggestion when I asked for ideas a long time ago. I took a lot of suggestions from that old thread, I just wanted to wait until I could do it right. My first problem was I kept blowing my budget on colored stones, which I forced myself to stop buying until I set the ones I have. Than the engagement and wedding ate all my extra cash. I think I e-mailed JKT 2 weeks after I got married to get on her list. I wanted this to be the first project once all wedding stuff settled down.

MZ - I promise to post pics :). After taking 2 years to set this stone I think I have to. I am going to try some suggestions Kenny made in another thread to try to keep PS from muting the spess.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LC - you could not do better than with Richard's stone! So much fire!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
crasru|1295038185|2822900 said:
LC - you could not do better than with Richard's stone! So much fire!

Thank you. I remember being nervous about getting it being I hand never seen a spessartite and I was not sure how I felt about concave cut stones. But now that I have other stones to compare it too, I think it was one of the best decisions I have made.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It is here. I was able to get some pretty decent pics of the ring today.

JKTspess1.png

JKTspess2.png

JKTspess3.png

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
And I have some more...

JKTspess6.png

JKTspess7.png

JKTspess5.png

JKTspess4.png

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it Ltl! It's really pretty and the two tone looks so nice. Glad you like it a lot better in person than you thought!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhh, such a lyrical setting and then
BAM
That color socks you in the eye !!!!!!

It's absolutely gorgeous :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I would not worry too much about the design, other than knowing if you want it with a floral motif, or plain, or art deco, etc. You need to just have a general idea of how you want things to go. I was just.....stunned and delighted when she sent me the sketch of my stone. One thing you might think about is what type shank you want. I wanted sort of an odd one and she had to special order something for mine. Her work is just perfection.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely! It looks very graceful and elegant, and your spess glows!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i particularly like the last picture. congrats!

MoZo

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Very nicely done MTG! :appl:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Packrat - thanks, it is a beautiful ring in person

ooo~shiny - thank you, I love your description of my pics :bigsmile:

lavatea, aoife - thank you

Pink Tower - I agree her work is perfection

MoZo - thank you, and thank you for all your help during this process as well. I am glad I went with gold around the stone.

MTG - thanks. I know you have been waiting to see this one. This is a stone I sat on for a little too long and probably should have set a little sooner.

Brandy - thanks

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
That is pure :love: right there! Amazing!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1300287537|2873166 said:
That is pure :love: right there! Amazing!

Thank you very much!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
At the risk of rhyming, the flow and the glow of that ring! Its really lovely and unique looking. Enjoy it!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy your new ring, it's lovely!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I really love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results