shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting a cushion sapphire - ideas please

DotDot

Rough_Rock
Hello,

While my sapphire is sitting at AGL, I am ready to start exploring the setting. My sapphire is a cushion around 7.9 x 7.3mm. I like halo with split shank, but would like a small split in the shank. Or even better, some other side stones between the split.

Have you seen any settings like that? Would love to see pictures!

Thanks ahead for all your help, as always!

DotDot

Rough_Rock
Ok ok, I will offer up a picture and hoping others can give me more options.

Quoted an insane price (in my mind) for it. Hoping for better options.

_20540.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite types of settings for a cushion is a 'butterfly" setting like this one, belonging to Athenawoth, on the bottom.

mahengemine.jpg

Some are half butterflies, or four marquise on each side (full butterfly), or have some round stones as well, as in Athena's gorgeous ring.

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock

DotDot

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for reponding. It's hard to see but the setting I posted has two kite shaped side stones wedged between the split shank. Are there other settings like this? Love the look of that butterfly side stones. So cute.

Another related question...If I buy the stone at one vendor and go to a different vendor for setting and something happened during setting, who is usually responsible for the loss? Is it the setter or me? How do I protect myself in this case?

Thank you all.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DotDot|1406148573|3719315 said:
Thank you both for reponding. It's hard to see but the setting I posted has two kite shaped side stones wedged between the split shank. Are there other settings like this? Love the look of that butterfly side stones. So cute.
You may get more help with settings in RT. The ladies there can help you find the best option. I have seen kite sidestones in settings by SimonG and Beaudry. Neither is cheap. Alternatively, DBL has split shank settings so you can ask if they can add kites in the split. A halo with side stones will be expensive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results