color
clarity

sell me on CS solitaires!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
see avatar: 8.18 spess in 22k gold.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring is a lavender spinel set in a very simple white gold solitaire, and I adore it. I do sometimes think about re-setting it in something that has a little more detail, but I'm going to wait and see how I like it with bands before I commit.

img_0007_2.jpg

img_0017_2.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1408372803|3734794 said:

Id like a few more pics than that little avatar, please and thanks :halo:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The camera isn't cooperating today; the stone has more yellow than green IRL, looking more like the Mountain Dew we had during our staff meeting last week.

_18997.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1408377257|3734837 said:
movie zombie|1408372803|3734794 said:

Id like a few more pics than that little avatar, please and thanks :halo:

+1 :halo:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
D&T I love your rings. They are very classic

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious said:
D&T I love your rings. They are very classic

Awww thanks Pregcurious! ::)

Niel- is there a certain look you are trying to go for? or is this for an e-ring? alternate E-ring? or a "fun" ring? depending on what you are trying to do, there are so many variations to a "solitaire" look with only one stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
petit_bijou|1408376527|3734827 said:
My engagement ring is a lavender spinel set in a very simple white gold solitaire, and I adore it. I do sometimes think about re-setting it in something that has a little more detail, but I'm going to wait and see how I like it with bands before I commit.

img_0007_2.jpg

img_0017_2.jpg

That's the perfect ring to wear with diamond bands if you want to dress it up, but the stone is beautiful on its own as well. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1408390954|3734953 said:
The camera isn't cooperating today; the stone has more yellow than green IRL, looking more like the Mountain Dew we had during our staff meeting last week.

That solitaire is a work of art. Just love it.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Petit_bijou, your engagement ring is my dream ring. I would be happy with that ring on my finger forever. I love it as a solitaire. It's so beautiful, I think it doesn't need anything else :love:

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I have a few solitaires.

1) Faint pink natural topaz in a rose gold ring. The stone came from Gene. The setting is from Brian Gavin.

topazring.jpg

2) Ruby from gemfix, and the setting is from Brian Gavin.

bgrubyring.jpg

I'm really partial to halos.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd say probably 90% of my colored stones are set in solitaires. I think that diamonds draw the eye away from the beautiful colored stone and prefer the CS to be the focal point. Here are some of my more recent pieces...

il_89.jpg

il_88.jpg
(This one is a great example of how to showcase a small stone...it's about 2.5mm square.)

img_2569.jpg

img_20130715_175047.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

petit_bijou said:

<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" rel="nofollow" href="https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/icp/img_0007_2.jpg[/img"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>pricescope</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>forum</span><span>/</span><span>files</span><span>/</span><span>icp</span><span>/</span><span>img</span><span>_</span><span>0007</span><span>_</span><span>2</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

[img]<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" rel="nofollow" href="https://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/icp/img_0017_2.jpg[/img"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>pricescope</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>forum</span><span>/</span><span>files</span><span>/</span><span>icp</span><span>/</span><span>img</span><span>_</span><span>0017</span><span>_</span><span>2</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>][/quote]

Purple isn't high on the list of colors I love, but I will say that your stone is stunning. You have a gorgeous, classic engagement ring! :love: And TL is right, it's the perfect setting to pair with a diamond band. Really, you have free reign to do whatever you want. Sort of reminds me of my wedding set (although, sadly, my main stone is not a CS).

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the rings in this thread! YUM!

And colored stone solitaires are almost all I have. I don't have an enviable collection by PS standards (or anyone's, probably), so I doubt I'd be able to sell anyone on them, but here is why I like them.

1. I love simplicity in style anyway. I've always loved the look of a plain solitaire with a plain gold band. I guess it's kind of the opposite of most people's thinking, but I actually feel a stone in a plain tiffany setting looks somehow MORE special than one decked out in diamonds. This could probably have something to do with where I live, though. Not many people spend money on jewelry (my 1.35ct engagement ring often gets called huge), and most attention grabbing stones in attention grabbing settings are the cheap fake ones teenage girls bought at Claire's or Walmart. I also work in yoga pants and tank tops, so too much bling can look kinda funny.

2. I won't pretend it's not about budget. If I had unlimited means I suppose I might feel differently. But in my situation I could save for months or even years for that one special rock and that one special setting, and I'd probably get bored looking at it just the same. I guess I like variety. Planet Earth makes SO many cool things I could never pick just one favorite, so I think it's fun to buy a stone on a whim just because I don't have any of that variety yet. Putting it in a stock sterling setting and getting it on my finger right away means I have another new rock to choose from and I can start putting money away for when the next one strikes my fancy. I really do enjoy opening my jewelry box every morning and choosing which stone or stones I'd like to stare at all day.

3. STACKERS. :love: I just really love stackers. :big smile:

Crappy fuzzy sausage fingered group shots below:)

photo_1-24.jpg

photo_2-22.jpg

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Kelli|1408457858|3735468 said:
I LOVE the rings in this thread! YUM!

And colored stone solitaires are almost all I have. I don't have an enviable collection by PS standards (or anyone's, probably),

Oh please! I love your rings and envy them/you very much :) Especially the Barry garnets. Damn you and your quick trigger fingers!

:clap:

I only have 3 CS rings so far. *sniff* :boohoo:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli,
Your stacker rings are awesome!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my sister in laws RHR. I think all in all it ran $110 in 14k. I want yo hate it because in my head CSs need diamonds but every time I see her I am obsessed with it.

uploadfromtaptalk1408504004546.jpg

kt

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely, positively, lust after this ring that someone is selling on the bistro but unfortunately is way out of my budget at the moment (and may be just a shade too big for my hands). But the simplicity if this type of bezel solitaire really showcases the stone, IMHO!!

_21488.jpg

_21489.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments guys, and YAY for more stackers! The colors really are gorgeous, and I love the yellow gold!

Niel, I LOVE that. I can see why you are obsessed. A princess solitaire is something I've been wanting too, but I hardly ever see princess cut colored stones. Someday though… :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DianeM|1408549559|3736225 said:
Niel|1408504010|3735977 said:
Here is my sister in laws RHR. I think all in all it ran $110 in 14k.
Niel, is that pretty stone a demantoid or . . . ? The shape and setting look unusual. Do you have a photo taken from the side?

Diane
Its just crooked. A friend of mine bought a princess cut second hand, he let me have the setting. The the stone is a chrysoberyl I bought off ebay. Luck would have it it was the exact size of the princess my friend bought. I swear I had more photos but they must be on an old phone I cannot find them.

S

SparkliesLuver

kt said:
I absolutely, positively, lust after this ring that someone is selling on the bistro but unfortunately is way out of my budget at the moment (and may be just a shade too big for my hands). But the simplicity if this type of bezel solitaire really showcases the stone, IMHO!!

Where is this? :oops: It is gorgeous.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone's rings are beautiful :love: but I have to ask Kelli where she got her twisty band rings from? Especially the ring finger ones - I love them!! Thank you!!
:wavey:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1408557498|3736298 said:
kt said:

Where is this? :oops: It is gorgeous.

I hope it's OK if I post the link here... http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Colored-Center-Stone/listings/39329/577ct-Blue-Violet-Color-Change-Emerald-Cut-Natura.html

S

SparkliesLuver

Alexah: Thank you for posting the link! :drool:

burntskye

Rough_Rock

img_0007_2.jpg

img_0017_2.jpg

Petit_Bijou - what a beautiful ring! Can you share the stone specs like the size and cut and vendor?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
burntskye|1408565951|3736371 said:

Petit_Bijou - what a beautiful ring! Can you share the stone specs like the size and cut and vendor?

Her engagement ring is Gorgeous... :cheeky: you can find the story of her ring here (I hope she doesn't mind me posting it!):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-brad-found-my-dream-stone-2-42-ct-lavender-spinel.198242/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-brad-found-my-dream-stone-2-42-ct-lavender-spinel.198242/[/URL]

burntskye

Rough_Rock
alexah|1408567658|3736382 said:

Her engagement ring is Gorgeous... :cheeky: you can find the story of her ring here (I hope she doesn't mind me posting it!):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-brad-found-my-dream-stone-2-42-ct-lavender-spinel.198242/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-brad-found-my-dream-stone-2-42-ct-lavender-spinel.198242/[/URL]

Thanks Alexah! I read the story - so amazing and the pictures? beautiful! what a stone.Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but there were references to "Brad" as the vendor. Who is Brad? Is that a particular vendor i could look up? Thanks!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_0007_2.jpg

img_0017_2.jpg

Every time I see that stone I die a little inside with envy! Tis truly the most perfect lavender stone I've ever seen... :love:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
burntskye|1408568530|3736390 said:
alexah|1408567658|3736382 said:

Thanks Alexah! I read the story - so amazing and the pictures? beautiful! what a stone.Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but there were references to "Brad" as the vendor. Who is Brad? Is that a particular vendor i could look up? Thanks!

I believe Brad is The Gem Trader: http://www.thegemtrader.com/About%20TGT.htm

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
alexah|1408557581|3736303 said:
Everyone's rings are beautiful :love: but I have to ask Kelli where she got her twisty band rings from? Especially the ring finger ones - I love them!! Thank you!!

Thank you:)
They are Stuller settings. http://www.stuller.com/products/sh304/?groupId=105263
Any jeweler can order them and they're good and cheap in silver (cheap is great when you're ordering a bunch).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results