shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphires and rings

xoxocheri

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

We are really interested in a sapphire for my engagement ring, but I am having a hard time seeing quality stones in person.

I am now looking online, and it is becoming difficult to tell what the stones really look like as lighting can change the appearance and I can see that many are over-saturated images. I really appreciate Julia B's work on Etsy because she shows a video of most of her rings. I am really loving two of her rings and may want to settle for one of them.

My goal is to get a 1.5+ carat blue sapphire and put it in to a simple gold halo setting. Top budget for all of this would be $4k CAD

I have two questions,

1. Are there any Canadians out there who can recommend any in-person jewelers that I can bring in sapphires for me to choose from? I am in the GTA. Or do you have any recommendations with preset stones?

2. I mentioned Julia B as I have two rings in mind from her. Would any of you recommend her and either of these rings?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/203...edium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share&ulsfg=true

https://www.etsy.com/listing/208518065/valentines-day-sale-blue-sapphire?ref=shop_home_active_18

Thank you so much for any input on this.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 excellent Canadian lapidaries:
Lisa Elser - www.lisaelser.com
Christiane Morin - you can find her on Facebook.

Both sapphires have medium tone and also medium saturation, so it looks to be grayish indoors. I don't know the particular blue you are looking for. The first setting also looks more refined than the second setting. The videos show the sapphires at their best (strong indoors lights and diffused outdoor conditions).

xoxocheri

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, i'll check out your recommendations.
I prefer a cornflower blue and the shape I am not so picky about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results