shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Rings Project

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Hello Guys,

After I've been anonymously stalking the whole site for years, I've then decided to register for my own account a week ago. So technically, I'm really new to this community.

I'm a Thai user so please bear with my English Language :angel:

I would like to share my FIRST time experience of colored gemstones purchasing. I was really exciting on that day as there are soooo many shops in Jewelry Trade Center (JTC), Bangkok (Thailand) and that frightened me as I've heard a lot about fake gemstones (I was so attached to diamonds for so long so really have no idea about colored stones). Until I met a vendor named Expert Gems (their shop does not look so scary to me). The gemologist was so kind and friendly. She spent 30-45 minutes lecturing me loads of colored stones information without my confirmation to buy anything from her. That changed my attitude to buying colored gemstones.

I went to JTC with my friend for the sake of seeking for a 'Kyanite' bracelet for her. She got nothing on the day but the unplanned thing happened.

Okay I talked too much now.. Let's discuss the key things here. Eventually, I unexpectedly decided to buy these 2 stones from them (as they look sooo beautiful to me at that time and I was afraid that I might not meet them both again next time):

-1- 2.77ct Blue Sapphire (from Africa) in Oval Shape

bluesapphire1.jpg

bluesapphire2.jpg

bluesapphirecert.jpg

-2- 1.43ct Green Sapphire (from Thailand) in Pear Shape

greensapphire1.jpg

greensapphire2.jpg

greensapphirecert.jpg

I've purchased these stones from the vendor on 2015-02-06. They were sent to AIGS Lab for report generating on the same day (the lab sits in the same building). Got them back again on 2015-02-12. I came to the shop yesterday to take photos of my babies and their certs so I could virtually see them before my daily sleep (well I'm sure you know how hard to live when we have to wait for them during the ring setting period!! I've been through this several times and still couldn't stand!! It's 2 weeks in hell indeed).

Discussed to the vendor and the below are the target ring designs they're working for me:

-1- The Blue Sapphire ring -- 4 prongs setting in white gold metal with small diamonds and some art deco design. This is the draft design from the vendor.

bsdesign.jpg

-2- The Green Sapphire ring -- Bazel setting in 925 Sterling Silver metal (got this picture from the internet).

gsdesign.jpg

They said the rings would be finished and ready by 2015-02-26. I would die every day waiting for them. Will update this thread when I have anything new!!

Wish you all enjoy this wait session with me. I'll find money in between. x :love: :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS and the CS section.

I am in the same boat as you, in that I can only make jewellery purchases by paying in instalments. However, the wait is definitely worth it IMHO.

Looking forward to read and see your finished jewellery.

DK :))

uber

Rough_Rock
Sawadee-kha! :) love the drawing for your blue sapphire from your vendor. Can't wait to see the final piece.

When's the next gem trade in bkk? Maybe i'll see you there? :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome :wavey:
What an exciting project. The design looks great. Happy waiting.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Sawadee ka praween! I look forward to seeing your projects unfold.

If you are interested in a list of recommended vendors for future projects there are a few listed here who are based in Thailand (like Jeff Davies) with whom some PSers have had positive experiences. Next time I'm in BKK I will definately visit his showroom! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-for-reference.208782/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-vendors-for-reference.208782/[/URL]

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the fact that you have chosen two radically different styles of rings, and yet they are both lovely designs. I look forward to seeing the finished products!

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Many thanks guys. I'm dying waiting :lol:

uber - There's 55th Bangkok Gems Fair & Jewelry Fair 2015 happening next week. Do let me know if you visit BKK next time.
Acinom - Thank you!. I like the color of a stone in your avatar. Would find one next time.
ricezo - Thanks for the info. I've had a look at Jeff Davies online shop and he has such a great gem stock! I wish I could visit his local store if it's not too far.
minousbijoux - I love art deco rings. The green sapphire one would be my first pinky ring. Just want to keep it plain so it's not that hard to live with it in daily life :angel:

Had a chat with the vendor yesterday, she said it's Chinese new year holiday in BKK at the moment so no staff working. They will send me some progress pics tomorrow or the day after. Will keep you posted!! xx

Praween :love:

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Dying daily...

I just got these pics from the vendor. She said that the wax of blue sapphire ring has just finished (she reverted back to the goldsmith for fixing for 3 times). She would send me more pics when it got casted in white gold:

img_1652.jpg

img_1653.jpg

Here's the pics of an almost finished green sapphire silver ring. She said the gem setting is actually done but she has no pic at the moment. Awaiting silver plating and it's done she said.:

img_1656.jpg

img_1657.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic progress on the rings. The settings all look fabulous! :appl:

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono. :angel:

Some more progress pics... The green sapphire ring is now finished. Here's the final pic from vendor and I really want to see how it will look like on my left pinky finger:

_27592_2.jpg

And here's the progress of the blue sapphire ring. She said it should be ready for pick up this Friday... Dying Dying :wall: :wall:

_27592_0.jpg

_27593.jpg

_27592_1.jpg

_27592.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
The green sapphire ring is gorgeous! The setting is substantial but feminine I love the curves!

And your yellow gold setting looks great! Looking forward to seeing lots of hand shots!

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Cheers ricezo. Can't wait to make those handshots!! :naughty:

Here's another pic of green sapphire ring I got from vendor. She wore it on her pinky finger.

img_1699_0.jpg

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
I visited their shop today just to get the green sapphire ring. Was so happy as the rock looks better than when it's not in setting. These are some handshots. Sorry ladies, please bear with my plain hands. I'm a man :whistle:

Indoor:

img_1721.jpg

In car (kind of very hot in Bangkok today so I didn't take outdoor shot):

img_1716.jpg

img_1719.jpg

Whole hand:

img_1732.jpg

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
And for blue sapphire ring, she said the stone settings has been completed. Just polishing remains then it's done.

img_1722.jpg

img_1723.jpg

img_1724.jpg

img_1725.jpg

She asked her sister to wear it on hand so I could see how it looks like before polishing. Can't wait to see the final look!! :wall:

img_1726_0.jpg

img_1734.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pinky ring! I've always had a weakness for pear shaped gemstones. The sapphire comes alive in the setting. FYI - I'm a woman and I wish my hands looked as nice as yours.

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Cheers Poodles4me and Emeraldluvr.

The blue sapphire ring now ready!! I will pick it up tomorrow!! :dance: :dance:

img_1745_0.jpg

img_1746.jpg

img_1747.jpg

img_1748.jpg

And some handshots from vendor:

img_1742.jpg

img_1743.jpg

img_1744_1.jpg

Let's see how it looks like on my finger tomorrow. :love:

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Got the ring!!!. I keep looking at my hand several times in an hour. I really like it. Handshots below. Do you like it?:

img_1758.jpg

img_1759.jpg

img_1767_0.jpg

img_1768.jpg

img_1770_0.jpg

img_1771.jpg

Here's my handshot indoor:

img_1773i.jpg

And to complete the "blue day" look, I got this additional stud earring customized for me (I got only left ear pierced) from the same vendor. Take a look!!

0.86ct Royal Blue Sapphire from Madagascar in white gold setting:

img_1781.jpg

img_1782.jpg

img_1784.jpg

It's time to fill the wardrobe with blue stuffs :dance:

I hope you enjoy this journey with me. See you in future projects guys (If I work hard enough to have next budget :doh:).

Happy shopping!!

Praween

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, the ring turned out great! Nice sapphire stud too :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results